LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bronchitis just won't die

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bronchitis just won't die
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to knock out brochitis without abx. My son has it and it is a juicy cough, mostly is his throat.

It just won't go away. We've taken mucinex, zyrtec, colloidal silver, probiotics, monolauren, lots of water and as much sleep as possible.

Would appreciate any ideas.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeopathic Bryonia and Homeopathic Phosphorus are two remedies I tend to get into taking when my airway gets infected and won't get better. Probably will need to take 1 dose of each remedy (take 1 remedy, wait 5 minutes, take the 2nd remedy) once every 2-3 hours until the symptoms improve.

Has he also been checked for Asthma? I was diagnosed in 2005, and every time I get a chest cold since then, my Asthma seems to get triggered. When this happens, a non-steroid inhaler has been helpful for getting the gunk to finally leave my airway and let me get some much needed air again.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip on the homeopathics.

He does not have asthma, but the md has told him to use the albuterol to help loosen things up. It does help, but is not the cure.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chronic bronchitis IS asthma !!! Also has he been tested for mycoplasma pnuemonaie??? That can be the chronic issue in the lungs.

He should have breathing tests done by an child allergist. That will let you know for sure if it is asthma. But asthma is an immune response so it all goes hand in hand.

Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Others in my family who are not allergic to citrus like I am like to drink hot water with the juice of 1 lemon squeezed into it (NOT the bottled lemon juice sold in the store). Can add a little honey to improve the flavor. They drink this mix anywhere from 2-6 times a day when they have a cold/cough/flu and it seems to help them with the congestion and sore throat and gunk in the airway.

One other thing I find helpful for my sinus congestion is Fenugreek - it is an herb that helps to thin out mucus so it is easier for the body to get rid of it. I know mucinex is supposed to help with this too, but sometimes the herbal version can work more effectively and without side-effects. But be sure to double-check with the pharmacist and doctors before trying Fenugreek.

I hope this helps...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

ska8ter,

As far as we know, he does not have asthma. He has had the breathing test, but by the pediatrician. Asthma is a specialty with him.

He has also tested negative for mycoplasma.

If it keeps up, we will have him re-tested. You never know what will come up.

Razzle, thanks for the cleaning tips.

--------------------

joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that they would put him on antibiotics for this. josh
Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an herbal formula which helped me to get rid of a 3-week-long bronchitis infection. I am not kidding or exaggerating, for me within two days, the symptoms were residual! I make no guarantee that everybody else will respond the same way, because we are all different. And I happen to typically be very quick/sensitive on the uptake to herbs and medications in general. However, this product also is very good.

GAIA Herbs Respiratory Defense (available at Whole FOods and other healthfood stores, or at www.iherb.com they usually ship very quickly)

Contains:

Osha, anti-viral herb targeted to chest/lungs
Grindelia, from which asthma medication was once made, dilates and relaxes bronchial airways
Lobelia, coleus forshkohlii also dilate airways

Additional anti-bacteria/anti-viral herbs.

If this is *not* an infection but instead is asthma, I would recommend:

For a child, Calm Breath by HerbPharm

GAIA Herbs Breathe Naturally is excellent but has green tea leaves which may set off childhood hyperactivity, due to caffeine in the leaves.
Thyme oil is anti-microbial and dilates airways, but may be somewhat irritating to mucous membranes (lining of organs, lungs, etc) so use it cautiously especially with a child.

Best wishes, CI

The above information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Drugs and herbs may interact, talk wtih your doctor.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

quote:
Originally posted by linky123:

Razzle, thanks for the cleaning tips.

You're welcome [Smile]

--------------------
-Razzle

linky123
Member # 19974

joshzz,

He can't take abx.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Thanks, will look into all of the above.

--------------------

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had his Immunoglobulin levels checked?
Totals and subclasses? ie IGG, IGM, IGA, IGE.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan, why is it important to get Immunoglobulin subclasses checked? i also have problems breating/throat/lung and my iga were higher than they should be. is this of any importance?
Posts: 226 | From earth | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had SEVERE asthma and chronic bronchitis for years. When I started tx with antiparasitic herbs, I got rid of both.

Lung worms and parasites can play a big part in Lyme disease. Do a search on here for parasites. Check out the symptoms of parasites by googling parasite symptoms. PLEASE don't ignore this.

I have had excellent results with Parastroy. If you decide to do these herbs, staying on them for at least 6 mos is suggested.

Hope this helps,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how old your son is, but how about using Olive Leaf Extract? It is a natural anti-bacterial,anti-viral, anti-fungal herb. The best one is the Seagate brand, which has the highest amount of oleuropeins and its processing does not use chemicals.

You could read more about it on www.seagateproducts.com or even call the company with your questions.

I am in no way affiliated with the product or company, nor do I benefit financially in any way from it. Just researching and trying to help my son.

Dr. Morton Walker writes about it in his book, 'Olive Leaf Extract". I got it on Amazon for about 80 cents. Very interesting reading!

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement