LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » feeling like a different person after amalgam removal!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeling like a different person after amalgam removal!!
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to post! I had my amalgams removed on April 29th and I have been feeling so clear headed that I am realizing that it has to be due to having my fillings removed.

Over the past few months I would feel like an elderly person while driving--reflexes and brain not working well together, having to be super focused especially at night.

Last night I drove home at 11pm at night and felt so incredibly clear. It just hit me in the moment that in the last week or so I am so much more on top of things. I have read that many people who have their fillings remove feel so much better in less than 2 weeks.

I want to thank momlyme (Heather) and Chiquita Incognita who really helped me make the decision to move forward when other people around me questioned whether it was necessary (even myself...I almost canceled the appt).

I am hoping I can continue in this direction and even though I still have to work on candida and heavy metals my fatigue is almost non existent. I am feeling really good lately!

Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree...I have had almost all of mine removed/replaced...I have one more to go and I wil be mercury free! Its amazing, isn't it? [Smile]
Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is GREAT news! I hope your progress continues and brings you all the way to full recovery!!!!

Don't forget binders. I've been taking chlorella 3 times per day (15 tables, 23-30 minutes before meals).

BEST to you!

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want all of mine out but I have like 16!

Last month I had one tiny tiny tiny one replaced and I landed in the ER.

I binded, but I was also running fevers and had some kind of infection active (acute) a week and a half before hand.

Now I'm scared to get any more out.

I am happy for you though! Congrats!

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so want to have mine removed, but my trigeminal nerve has been flared up for months, so afraid to do any dental work.

So glad you are feeling better, that is very encouraging!

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had all mine out in 1991 and went into remission until a new tickbite 9 years ago. Makes a huge difference. I had an amalgam in about every molar, so I had a bunch .... it did make me feel bad ..... supps helped though.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have so many feeling I think they would have to put me out to do that much work. I also have two crowns and one root canal.

When I went to the dentist last time he said one of my cavities was so big he could not use a composite because it would fall out. That very night it was on the news that they are now advising warning about the mercury in amalgams.

Maybe one day I will get this done too.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some bad news for those such as I who might wnt to be out for the procedure, most biological dentists want you conscious to spit and rinse. Maybe they could get you close to the edge?
Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine out and went into a two year remission. It makes a difference.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some dentists do conscious sedation like what's used for colonoscopies.

Valium works great, too.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
six- I assume you are referring to verced which I had last year for an esophegeal exam. That is an interesting drug since you can't really remember what happens to you even though you are somewhat conscious, but for the most part I think it is effective sedation. The creepy part is you would not remember if you had a bad time
Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want mine removed but I don't think I am ready yet...I still

am not 100 % in the effective elimination department yet...I can't

seem to tolerate chlorella very well either...why might that be I

wonder ? I don't want to have all that mercury floating around and

being re- absorbed...so until I feel my intestinal tract is

functioning better...I'll wait...but I am very inspired by the

immediate response of feeling better...Fyrecracker I'm so sorry

you had such a horrible time of it...perhaps you need as I do to "

tighten up the gut " ( as CI likes to refer to it ) before considering

any more removals...they leak constantly ...that can't be a good

thing...but having a well-trained dentist is key in removal too I

think...otherwise...more mercury is released in the removal...

special ventilation in the room is required to protect both patient

and doc and assistants from mercury exposure...so I would

choose the dentist carefully...can't wait till I am ready...would

love that to be the final turning point !

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am reading a book Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease by Burton Goldberg and Larry Trivieri that I got through the lib when trying to find Lyme resources.

In the section about amalgams they have a couple of quotes:

Mercury amalgams are as close as you can get o the center of the illness universe: their use in dentistry has set us up for most of the health problems we see today. --Bruce Shelton

As soon as anybody has any type of medical illness or symptom, whether medical or emotional, the amalgam fillings should be removed and the mercury residues should be eliminated from the body, especially the brain. Dietrich Klinghardt

Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

I have spent so much money as all of you have on supplements, copays, tests, etc and the best money I have spent so far is having my amalgams removed.

I only had 4 and my teeth are in good shape so it took just an hour to have it done.

I am so incredibly happy that I did this on a whim even though I really was torn on whether it would make any difference. Definitely worth it!!

mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Karensky- Just want to say I have always appreciated your comments on leaky gut and the like, but I have not always had anything to add. Yes I think we are in a similar boat in trying to get ourselves better prepared for chelation therapy.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by mattnapa:
six- I assume you are referring to verced which I had last year for an esophegeal exam. That is an interesting drug since you can't really remember what happens to you even though you are somewhat conscious, but for the most part I think it is effective sedation. The creepy part is you would not remember if you had a bad time

I don't know. When my husband had a colonoscopy, it was three drugs. Some dentists advertise they use conscious sedation, but I've never looked into it. I'm pretty relaxed at the dentist office, so don't need it myself. But yeah, it would be creepy, in the same way the colonoscopy was.

--------------------

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sooooo thrilled!!! to read that you feel so much better already, Anna! Yay! Thank you for telling us and inspiring us all!

Fyrecracker, it is critically important to have someone take them out who is specially trained in safety procedures. Mercury is considered the most toxic substance on the planet except for two radioactive isotopes which are worse, according to Hal Huggins DDS MS who says that this is universally agreed on by toxicologists at large. If the filling was not removed in a safe way, then you may have had mercury re-exposure and suffered symptoms accordingly. HEre is where you can find a dentist with as protective a protocol as exists: www.drhuggins.com

Karensky, WISE WISE choices here!! To wait until the gut lining heals. KUDDOS! OTherwise yes if there is leaky gut syndrome, or detox compromise, or bowel movement stagnation, then there will be retoxification on removal of the fillings. Dr Mark Hyman has written that fecal material can cling to the gut lining and contain metals, thereby causing re-absorption of metals from the gut. Get all these things in good working order and we are much safer, according to every source I have read. BRAVA!!!

Anna, Dr Huggins (has done 35 years of research, has a database of 65,000 patients world wide and the various malaises they recovered from after amalgam removal, does clinical trials and tests etc) has written that mercury can be stored in the brain and bones for decades if not properly detoxified after removal of fillings.

I listened to the well-meant advice of someone on my medical team, who (out of concern for the fact that heavy metal cleansing can be hazardous) said it's not wise to cleanse metals without testing for them first. I never did the test and it just didnt' get done. Stupid choice. I have heard through the grapevine that spirochetes cling to mercury (don't have links or sources sorry) and to cleanse it would seem really important. Something to talk to your doc about.

No, no no! Never do this with leaky gut syndrome present! I suggest everybody read the booklet Leaky Gut Syndrome by Elizabeth Lipski CCN MS it costs about $6 and will shed the light of information that can empower many wise health choices and good questions to ask our doctors, and basically alter quality of life! (If you have leaky gut). Even if you don't have the disorder it is a very empowering read, again you will understand a lot about digestive and immune physiology by reading this short but excellent booklet. Your medical choices will change after reading it. My strong recommendation!

Best wishes to everybody, CI ps and thanks everybody for all your support. Anna we are on your team rejoicing with you, ra ra ra!! YAY!!! Thanks for sharing this joyous news with us!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmsfnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read his site. Scared the heck out of me to even consider getting it done! Is there a way to find a local dentist who knows how to do the removal other then just drilling them out?
Posts: 239 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bbinme?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bbinme?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so how much does this cost?
Posts: 163 | From maine | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hello friends
I don't work for Hal Huggins or have any other special interests. I can say having had his protocol done myself back when I was chemically sensitive, I had zero toxin reactions whatsoever and that is an utter miracle.

Further, someone on this forum called me after getting her fillings taken out by a local dentist, and she was having all kinds of symptoms which to me (I am only a layperson, not a doctor) sounded like auto-immune attack resulting from mercury exposure. This same person had shown me her local dentist's protocol which looked pretty protective but which had one or two holes in it which I pointed out. She understandably elected to go local and guess what. The health impacts....I don't know how long they lasted and only this person is free to disclose.

I personally am of the firm belief that the Huggins method is more protective than any other I have seen. And I think for health it's worth it .

I am happy to PM the name and contact info of the very, very sweet and good dentist who did this for me. He himself recovered from Lou Gherig's Disease after Huggins himself removed his amalgams. amazing!

I can also tell anybody by pm how I got grant money to get this done.

Best wishes, CI

Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want this done SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly, but am just too sick to sit through the procedure.

Not to mention, it concerns me that a dentist doing it wouldn't be considerate/compassionate enough to accomodate my being so sick.

I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. I know I need it done to help me get better, yet I'm too sick to do it so I stay sick.

I just know an old root canal I had is contributing to all this illness.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm, i have just 2 amalgam plombs.. i dont think they are making me sick, i had them for 10 years?! .. i would believe amalgam is an issue for me.. but only if i had 4+ fillings
Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samsy
Member # 6518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having mine removed tomorrow!! Can't wait! My Lyme symptoms have improved over the years but the brain stuff has persisted. Everyone I talked to that has had it done reported brain improvement.
Posts: 20 | From Maryland | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Hello again! Thank you Chiquita!! You have been so helpful!! I meet w/ the naturopath dr. on Fri and going to come up w/ a plan. I did the IV chelation test (tested high for mercury and high but not as high for lead). That is why I proceeded w/ amalgam removal.

The dentist I went to knows Dr. H and has had lyme himself. He and his staff are very nice.

I had a regular dentist appt today and my dentist said the other dentist did a good job w/ the fillings.

I honestly did not expect any sort of improvement from the amalgam removal. I thought I wouldn't experience anything until after I started chelation.

I only made the connection after feeling more clear while driving. I mentioned it to my LLNP who said 2 weeks after she had her amalgams removed she felt tremendous improvement. I then happened to read more about how many people experience such immediate improvement and I had to post abut it!

I still have work to do but feeling pretty good these days.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hambone - you can do this! I understand how you feel. It is a big deal. I know. But maybe start with a consult appt. Just that one step, so you will feel like you are starting to move in the right direction. I don't know if Chaps is nearby, but maybe see who he went to. I know he met with several before making a decision. You can do this! I'm rooting for you!! [Smile]

samsy - good luck! That's great! Don't forget to take lots of binders. Super important. I take chlorella 3 times per day (15 tablets, 20-30 minutes before meals). Best to you!

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hambone, do you know as said, I went to a Huggins-trained dentist when I had environmental illness and had absolutely ZERO symptoms thereafter. ZERO. I had even flown out of state to do it...still no symptoms. The root canal tooth that they pulled, didn't even necessitate aspirin afterward, let alone pain medication. Incredible!

Huggins and his dentists who he has trained are very familiar with chemical sensitivities and severe illness. I wouldn't hesitate if you think you are ready to do this.

Got your body prep'd?

That's critically important.

Best, CI ps the Huggins protocol does a far shot more than just drilling the fillings out, good lord. IV vitamin C, rubber dam, air ionizer to bind with mercury particles in the air so you don't breathe them in, conscious sedation (I did fine with that even with MCS which normally would give me MS like symptoms), acupressure massage, and more....

Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Tammy and CI.

What kind of anesthetic did you guys use to numb? I can't do epi at all.

My sister is a hygeinist. She currently isn't working and is taking a sabatical ( which is great for me because she lugs me to my doctor's appointments so my hubby doesn't have to take off work ).

She is going to talk to a dentist friend of hers and explain my situation, and see if she is willing to take extra measures with me in removing them, and if she would do it after hours since I tend to feel a little better in the evenings/night. Any little thing to make it easier on me.

We'll see.

If anybody knows of a good dentist for this in Northeast Florida, please let me know. I know it seems a little ridiculous, but I REALLY need somebody who is gentle and understanding. I'm in no shape for anybody who's gruff and short tempered with sensitive people.

Before I got sick, I LOVED going to the dentist, believe it or not. I found it relaxing. Now it's like standing before a firing squad.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

I am sooooo sorry for asking all these questions.......

but, root canals. Do you just get those pulled?

I read that the Lyme bacteria loves the mouth and teeth and that when people get teeth pulled, there can be problems with the jaw healing where the tooth was.

Do you pull the root canals out or leave them be ( I only have one root canal )?

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Hambone
I was given conscious sedation... even chemically sensitive patients do well with it, apparently.

As for root canals, see teh book Root Canal Coverup by George E Meinig, DDS and see what you think.

In four words:

You won't believe it.

I had mine taken out and would only recommend the same. PM me and I will tell you why.

The dentist I saw in TX was a *sweetheart* send me a PM and I will give you info.

Best wishes, CI

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Although it's necessary at times.....Word of caution on having teeth pulled.....

Dr. K says to be careful if you have the major zinc deficiency associated with KPU, because it tends to cause bone loss in the jaw and is a concern for extractions.

I read this is my old notes AFTER I had my wisdom tooth pulled recently. I had no choice while I was in the dentists chair. The decay under the amalgam had gone all the way to the root, so at the end of my visit, it had to be pulled. It came out easily. Never really had pain. But I still feel minor discomfort in the area, and now will have to check for future cavitation, since there is a chance that my bone is note growing in the way it should. I want to be checked thoroughly for cavitations anyway.

I wish I knew to supplement zinc a bit longer before jumping into my dental work.

jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: I have amalgam fillings, but I believe that they are silver ones, not the mercury ones. For all you folks who are advocating for the removal of amalgam fillings, would this include silver amalgams too, in your researched opinions?

Thank you, and God bless everyone on here. :-)

-jedidano

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read on the Internet and from what I have heard, silver amalgams are 50% mercury.

No filling is 100% mercury since mercury is a liquid at room temperature.

So, they are talking about metal fillings here.

Here is a quote from an FDA website:

"Dental amalgam is a mixture of metals, consisting of liquid mercury and a powdered alloy composed of silver, tin, and copper. Approximately 50% of dental amalgam is elemental mercury by weight.

Dental amalgam fillings are also known as �silver fillings� because of their silver-like appearance."

http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/dentalproducts/dentalamalgam/ucm171094.htm

This site says that these fillings are fine. So, I think you can trust it when it says that silver fillings are 50% mercury.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TF:

http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/dentalproducts/dentalamalgam/ucm171094.htm

This site says that these fillings are fine. So, I think you can trust it when it says that silver fillings are 50% mercury.

[confused]

I would not trust the fda on any health subject.

The fda has a financial interest in saying dental amalgams are safe.

Silver fillings are 50% mercury and will leak mercury vapors for as long as they are in your mouth.

I got mine out and I am happy I did it. One less toxin to worry about.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, I just want to make it clear that I don't think the silver fillings are fine.

My statement that you quoted is simply saying that the FDA says silver fillings are 50% mercury. I am telling the poster that since the FDA says the fillings are fine, I think she can trust their statement that the fillings are 50% mercury. The site is not a site adverse to metal fillings which might cause them to want to overstate the amount of mercury in the silver fillings.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

I do NOT think it is fine to have mercury in a person's mouth.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF - I did not think you would say they are fine... that's why I was confused. lol

Yes, the FDA is being truthful when they say "silver" fillings are 50% mercury... don't believe for a second what they say about them not being harmful.

Here is a quote from a paper on Mercury Toxicity:

"The ADA obtained a patent on the amalgam and still holds that patent today on the currently used amalgams. The FDA has never evaluated the safety of amalgams, leaving that to the ADA. The ADA prohibits dentists from advising anyone that amalgams may be harmful to their health and a dentist who suggested removing mercury amalgams for health reasons could risk his ADA license."

taken from: http://www.stocktonfp.com/Articles/MERCURYTOXICITY.pdf

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Also, the FDA held a hearing on amalgams in 2010. A consumer activist, who attended the 2010 FDA hearings on amalgam safety, videotaped the event and has uploaded many important presentations from the hearings to the youtube channel, mercurymatters. The videos include consumer safety organizations, scientists, mercury free dentists, injured consumers and dental staff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mercurymatters

--------------------
May health be with you!

TF
Member # 14183

Yes, if they close down an entire high school if a little bit of mercury is found anywhere in it, then how can mercury in our mouths of all places be just fine!
Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think, guys, root canals are more dangerous than just plain amalgams or not?
Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with lyme who question the usefulness of having amalgams removed.

Clin Exp Immunol. 2007 Aug 2;

Mercury exposure as a model for deviation of cytokine responses in experimental Lyme arthritis: HgCl(2) treatment decreases T helper cell type 1-like responses and arthritis severity but delays eradication of Borrelia burgdorferi in C3H/HeN mice.

Ekerfelt C, Andersson M, Olausson A, Bergstr�m S, Hultman P.

Division of Clinical Immunology, and Unit of Autoimmunity and Immune Regulation, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Link�ping, Sweden.

Lyme borreliosis is a complex infection, where some individuals develop so-called 'chronic borreliosis'. The pathogenetic mechanisms are unknown, but the type of immune response is probably important for healing. A strong T helper cell type 1 (Th1)-like response has been suggested as crucial for eradication of Borrelia and for avoiding development of chronic disease.

Many studies aimed at altering the Th1/Th2 balance in Lyme arthritis employed mice deficient in cytokine genes, but the outcome has not been clear-cut, due possibly to the high redundancy of cytokines.

This study aimed at studying the importance of the Th1/Th2 balance in murine Borrelia arthritis by using the Th2-deviating effect of subtoxic doses of inorganic mercury. Ninety-eight C3H/HeN mice were divided into four groups: Borrelia-infected (Bb), Borrelia-infected exposed to HgCl(2) (BbHg), controls exposed to HgCl(2) alone and normal controls. Mice were killed on days 3, 16, 44 and 65 post-Borrelia inoculation.

Arthritis severity was evaluated by histology, spirochaetal load determined by Borrelia culture, IgG2a- and IgE-levels analysed by enzyme-linked immunosorbemt assay (ELISA) and cytokine-secreting cells detected by enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT).

BbHg mice showed less severe histological arthritis, but delayed eradication of spirochaetes compared to Bb mice, associated with increased levels of IgE (Th2-induced) and decreased levels of IgG2a (Th1-induced), consistent with a Th2-deviation. Both the numbers of Th1 and Th2 cytokine-secreting cells were reduced in BbHg mice, possibly explained by the fact that numbers of cytokine-secreting cells do not correlate with cytokine concentration.

In conclusion, this study supports the hypothesis that a Th1-like response is required for optimal eradication of Borrelia.

PMID: 17672870 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

-------------------------------------------------
ME AGAIN

Dr. S goes into detail about lyme and the immune system regarding Th1/Th2 in his book "The Lyme Disease Solution"

According to the book, lyme, chronic viral infections (like Epstein-Barr virus), mercury overload, parasitic infections and chronic allergies all lead to a Th2 dominant state.

The Th1 system continues to try to attack lyme but unsuccessfully. This can be caused by several things but one that he lists is co-infections of babs and bart.

He believes that the result is that the Th1 system loses it's ability to distinguish infected tissue from "self tissue". This leads to autoimmunity and chronic inflammation.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Heavy-Metal-Detoxification/

This convinced me to have mine removed. Gross!

Hambone, I am not far from you and am going to a wonderful local dentist who suggested I have mine removed. He is not a "biological, holistic, dentist", but he did tell me how he does it which assurred me.

I have my first one tomorrow and then will do the other 4 shortly after. PM me is you want my experience.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lada
Member # 32618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if you have just a few and you're mercury testing was negative?? Just leave the fillings?
Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

lada - What kind of testing did you do?

Mercury likes to hide out in the fatty organs like the brain and the liver. It is not easily found in the blood out the urine.

We did hair tests through doctors data... even if the mercury is not high on those, if the essential minerals are lacking you could still have heavy metal issues and not be releasing them.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely support those who choose to have their amalgams removed..whatever makes you feel better!!

Since we're chiming in with our personal experiences, I had all of my amalgams removed by a highly-skilled dentist who did a wonderful job with the removal. While it did not improve my health or have any impact on brain fog, I just feel like my mouth is cleaner and looks better....So, even though it didn't improve my health, I don't regret it...

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the best replacement for amalgams? I have read about "ceramic inlays" . The white fotocomposite is toxic too as it contains aluminium. However is is unclear to me if those inlays can be easily removed when the dent or filler is damaged.
Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply removing the fillings is only a small step.
Much of the mercury started to escape from the fillings from day of installation; that mercury as a rule heads straight for the brain and is there within few hours of filling placement. It also blocks the hormone producing glands (thyroid, etc.)

The major work, however, after removal of the actual fillings, is to detox the various body compartments, brain, etc. and that can take several years. It needs to be done in a certain order, gut issues first, brain after that.

It is important to find an experienced practitioner. It is not a do-it-yourself job.

KPU/HPU plays the most important role in detox. So you need to learn about that and correct the KPU caused deficiency. Check out some of the posts on the subject.

Detoxing only works if you have good a essential mineral base to work it. If you find that KPU is a problem as it is for some 70% of Lyme people,
major minerals are lacking to detox anything.
See other threads on the subject.

If you are allergic to toxic metals, detoxing is also hampered. Check Allergie Immun threads.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amalgams crack teeth because they expand and contract easily.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

every amalgam I have ever had has given me trouble and all the trouble started a few years after my first tick bite.

I will be getting a tooth pulled in a few weeks. The dentist is a natural dentist, he doesn't do root canals. The tooth is completely infected and has a large amalgam filling.

Could someone give me some pointers on what I can do before removal? I understand that this could be disastrous in terms of a backslide.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose it just depends on how each of us handles these procedures. I have had a couple teeth pulled in the past couple years and done ok afterwards - just the normal healing process.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeboy, I expect your dentist will be taking the right precautions, such as rubber dam, breathing tube fitted so that you breathe air from another part of the room etc [you can easily find a list].

I was also told to chew 2 charcoal tablets 20 minutes before the removal.

As your dentist is pulling the whole tooth rather than extracting the amalgam, I should have thought the risk is smaller.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeboy, with an extraction it might be a good idea to do some oil pulling on the weeks/days before the extraction. This pulls some mercury out of the surrounding tissue.

What I did when I had my amalgams removed is posted below, but for an extraction it doesn't make sense to do the chlorella/charcoal powder in the mouth because it's not going to be drilled and spewed about the mouth. But you can do the liposomal Vitamin C to get any mercury that gets released into the blood from the extraction site being shaken up.

Here's what I did when I had my fillings removed:

First, avoid taking vitamin C past noon on the day before the procedure. Vitamin C causes counteracts the anisthetic and also causes it to wear off faster.

I crushed a bunch of chlorella tablets and mixed this with activated charcoal (emptied the capsules) to make a fine powder.

Right before the procedure, I went into the dentist's bathroom and put a couple of spoonfuls of this powder in my mouth and coated my mouth and throat with it. I didn't rinse it out. This helps to sop up any mercury that gets past the dam (and it will get past the dam, they cut a hole in it to put the suction through.

After the rubber dam was installed, my dentist rinsed away the stuff on the tooth to be treated. You shouldn't have to explain to the dentist why you did this, but if he gripes, tell him you don't want to rinse your mouth. Ask him to rinse away what he needs to after the dam is installed.

Immediately after the procedure, I swished more chlorella/charcoal powder around the mouth, then rinsed it out. Then I took a few charcoal capsules and about 6 chlorella tablets, but here's an important addition: 3 tablespoons of liposomal vitamin C. This is the equivalent of 18 grams of I.V. vitamin C and WAAAAAY less expensive. I repeat this for the next two days.

This is actually BETTER than getting an IV of vitamin C, because when you do that, you get 50 grams in one shot (which is not good for your veins). They give you this much hoping that at least 18 grams will remain in your system for the next 2 days.

I think it's a lot better to give yourself 18 grams each day for the three days with the liposomal.

The purpose of getting the vitamin C into the bloodstream is that it gets rid of the mercury in the blood.

And by the way, the liposomal will also kill borrelia in the blood. You will get a mild herx from it, that mild headache in the back of the neck that happens when you kill Lyme.

After those three days, I felt pretty good.

The last thing I did was oil pulling a couple of times daily. This pulls the mercury out of the tissues in the mouth. It involves putting some sunflower or sesame oil in the mouth and swishing it around for 20 minutes, then spitting it out in to the sink drain. Don't do this for a few weeks after an extraction, though. You don't want to pull that clot out of the socket. Let it heal over first.

I continued to take chlorella and other binders for a while after the procedure. I had 4 amalgam removal sessions and did this each time. I think the procedures I described helped an awful lot.

I hope this helps.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Chaps,

Were you tested for mercury issues BEFORE you had your amalgams removed, or did you just decide to have them taken out anyway?

Have you noticed a difference with your health after having them out?

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can kick myself. My dentist suggested I remove my amalgams 15 years ago (said it would look better). He wore no protection, neither did I. Then the teeth he filled (composites) hurt when I chewed, so he offered to remove the composites and put the amalgams back in. I agreed. I was just happy that I could chew again. Back then people weren't as afraid of amalgams as they are now.

So after getting my doctors data results, I now realize that that's when I must have gotten all this metal. My lead his close to high, & merc right behind it. I feel like an idiot.

I also had high gadolinium and thallium (doc thinks this is from mri).

I'm concerned that if I do this again that I will get a ton of metal dumped in me again, enough to put me over the top (extremely high). Plus, all 10 of my fillings have been done twice and are big.

I'm just not sure what to do.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked at my test again. My lead IS high 5.9, merc is 3.6, and gad is 1.8.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement