LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MRSA & Morgellon's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MRSA & Morgellon's
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I was diagnosed with MRSA. Adding this to Morgellon's is overwhelming. My husband had it first. He saw 2 doctors and they had no idea it was MRSA. When I came down with a lesions my doctor cultured it and it was positive for MRSA.

My doctor put me on Bactrim. I found a new gel for my lesions, Nature's Sunshine Silver Shield, and have used it for 2 days and seeing improvement. It's a little expensive but if it helps I can do without eating out ever now and then.

I have a new grandson 6 weeks old and I won't be able to hold him for fear of giving it to him. I already wear long sleeves to protect him from the Morgellon's.

Can anyone give me information on MRSA from your own experience. I would like to know the contagious aspect of it and how I should prepare for my visits to see my grandsons. Can it spread to other organs and does it make you sick in other ways?

I could use your prayers now as it's been a long day in my neck of the woods.

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that! It's nasty stuff and pretty contagious especially with older folks and young kids.

About 4-5 years ago... during one of the hospital visits my oldest girl contacted MRSA. Before we realized it she passed it to her baby sister who was 2 at the time! It re-curred twice and only until we separated the girls were we able to kick it for good. We ended up sending the older girl to stay w/ her grandparents b/c for some reasons they were passing it back and forth to each other!

It took us 3 rounds of antibiotics and nose sprays, topical creams, etc to finally got rid of it for good. I threw away all the sheets and disinfected the house, etc. I thought for sure I would have caught it since I was the care giver... but I never did, nor did their Daddy.

So in our experience the young ones were much more vulnerable. I would not go near the baby just to be safe. The boils were very painful for our baby and we ended up in the ER TWICE because she was in so much pain and I was crying and didn't know what the heck to do! Poor thing had them on her inner thigh and butt and she couldn't stand up but holding her we were hurting her as well... just thinking about it makes me shudder!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardraneala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardraneala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow that sucks.

so for your husband it was community acquired?

i don't know anything personally, im just curious...if staph aureus is endogenous (normal flora of the nose,skin), how can a staph infection activate? how can it "spread"? 25 percent of the pop has it and never gets sick....I'm pretty sure this is one of the organisms that infects only certain vulnerable host systems.

I'm going to add bactrim as a possible treatment to my notes...they say that Methicillin-resistant s.aureus can be treated with vancomycin but i think they want to avoid that because of VRSA...this site is helping me learn ^_^

Get well soon!

--------------------
Listen. That's all we ask.

Posts: 172 | From toronto | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MRSA if very hard to get rid of and very contagious.

Take this serious.

Google MRSA and you will find tons of info.

You need to follow your dr.s instructions on antibiotics to the T.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear this!! I will pray for you and your husband. It's too much, isn't it! [shake]

Consider castor oil packs on the lesion sites. It worked for "regular" staph for me. I realize that is nothing like MRSA, but I was impressed with the castor oil.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes---ir is bad BUT the good news is you got lesions...that means your body is fighting it and doesn't like it

there are carriers who do not hve a reaction-don't know they have it-but pass it on to others

better to know you have it

i can talk more on phone about itbut not til later...have compnay soon

feel free to call me later i will pm you #

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to ask the name of the nose spray that helps MRSA? My doctor didn't mention a nose spray but he's not that knowledgeable of Lyme, Morgellon's, and MRSA. I think he learns from me and I learn from this forum. Hey, thank you all for replying to my post and keeping me informed. Really helps with the coping, etc.

Saw my doctor today and he said to stay away from my new grandson until I have taken the full bottle of Bactrim which is 10 days.

When doc came in the room he looked at my face checking on the Morgellon's lesions and he couldn't believe my face looked so clear, about 50% improved. I told him I was using the Silver on my lesions and my skin tone is much better, not tough and dry like it was. He was excited because it's the clearest he's ever seen my skin.

TuTu, I will try the castor oil packs the next time I have a MRSA lesion. Maybe they would help calm the Morgellon's, too.

I get up each day wondering if I have new lesions and go to bed each night scratching and tearing at the lesions I have. There's something very powerful in the brain that know the fibers are foreign. I've tried the glove therapy, didn't work, and taping my fingers together. My husband and doc are wanting me to try hypnosis to break the itching cycle. I haven't made an appt. yet.

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ladyjenie, If you haven't already, check out the lymebusters forum for Morgellons. There is nutritional suggestions there as well and an enzyme spray that helps a lot with the lesions.

Also what helped me the most with the lesions was treating with antiparasitics and salt/c. PARASITES and possibly the Filarial Worm co-infection are causing the lesions. The parasites on

www.lymephotos.com

is what came pouring out of me after starting the above treatments. Hope you can get on top of this,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gosh... I don't remember the nose spray... but I know the first time we treated them w/out it, the infection re-curred. I was told that the MRSA bacteria like to hide inside your nasal passage and can passed through skin contact... so if you are not treating that than you might not get rid of the MRSA for good!! Please ask a doctor or Pharmacist what it is.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

scorpiogirl, I've had lesions in my nose and thought it was Morgellon's. The two conditions are similar except the MRSA lesions are deeper and larger.

When my husband had his first MRSA lesion we thought it was a spider bite. He had a lesion on the top of both wrists. None of the topicals helped.

It makes me sick to think these nasty bugs are keeping me from enjoying the one pleasure I have in life -- my grandsons. I don't even have the liberty to babysit or hold the baby. Oh well, I will have to suck up and stop whining because others are having the same difficulties.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement