LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lesions gone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lesions gone?
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone gotten rid of their lesions. Antibiotics, herbal, both? With what treatment? What about irregular eegs before and after? In remission? Better. Has it been back?Thanks.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pm sent
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder the same... although I have a feeling my lesions are still there b/c I have a lot of Neurological stuff going on still. But I have no intention of doing any more MRIs any time soon. So I guess I won't know either way. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to get another MRI in a year to check. I am pretty curious about it myself. I know peoplehere have said they went away. I currently take high doses of Niacinamide daily, which is said to heal damaged brain tissue. There are other supplements you can take that help heal the brain
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we talking about skin lesions or brain?
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is up, i keep seeing on posts with nothing else? does it mean something thanks

--------------------
Help I am being forced against my will to learn medicine!!!

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep looking at my ceiling when i read it and nothing has changed [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only, I can't tell if your are kidding or not...so I will tell you a little secret.

Up--- means someone wants that post to come to the front page of lymnet again.

Look UP only and chuckle at yourself. You're not the first to ask that question and you won't be the last.

We have our own language on this site and I know it should come with a how to or what is book.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

thank you I wasnt joking about up, but i was joking about the ceiling, at least i think i was. I just read about abbreviations, still couldnt find up [Big Grin]

--------------------

clueless
Member # 30019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clueless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excellent query!! (yes, onlyflippin too!)

I have seen MANY members comment on this topic in bits before, and do remember that there were alot of very positive responses dealing with this question......

It would be nice to have some condensed energy on this one!!

My husband's last MRI was not long ago, and he only started tx in Feb2011, but I will have to render him unconscious to get him there again.

first one wasn't pretty ;-((

swift healing to all!!

clueless

--------------------
Change is inevitable

Posts: 77 | From France | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme in putnam, sorry back to your original question. I think you mean brain lesions?

But in my case I have skin lesions. I don't want to know if I have brain lesions. That scare the you know what out of me.

But in my opinion all these sx or I should said majority of these sx can be reversed if our tx is working.

I must believe that it can be done. I trust that it can be done. I have faith that it can be done.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 2 small lesions and suggestions of brain atropy before treatment. This was along with a normal EEG and an abnormal SPECT.

After 6 months of treatment with oral abx and supplements my Brain MRI was NORMAL.

My SPECT was still abnormal, but much improved.

So yes..your brain can heal.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 lesions, abnormal eeg and abnormal spect (s) . Guess I'm in pretty good shape?

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clueless
Member # 30019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clueless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see any other famliar aliases here but many people on this site have shared with me some amazing Stories..... A lot with complex dx like CPN, Mycos, MS ...the whole nine yards!!!

More people will come forward

Chin up Lyme in Putnam- there's hope!

--------------------
Change is inevitable

Posts: 77 | From France | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PreferLemons
Member # 32037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PreferLemons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a doctor today that I was referred to from emergency...when she came in I was just finishing up a cry spell...she looked at the "rash" and insinuated that i need to think about people who have cancer like some of her patients and know that what I have (which by the way she does NOT know what I have) is no big deal...she said that perhaps some of my symptoms are psychological...she also said under her breath, while looking at the computer to see what happened in emergency, "oh you'll stress out"...I asked what she meant and she said..."did they tell you at emergency that you have a meningioma?" I said...what is that"..."a benign brain tumor"...I blinked as if I didn't hear her...and she said "please don't worry...it is very small and we will just watch it for now"...my question here is...are brain tumors a part of lyme????????????
Posts: 33 | From ohio | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes..patients with "MS" suffer for 30 years and then get better when they're finally treated for lyme.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Map 1131, I wasn't scared cause I have no fear cause of the depersonalization or whatever I have. No feeling at all. Wanted to compare last years mri to the year before. 2009 I was symptom free and was afraid to take it not wanting to rock the boat with brain stuff. Boy was I wrong. Came back with a vengeance.

--------------------

LymesNotSweet
Member # 32089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymesNotSweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had my share of MRI's. One last September came back with 18 lesions. My doc called me on my cell minutes after leaving the MRI and told me I had MS. Just like that. "uh, you have MS". Well, lumbar puncture showed no bands, so MS is out for now (even though I still "could" have it). Three positive ANA's for Sjogrens. And they say I don't have that because I don't have the "dry eyes, dry mouth" symptoms. Back to the lesions... Just had another MRI and all they said was "unchanged". [Frown] ~ Anyway, "you have symptoms for this, but tests say you don't have it... you test positive for that, but symptoms aren't symptoms say you don't have it" C'mon peeps, gimme a break. And THEY say Chronic Lyme doesn't exist.

--------------------
I'm not a doctor, but I might as well be!

Posts: 23 | From Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clueless
Member # 30019

hello Lymes not sweet.....

just wondering what was the interval of time between your last two MRIs??

"they" throw the ol MS dx very easily, hang in there and keep treating!!

we are in the same boat..... guess we all are to a certain degree [Wink]

--------------------
Change is inevitable

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

I was told they are small and common. They're non conclusive.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement