LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » low heart rate/low b/p

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: low heart rate/low b/p
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart rate has been low for a few days, running 48-52 and blood pressure today was 98/76. Is this something I need to worry about? Is it another lyme or co. symptom?

In the past when I have had EKG's, they have been abnormal, then when I have a stress test it's normal. Cardiologist says I can't have an abnormal ekg with normal stress tests...but he saw with his own eyes.

I have not had a stress test in a year and half.
Think I need another one?

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate stress tests. Just had another one a few weeks ago. I don't like the radioactive stuff and the junk they put in your veins. And I was extremely ill and nauseous when they did it!!! [rant] Too ill to walk the treadmill.

ok .. just ranting here ... lol

Why not see about an echocardiogram? Wonder if that would show anything??

I have very low BP .. but it's mainly because I'm on a drug for my heart that lowers BP. It was 88/46 the other day and is regularly in the 90's over 50-60.

but ..my heart rate is usually higher than yours... Has it always run low for you???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymetoo, do you not get weak or faint with the blood pressure being so low?

I feel slow and see spots when I get up, and find myself holding the wall up before I take more steps.

In the past I have on occasion had the brady heart rate, this time it seems to be a faint pulse upon checking.
No, I do not want the junk in my veins either, so what is an echocardiogram?

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but you would think so!!! I'll go to cardiac rehab and they take my BP and it's so low .. so I know it's being measured correctly. Some days I feel really pooped, but like Friday I felt pretty good and it was so low.

My pulse is hard to find too.

The echo is an ultrasound. It tells them about the valves and whether or not your heart is enlarged, etc.

When is the last time you saw a cardiologist??

PS... If mine continues to be that low I will have to see my cardio. I've lost weight and I think that has made my BP go down. I may need to get my meds adjusted, though they are hard to adjust.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few things come to mind.. Have you checked your potassium levels? If you are low, it could cause these types of symptoms.

There is also something known as heart block with Lyme disease. One of the signs is bradycardia.. I think you would also have other heart symptoms such as supraventricular ectopic beats and palpitations.

I think your symptoms could be a sign of Babesia.. you might want to get tested for that if you haven't already.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep parasites including babesia in mind. They live off your blood and are doing it very quietly.
Body can only handle it so long. My husband just needed to have a major blood transfusion and would not have made it without that.

KPU leads to uncontained growth of worms and parasites. Rule it out or start to take the missing nutrients (look up CORE to find out which ones are missing).

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was your normal BP before getting sick?

Usually with Chronic Fatigue or with long term illness, you can get Anemic or your blood volume can decrease.

I'm suffering from this and now take Iron Supplements. You can add salt water to your daily supplements. Also do get a blood test to check for electrolytes.

If not, you can check your Feretin levels, which shows your body's iron stores, aside from the simple red and white blood cell tests.

If Feretin is below 50, you will need supplementation with iron most likely.

Anyways, just a few suggestions. Hope it helps.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Gigi, I take freeze dried garlic and olive leaf...these kill parasites right?

luluymemom, I take 600mg of potassium, do I need more?

Chootik, normal b/p is around 117-130 over a 76-80.

Thanks for all who have shared.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

luluymemom, oops, I do not take potassium that was 600mg on the magnesium. I do eat bananas.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Don't supplement with potassium (bananas are fine!) unless you know you need it. If you get too MUCH your heart can also be thrown off.

I would get checked for heart block... not sure how they check that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

I did not know this lymetoo, well I do not think I need to worry about intaking too much potassium a banana a day I try.
I sure do not like the thought of worms crawling around in me, Yuck! and freaky.

I will check into seeing a dr. soon I do not care for them real well either. I did check my heart rate a bit ago and it's at 62 now.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

I was searching and looking up the symptoms for co-infections. How in the world do you know what you have! if you have no means for testing and all the symptoms of co-infect. sound the same as lyme disease?!
I mean I do not have anxiety, depression, panic attacts or mood swings and this is part of coinfections...so does this mean I do not have coinfections?

I did try salt c a couple times in the past and it felt like crawlys were coming out of the skin. weird sensation it was.
I just don't want to deal with this damn disease anymore. I do not have energy for all this crap, and I am not a good reader or researcher. Most of this stuff is just so over my head and so frustrating. No, my blood pressure is not up! I checked it.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Babesia is the most likely culprit when it comes to the heart.

You don't have to have all the symptoms on the list in order for it to be there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

I have another question...since the b/p and heart rate continue to be low, would it be safe to start salt c again without furthering complications to the heart?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't really know. I do know that high amounts of salt are not good for the heart (& kidneys).

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW, are you a small, relatively thin person? Are you athletic or pretty active on a daily basis? Some women, who tend to be small and thinner can have low heart rate and blood pressure without feeling ill. Athletes and physically fit people can also have lower resting numbers.

If this is a new thing and your low blood pressure and heart rate are making you feel ill then you should definitely see a doctor. If they tell you that everything checks out OK then you won't have to worry.

I don't like having to go to doctors either but when it comes to the heart, I know that can be serious, it's best to follow up on those symptoms.

Hugs, I want you to be well [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Hi Sammy, Thank you for the hug. I will see a dr. soon just not yet, I have commitments that come first. In answer to your questions..no, I am not small. I am 5'7 and somewhat on the fluffy side. Active, yes I am with a very super busy life. feeling ill...hmm, well I have been run down and pains to my heart that usually go away but this time the pings continue to stay even when just sitting and typing like right now.

I need to take a detox bath, but after the last one, I am kind of nervous about taking.

I will be A-okay..ok? okies

--------------------

crx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to run a few things by you. First off, if you've had a few abnormal ekgs and your heart has been throughly checked out I would not worry all that much. My ekgs almost always read abnormal cause when they take them i seem to have slight tachy. Many things can cause an abnormal EKG.. And if your Cardio was not worried about the findings I'm sure he would clarify that with you. Second.. If a slow heart rate and the blood pressure thing in new for you get it checked. Signs of a slow heart rate could mean heart block something that I believe is rare by can happen with Lyme and co. Also.. How does your thyroid test? Good luck!
Posts: 129 | From West | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

crx, Thanks for posting your thoughts. I am trying to think, I believe it was about two years ago that I was in the hospital with T or R abnormalities on the ekgs, went in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. They kept me over night with nitro patches. Then next day ran all kinds of tests on the heart. Everything checked out alright. Then 6 months later I began having issues again, tests and more tests, nothing. Thyroid is okay as far as I know...not much for docs, only go when I am forced or falling apart.

Now my heart rate is brady?? I'm not really worried per say I think my answer to question has been answered... Babesia/ parasites possibly.

When I get back from a trip I must take, I will give the ole salt C another attempt and go from there. Again thank you.

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay MDW, I will trust that you know when it is time to see the doctor (or get a second opinion). Heart stuff worries me so please don't ignore those feelings if they do continue to bother you at home.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement