LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bee Sting Therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bee Sting Therapy
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried this for pain?

I was stung by a bee today on my nose and my nose has been completely numb all day. Prior to being stung, I had a lot of pain in my ears, neck, and spine (my usual lyme symptoms).

After I was stung, the pain subsided in my ears and neck (but my nose hurt from the sting...still hurts), but I felt so much better. I started cleaning the house, etc....just felt much better overall.

I read that Bee Sting therapy is used with a lot of MS patients. I have a lot of MS symptoms. And helps release endorphins (which could be why I felt so much better).

I am wondering when I will get sensation back in my nose, but if I could get a few bees to sting my upper spine and numb it, I would love it!! [Smile]

I am starting to think bees (raw honey, bee stings, and bee pollen (for the immune system)) might be really helpful for me!

Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEREN J WEED
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEREN J WEED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are one of those fortunate people that benefit from bee venom. You can order the venom in a tube and apply it each day.

They also sell live bees and you put it on an area that hurts the worst and let it sting you.

It has helped someone on this board, so maybe they will come along and give you more info.

I did the cream venom for a good period of time and got no relief in any way. Good luck with this!

--------------------
SEREN WEED

Posts: 116 | From LOS ANGELES | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my best understanding, the bee venom stimulates immune responses (in the healthily non-allergic person, this is not for people allergic to beestings!!) and therefore your body can get to work on the matters at hand. Particularly this is used in arthritis conditions. I have never heard of it for MS but you never know.

There are homeopathic apis remedies available fyi if you want to try that before trying the uncomfortable bee sting therapy.

That said I know of some people who have benefited from beesting therapy.

You can read about this in holistic health manuals. Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide probably has a lot of info, and so probably does the book Healthy Healing (both reference books in healthfood stores). YOu could also try a subject search here: www.healthy.net

FYI the book Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide has an excellent chapter about MS and also about biological (nontoxic) dentistry and how this interacts with auto-immunity. The book is 1200+ pages, I own the manual (found it in brand new condition, hard cover at the Friends of the Library store for $3, what luck!) It's in soft cover on Amazon's site for about $29, I was really surprised at the price.

I also have found the book Healthy Healing to be absolutely invaluable to own at home. To look up ailments in a one-page, quick-glance format at any time is a lifesaver (well not literally, but you know what I mean). Lots of info about nutrition, herbs, detox and juicing, herbs for kids, more.....

Best wishes, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the cream venom will not work. It has to be injected.

Would love to hear from someone who has benefited from this therapy.

My nose is still numb tonight! I wonder when I will get sensation back. It feels like I've gotten a big shot of novacaine on the tip of my nose. Same puffy, numb feeling.

I would love this for my spine as I have such nerve pain in my upper spine and I really don't like the nerve pain drugs.

Thanks CI, I will check out the above books.

Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard about it but don't have the nerve to try it. My husband has five hives and gets stung now and then. They are actually very docile little critters. I will ask him if he has less pain after getting stung.

I will stick with eating a little honey. There is also royal jelly and propolis.

"And lastly, studies in Japan and Bulgaria were able to confirm the anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and some anti-viral properties of bee propolis. For more information see Antioxidant activity of propolis of various geographic origins and Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activity of propolis of different geographic origin."

I should try it myself.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was still ill from lyme I bought some venex cream. I had a swollen lymph node just under my left ear. I would use a little dab of the cream on the node when ever it would swell. It was a great remedy for this. I also used it for tenditis in my elbow.

I no longer need the venex cream, but I found it helpful for targetting certain pain, such as joints and lymph nodes. I'm certain it penetrates the skin. It has certain proteins and enzymes which disable or destroy pathogens. The sting is putting more of those constituents into the affected area.

The following quote comes from the following link: http://tinyurl.com/5wvx35e

quote:
� Venex‐Forte (source: M. Simics): 1 ml contains the equivalent of 20 bee stings ‐ plus
homeopathic dilutions of bee venom ( helps to metabolize the venom in optimal ways,
prevents allergic reactions, minimizes side effects and increases healing response). This
is the only venom that we use because of its superiority . VeneX Forte contains these
homeopathic bee venom potencies/dilutions of 6X, 12X and 24X (D6, D12 and D24)

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heleneh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heleneh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying bee venom therapy. I have not been able to get up to the amount of stings I would like as of yet. I use green Brazalian propolis, royal jelly and bee pollen. I know it takes time and am patient. A good book to read is Bee Well.
Posts: 140 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was treated by Dr. K. with neural therapy and bee venom many times. Research of melittin destroying spiros is available, and it works.
Pharma wanted to grind bees up, but thankfully it did not work. Bee venom cannot be patented!

I still use Venex for certain types of hurts, bumps, etc. It's always in my medicine cabinet.

Make sure you have an epipen available in case of allergy.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement