LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For those in remission or "cured"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those in remission or "cured"
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmsfnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been left with any residual symptoms specifically mood type issues. For me I feel as close to normal as ever and did last time I stopped abx. My symptoms have never really been physical just mental. For me it's almost a constant fight to control anxiety. It's been much easier to control than prior to treatment but I still have to consciously manage it. So I am wondering if this symptom has completely disappeared for some or could it be a permanent change that needs to be addressed beyond Lyme and Co treatment.
Posts: 239 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of lyme anxiety when I got rid of my diseases.

I am the exact same person I was before lyme disease. No more anxiety. I had undiagnosed lyme disease (and coinfections) for at least 10 years.

But, other things could be going on in your life that could be the new cause of this anxiety. For example, for women, anxiety can come as a result of menopause. This is just an example.

I would not think that lyme, after it is gone, would leave permanent anxiety. In all of my years of reading about this disease, I have never read such a thing.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think bart causes anxiety. Have you been treated or tested for bart?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no residual symptoms. It took a while to heal my gut after treatment, but that's no surprise after the damage Lyme, parasites, and abx did to it. It also took me a while to rebuild my musculature after so much muscle wasting. I had healing to do, but all the symptoms had to do with damage that needed repairing, and at this point, all are gone.

Bart can cause anxiety. So can KPU (a specific vitamin/mineral deficiency due to Lyme).

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to look into treating for parasites if you've never done so. Anxiety is on the symptoms list for parasites and can be one of the co-infections of Lyme.

Maybe doing some antiparasitic herbs will help get rid of it. Do a search on here for parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had anxiety issues pre-Lyme so I can't say...plus I don't believe I am *cured* per se, only because I have had Lyme for so long...I do believe I am in remission so...

Lingering symptoms...nothing mental. I no longer have headaches, brain fog, memory issues, etc. No Lyme rage. I have some lingering joint issues, because I think once that damage is done, you are stuck with it. [Frown]

I agree with the parasite thought...or perhaps Candida?

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmsfnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
treating Bart now with Zith only and will add tindamax to the regimine soon. Am allergic to quinolones. Am taking herbs that cover Bart as well (Resveratrol).
Posts: 239 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience, anxiety = bart.

I am still treating, but the terrible anxiety I had before I was diagnosed is now gone.

I just started treating Bart again with Factive and A-Bart. The A-Bart is really helping I believe.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

I am a Beyond Balance distibutor and will try Bar-1 eventually.
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is A-Bart?
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

An herbal tincture. Bar-1 is another milder formula.
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here try Bar-1?
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your brain chemistry gets all messed up with lyme, and you need to treat it.

Along with lyme, I started having mood and anxiety issues. I am now treating them and it is beginning to help.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme causes magnesium deficiency. And magnesium deficiency causes anxiety (and a whole host of other issues). And it will not go away until it is addressed properly, with IV and IM therapy.

This link has a goof explanation on the math, and why it takes so long to fix, and why orals don't have much effect.

http://www.neurosis.aquahobby.eu/magnesium_deficiency.html

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more anxiety, I'm even calmer than before lyme because of intense metal detox. I can sleep deeper too, because infections are all gone, and I corrected the EMR problem on my bedroom.

Lyme made my EMR sensitivity roar, but even without lyme, I can see I'm still a bit sensitive. I can't tolerate sleeping in poluted environments (EMR) and that will make me wake up feeling I didn't sleep enough, or I didn't sleep deep enough, or I had nightmares.

When the EMR problem is solved, I feel pulled down my to the ground (when we lay on a sandy beach, we feel that heaviness and peace, if we have NO infection / herxes /heavy metal / psych problems).

That pulling down, heaviness, makes me sleep like a baby. Next day, I feel recharged.

When I had lyme, it was a terrible damage to sleep on EMR dirty environment. Terrible. I don't believe anyone can heal totally if they don't correct that problem. According to dr. K., EMR exposure during sleep is worse than the whole problem of heavy metal intoxication.

for me, anxiety was caused by:
- infections in general (even viral infections)
- herxes (elevated my blood pressure)
- babesia and other infections caused me night terrors, my anxiety was sky rocketing
- loose heavy metals are extreme
- lack of deep sleep due to EMRs

For me, no lyme, no big infection, no heavy metal treatment, good sleep on a protected place, little contact with computers or other electrical devices in a day specially the 4 hours before bedtime, good barefoot walking, not ingesting anything that excites (like coffee, strong tea after 12PM or so), no allergy food (it takes my energy off) means absolutely no anxiety.

If you ground yourself ON top of EMR protection while you sleep, you get the best sleep you'll ever experience! It's the best to be relaxed next day!

People with memory issues, I suspect it could be still lyme? I'm getting older, but my memory is as good as before lyme!

Good luck to find a solution!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x9w5a34
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x9w5a34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a test that can be done to tell for sure whether you have bart or not?
Igenex seems to have about 3 different tests for bart.

I never used to have anxiety before but some anxiety seems to have started to creep up on me of late.

Posts: 100 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in remission from Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella with no residual symptoms. Today, I lead a full and active life once again.
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Wow, Dolphin Lady. That's good to hear. How did you do it?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing great after 4 years of treatment. That ended 7 yrs ago.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
x9w5a:

for testing bartonella: energetic tests! I mean that!!!

--------
Lymetoo: are you off Rifing too? If yes, wonderful!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeandfaith
Member # 19884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeandfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheryl Sue, I started Bar-1 a couple of weeks ago and I feel it is helping me. My anxiety is lessened and my thinking is somewhat clearer. It took a couple of weeks to feel anything though. I am ramping up fairly slowly on it.

--------------------
Shelly

Posts: 73 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue,

In a nutshell, I took an integrative approach which included abx, various supportive therapies and adopting healthier lifestyle habits.

I also had to exercise lots of patience (not easy for me) and discipline.

Wishing you good health soon!

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement