LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PCR positive for Anaplasma/Ehrlichia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PCR positive for Anaplasma/Ehrlichia
lajamur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lajamur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the second part of my Spiro Stat panel came back with a positive result for Anaplasmosis.

I am actually really happy about this! Finally something concrete.

I'm having a hard time finding good info about Ehrlichia/HGA in humans -- most of the stuff on the internet seems to be about the canine form!

Would love to hear from anyone who has or had Anaplasma or who knows where I can find some good info about it.

I guess this explains the low white count!

--------------------
Symptoms since age 4
IGM positive Western Blot (Bb)
PCR positive Spiro Stat (Anaplasma)
Suspect babs and bart

Posts: 226 | From Currently in Los Angeles, originally from Malvern, PA. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you take doxy for it. Yes, it causes a low WBC!!

Do a search HERE! [Smile]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
laja, interesting. Today I was doing research for my next door neighbor that just had to put their dog down. I printed off babesia, lyme and anaplasma canine info for them.

My husband told me sx of the dog 2 weeks ago and my radar went up. I was going to have the lyme & co talk with them. The dog was put down before I opened my mouth. Roxy, the boxer was my friend.

I wrote a note to myself with my docs name at top and wrote Anaplasma.

I know that means I want to have blood test for this but, I don't remember what caught my interest on myself.

Now that's a lyme brain for you!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well apparently Ehrlichia is supposed to be one of the easiest tick borne diseases to treat using 2 weeks to a month of Doxycycline. BUT that has NOT been the case for me.

I have it and it just won't go away. I have been on doxy (as well as other abx) for quite a while now. It did turn negative for me once but then came back positive again. I just can't seem to shake it.

They say that for more persistent cases that you can add Rifampin to the Doxy but I was not able to tolerate the Rifampin. So I am hoping this latest round of Doxy will do the trick for me.

Hopefully yours will be the easy to treat kind!

Take Care!
Pam :-)

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lajamur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lajamur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam (map), if you figure out what made you write that note, please let me know!! I understand about lyme brain. [Smile]

Lymetoo, I am combing through old posts here! It's a little hard because it's called so many different things -- ehrlichia, ehrlichiosis, HGE, HGA, anaplasma, anaplasmosis, blah blah blah. [Wink]

Pam -- I am so sorry to hear that you have had a hard time treating it. I think I have other stuff too (Lyme and I suspect babs and bart as well), so I don't really know what's causing which symptoms.. I've been on doxy for about a month and I feel pretty tired and anxious and generally crappy, so I think I'm herxing or something. I hope you feel better soon. Have you improved? And what are your main symptoms??

--------------------
Symptoms since age 4
Suspect babs and bart

Posts: 226 | From Currently in Los Angeles, originally from Malvern, PA. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam, believe me I did plenty of doxy in the early months of getting ill in 99. I took enough that the book on killing anaplasma, lyme and everything in between....

is a waste of paper.

lajamur, since I wrote it down at least I know I can go back and see what made me do aha. I've been on lymenet since '02.

My story is years long. Not only that but I'm a tick magnet. I've been bitten several times since initial illness in 98-99.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lajamur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24593

I feel like the only info I can find about anaplasma pertains to the acute form.

Not a lot about how it manifests once it goes chronic.

I've been sick for at least 20 years... so most of my life so far.

I'm definitely noticing a trend of anecdotal reports that the doxy does not really knock it out the way it's supposed to.

My doc is starting me on Transfer Factor Lyme Plus, allicin, and smilax next week in addition to the doxy. I think he plans to add more stuff too, later on.

--------------------
Symptoms since age 4
Suspect babs and bart

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement