LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HELPi think i may have been bitten again by a tick yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELPi think i may have been bitten again by a tick yesterday
sky537
Member # 21859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sky537     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have gotten bitten by a tick yesterday..i had a little black thing attached to me..i have been detoxing and off antibiotics so i took one bicillin i had left over just in case... i am having horrible anxiety and nerve sensation allover including my head never had this with one bicillin and i usually take three a week. should i take another one tonight or wait for my iv clafron to come tomorrow..i read it takes 36 hours to transmit the spirochite..would one bicillin protect me or should i wait till tomorrow and do iv it arrives in the afternoon.
Posts: 50 | From nyc | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you call your LLMD and say it's urgent...I do not know what to

tell you...but given your reaction I don't know if you want to take

anymore @ the moment...I hope you can reach your doc ... In the

meantime...breathe...deeply...this tick may not be carrying any

nasty bugs...did you save it ? Try not to stress...easier said than

done...I know...I hope someone here can chime in to help you...

best wishes to you

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sky537
Member # 21859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sky537     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!!! Trying to remain calm but so scared!!!!
I can't call my lyme doc bc its soo late!!!

Posts: 50 | From nyc | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sky537
Member # 21859

Thank you!!! Trying to remain calm but so scared!!!!
I can't call my lyme doc bc its soo late!!!

onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to get some sleep--important for the immune system--and call him/her when the office opens tomorrow.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sky537
Member # 21859

Thanks got a good night sleep ... gonna see doctor this after
noon...

annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sky

Hope all is ok. Sounds like you were on abx if you had an order of IV abx on its way.

I was told by my LLMD that if I happen to get bitten again this spring, I would already by on abx treatment so not to worry. Not that I am running to get another tick (had two that I know of already)Where in NY were you when you were bitten? Mine was dutchess county both times.

Yes, always save them. My GP gave me test tubes to put them in and he sends them out to be examed for infections.

Praying for you.

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement