LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question for those who understand homeopathics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for those who understand homeopathics
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to a ND who recently found c-diff in my colon, liver, and small intestine throught her routine EDS screening.

She says the liver and small intestine are a D30 dilution, and the colon is a D18.

She also says, at these dilutions, the infection is not contagious. I just can't wrap my head around this concept. Everything you read about c-diff says contagious.

I have been treating it as contagious; it's a mild case, but am still scared to death.

Taking lots of probiotics and the herbals she gave me have brought it up to the present dilutions from a D8.

She said and D5 or D4 would be infectious. She tried explaining it to me, but I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain this so my feeble mind can understand. Thanks.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you, I'd be treating it as if it were contagious too! I do understand homeopathy, but I do not understand this EDS screener's reasoning on this.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't either. She's been doing this for twenty years, so should know. But I still feel the need to be careful.

She did say it probably wouldn't show up on a regular stool test, and it didn't, but I really wasn't all that comforted by that fact. There are too many mistakes made in those labs.

They miss so much.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of people carry C-Diff in their colon and will not have a problem or develop symptoms. They can just be carriers.

There are two forms...one is contagious (active) and the other is spore form. The spore form can live inside your gut and be non contagious until something disrupts the intestinal flora and you are no longer able to keep the C-diff in check.

It is then that it turns into the active, contagious form and you will have symptoms.

Sounds like your doing the right thing by taking the probiotics/herbs.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

philly,

It is my understanding that the spores form when they are attacked by something they don't like, abx, a disinfectant, and can live on surfaces for months. If ingested, say from touching a contaminated surface in a hospital room, then the person can contract the disease.

Are the spores in the gut different? Also, she says it is wearing on my immune system, so she is treating with homeopathics. Has she awakened a sleeping giant? It sounds like I would have become ill with it eventually, so I think it is the right thing to do.

Is what I am shedding in the bathroom contagious or not? Are these the spore-forming bacteria that stick to the surfaces, then transmit to others?

I have been trying my best to clean with clorox etc, but have MCS, and it's just about to kill me.

My anxiety level over this is through the roof. I don't know what I'll do if my kids catch it. They've been through enough. I never got this worked up over lyme; it's awful, but I think this is worse.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alternative to bleach that may kill the C-Diff:

Vinegar in a little water, put in a spray bottle and use for cleaning toilet seats, bathtubs, etc. Can also sprinkle a little baking soda before spraying with the vinegar if you need some kind of cleanser substitute.

There are other cleaners available in some health food stores that may also be useful...I've seen some made by 7th Generation, and there may be others. Be sure to check with the company to make sure they don't have fragrance added.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deerose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get how scary the prospect of c diff for your kids is.

For disinfecting I use vinegar sprayed followed by a spritz of hydrogen peroxide.

This combo is said to kill better than bleach.
I use it on my counter tops after cat jumps there or doing raw meat etc.

Do not premix. the reaction between them will happen and be no good. I keep them separate in dollar store spray bottles. Ready at hand.

it also I understand has to stay for ten minutes.
but its cheap and effective.
i just let it sit and dry that way.

and won't get to me like bleach does.

EDS perspective. I use EDS and homeopathics.
A friend who also does, she had a major staph infection in lymph system--hospitalized for it.
In fact the EDscreener sent her to hospital.

After treatment, blood tests finally came out as gone.
she was EDS tested and small amounts were still there but not symptomatic.

Dealing with it at that level has prevented a major recurrence though some minor ones were dealt with.

And it is gone now insofar as an EDS can detect it which is still way better than the blood test in her case.

Just to say it detects amounts below symptomatic levels.
Don't know if that can be equated with levels of contagiousness. Probably not the same measure.

--------------------
Not everything in life that can be counted counts and not every thing that counts can be counted...Albert Einstein

Posts: 208 | From Northeast | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

That's basically what the practitioner told me today is that they can detect things with EDS way before they become a real problem. She said it was, in fact below contagious levels. She said it will even pick up the immune system mounting a defense against a pathogen.

I will continue to be careful though, just for my own peace of mind and to protect the family. But I'm not near as freaked out as before.

She has found some other things as well, Epstein Barr, Strep, vaccine damage, which she addressed, among other things.

It made more sense the way she explained it, and I am glad to nip it now before it gets out of hand.

Thanks so much for the tip on cleaning the c diff. I was wondering how in world I was going to disinfect without suffocating!

--------------------

peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cleaning tip for you. . THieves oil by Young Living is really good for killing everything bad. I use it on all my counters because I hate bleach and I have a whole house water filter, so I can't count on chlorine in the water.
Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement