LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone have symptoms that rarely change or move around?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone have symptoms that rarely change or move around?
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In these last three years of treatment I have a few nagging things that never change! The biggest is my upper back pain and left arm. It is always there, sometimes worse than others....but never really goes away! I hate it.

The other is my right foot hurts a lot, off and on. I do get sore soles through out the day but the biggest issue is the right foot that bothers me at times.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bridge
Member # 30896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
consider yourself lucky, I get symptoms (sometimes scary ones) throughout the DAY..

for instance, today in the a.m. I was very spacey and dizzy, and my throat felt tight..

now i'm not so dizzy, and am feeling chest discomfort upon doing things...

who knows what'll happen tonite..

i hope you find relief, but at least you have some predictablity to your day!! i can see how the same thing over and over would be annoying too though!

your post caught my eye b/c i saw symptoms that change and move around...then i saw the "rarely" part afterwards!

best of luck to you! and maybe some others here can shed some light on this.

Posts: 82 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be an anomoly

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have symptoms come and go all the time. One thing that never changes is eyesight issues and ringing in the ears. I think its permanent damage.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had constant back pain and headaches for years now. It never really went away. Now that I've been diagnosed with lyme, I think it is related to that. Both symptoms are still there, although the headaches have lessened. I attribute that to the chiropractor that I'm seeing though.

My back pain has still not went away, but I've only been on abx a little over a month. It does get really bad at times, but usually the pain is tolerable. I see my chiro twice a week....on Wed and Fri. My back pain is always at its worst on Mondays until Wed when I go back to the office to get adjusted.

I also get laser treatments to help with the pain. I'm hoping that the treatment for lyme, along with the chiro adjustments and laser treatments helps.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one symptom that never let up and was moderate to severe pain for 11 months was my neck pain.

Ever since I switched to Bicillin injections (which was just a few weeks ago), my neck has totally improved, still hurts here and there but nothing to the degree I was dealing with on a daily basis.

My other symptoms like to play surprise attack on me and I just have no idea what to expect day or night.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richie...I've been treating for a year and have reached a plateau at 95%. What few symptoms are left are pretty constant. Namely:

My Left foot hurts. Usually the toe joints and the ball of the foot.

I have tiny muscle twitches in my arms and legs..mainly in my calves

I have tinnitus.

I believe these are Bart and have just started A-Bart.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have almost exactly what you're talking about except add in debilitating fatigue and insomnia. My symptoms rarely change unless I take a treatment to suppress the symptoms and sometimes I can suppress them mildly. Fatigue is improved by antibiotics, muscle aches and pain are improved by MSM and Ultram, and Sleep is slightly improved by Ativan.

None of these improvements however are enough to let me function. I'm still disabled by them.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiredmom21
Member # 28479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiredmom21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not necessarily an anomoly. My symptoms of neck/back pain, headache, insomnia, fatigue, neuropathy have not really changed at all.

This in spite of 8 months of combinations of abx including 4 months of iv roc. It is making me second guess my LLMD and the whole diagnosis.

Posts: 47 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in - mainly neck pain (only left side ), aches in hips, neuropathy in legs and feet - always there in varying degrees.
Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikjh1972
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erikjh1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too. neck pain, mostly left side. past three years, some days its barely there other days its a pain in the azz.

--------------------
3 months Doxy
8 months of Tetra
7 months of Biaxin/Plaq.
4 months Doxy/Biaxin/Plaq.
5 months Biaxin/Plaq.
Back on Doxy/Biax/Plaq
On the road to recovery.
Trying to make people Lyme Aware.......

Posts: 289 | From R.I. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

laser treatments for pain??? Do you have info???

I just get sick of my pain never moving! It is always my mid back and left arm! The right foot can hurt bad but many times it feels fine. It all comes back to my left arm. [Frown]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

deerose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
into fourth year and the symptom that has not gone below a certain point so far is the numbness and "parasthesia"

It may be bartonella

from the waist down...once the actual paralysis went, it varies a little in intensity but so far not gone once.

However, rather that than some of the pain folks suffer.
Before the numbness set in, I tasted the pain. Over the top.
My heart goes out to all in suffering.

Everything else either comes and goes or has gone

--------------------
Not everything in life that can be counted counts and not every thing that counts can be counted...Albert Einstein

Posts: 208 | From Northeast | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Why is it always my left arm that is the worst!
I am getting another cervical MRI to see if anything is causing it. Another $100!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bcb i have your symptoms but no tinitus.

I have tiny muscle twitches in my arms and legs.
Burning of ball of the foot and fingers.
Mosquito bite filling and need to scratch after that.

Only time when I,m allways symptom free is when on Jim exercising.

Use to have most of the days no symptoms but now starting from January have them everyday.

Every therapy in the world it helps but does not cure me ,labs negative for all coinfections thru IGENEX by western blot and Fish.

The hardest thing is not knowing what infection we have for sure .

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should check for CCSVI too... I do not think abx can address blood flow issues...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

CCSVI??? Why would it only be one body part?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement