LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how does lyme "find" your places of injury or weak spots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how does lyme "find" your places of injury or weak spots
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it that lyme seems to find any area of weakness in your body? How does it know to go there?

I understand that it could hide in scar tissue easier, but how is it that you can have a little strain in your body and the lyme seems to rush right to that area? What alerts it to the fact that it should go there and wreak havoc? Is it lured by inflammation?

Is this just my imagination? I really do not think it is.

Thanks for any insight.

V

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbh93
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbh93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question. I don't think it's your imagination.

I would think (and I'm no scientist) that inflammation would repel the bacteria, because isn't inflammation caused by your immune system attacking stuff? I would think lyme would want to stay away from that.

That doesn't seem to be the case though, from patient stories. Is it possible we're just perceiving the minor injuries as more painful and inflamed because of the overall weakness in our bodies, not because lyme is making a mad dash there?

I'm sorry I don't have answers but sure am interested in this is well. Thanks for posting.

--------------------
------------
It took 20 years to find out I'm not crazy.
New bite in 2010 pushed my body over the edge. Positive for lyme, babs, bart, and myco.
I am not a doctor and happily offer only my own opinions.

Posts: 357 | From The Beach | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VB, this is a great question. I've heard that LD/spirochete will gravitate towards the "weakest link" so to speak in your body.

sbh, I really don't think it's a matter of perception. But I don't have answers either.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twisted Jon
Member # 31236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twisted Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am curious about this. I was being treated for lyme for about a week and barely brushed my finger against a rock in our garden. My finger swelled up and the pain was intense! I have not been able to use that hand effectively since...
Posts: 98 | From Maytown PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first of all, it isn't just Lyme that does this! I think it is a bacteria thing.

My brother has had issues for the last couple of years with getting cellulites in his shin area. It is exactly where he was kicked really hard and the bone chipped years ago.

But to answer your question. I really don't know how it knows to go there. Maybe it travels through out the whole body and only settles where it is weakened enough that that area can't fight it off? Lol! I don't know.

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If blood vessels walls are damaged, it's easier for Bb to move from the circulation to the tissue.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Previously damaged areas are usually undersupplied with oxygenated blood. Most critters love that because they intend to survive us. The jawbone is one favorite place and any dental problem benefits them. They despise oxygen. It is never just a bacteria thing - all pathogens and neurotoxins set up housekeeping together, parasites, metals, and all. From there they spread and the brain is very close and vulnerable, especially if it is loaded with mercury and other toxic metals.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe they are a very intelligent super bacteria. Think about their ability to avoid and control the immune system (pretty darn intelligent).

Then they can avoid todays abx and change their make-up to successfully outwit, outlive and thrive.

This bad guy is no dummy. They are serious. I image them (lyme bacteria) teaching the others Gigi speaks of often parasites, virus and other neurotoxins how to survive also.

Gigi, please read the thread over in General about young girl (11) who is very ill and in serious shape in a hospital. This young girl has holes throughout her lungs as shown on xrays.

Everytime I've read up on her condition, I've thought...I wish Gigi could add her wisedom and expertise to this thread.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Map1131, Many Lymies have the parasite aka Lungworm. It starts all the way down in the gut and moves up through lungs, throat, nose, into brain. It is a six week parasite protocol, not very difficult, but effective.
I have posted it recently. My husband is still on it. It also creates breathing/wheezing problems. It is known as Varystrongylus Klapowi. Google Klinghardt and Lungworm and you will run into it.

Remember that parasites are spread back and forth between family members even if you don't drink out of the same cup, when systems are running on low. If one has parasites, all members should be treated. Energetic testing is very reliable while not a single lab test has found it in our case. If not all are treated, the passing back and forth is a big problem. Watch for stringy mucus when rinsing mouth! Or frequent need of clearing throat, sore throat, a kind of wheezing.

School med doctors - forget it - they turn it into aspiration pneumonia and have absolutely no clue!

Google Lungworm Big Island Hawaii for more info on similar infection.

It's late and way past my bedtime....

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Dr. K. alerted me years ago asking "why do you think so many have problems in the reproductive body area? His answer: This is where the bugs plant themselves - this is how they assure their own survival, but stopping short of killing the host alltogether. They know the hot spots and the last door out for life everlasting. Yes, we still have a lot to learn.
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the attack as soon as I took the abx for lyme on my head, where I had mastoid surgery. Stabbing pain that scared me to death.

Now I have back, knee and finger pain that I didnt have before treatment. I had MRIs done and I have arthritis in all the areas pretty bad. But I was told by the orth that even these injuries would not cause such pain. It is the lyme attack on those areas causing it.

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement