LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have experience with Fibro and fatigue centers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Fibro and fatigue centers
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im thinking of going to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue centers to see if they can help with my constant fatigue, and fibromyalgia pain.

Anyone here have any experience with this type of treatment center? It's very expensive and I am already spending so much with my LLMD. But I'll sell something to get more help.

Since the hot humid weather started my pain and fatigue is unbearable again. Im starting to think I was feeling better due to weather only and not all these antibiotics I'm taking.....so frustrated right now, and need some relief.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The didn't help me. It was very expensive.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the feedback on those places are negative.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends upon which state. They are very expensive and some have knowledge of Lyme and some don't.

Are you being treated for Lyme & Co???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am. I have an LLMD, since Janurary...I think I'm just getting antsy, I can't deal with the pain any more. I have my LLMD Apt tomorrow.

Atlanta.

--------------------

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes awhile to clear Lyme!! Make sure you get treated for possible babesia. Most people have at least one coinfection.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, she tried to treat bartonella and i had a backward spiral.......it was right after i was sick with tonsillitis and strep, and i had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic.

Also my pain was off the charts. I couldn't handle it. So she put me back on the doxy and zith for a while. Im sure she'll want to try again, Im just not looking forward to it.

--------------------

Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Thank you all, I think I'll cancel my appt with the fibro center.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

ugh on the bart .. sorry to hear

babesia causes a lot of pain

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treated at the Fibro and Fatigue Center in Portland, and it was what eventually lead to my lyme diagnosis. It depends on what Dr you get-- but money wise it is a deal. You pay $6,000. for a year of unlimited supplements, drs appointments and IV nutrition. If youre doing the IV they will def even out on cost.

I don't have pain, so from that standpoint its hard to judge. But I know alot of people i talk to in the office have had very good luck. BUT again, there are totally different Drs in the different clinics. So I can only speak for Oregon.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they changed their payment plan. I went through $10 grand in a few months. It was nice that they recognized Fibro as a real illness. I went about 6 years ago & it was hard to get any straight answers about Fibro back then.

They sold me lots of overpriced supplements, injections, & drips & I got nowhere.

They told me that I had Lyme & not Fibro. I tried treating Lyme but got nowhere with that, too. I don't think I actually had Lyme or Fibro. I think the root of my problem is parasites.

I took an $11 anti-parasite supplement & got really far with it. I wish I tried this 16 years ago! Lyme (and co-infections) are really tricky since the tests aren't accurate. The symptoms are similar to alot of different illnesses.

Good luck!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darla123
Member # 31815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darla123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Im having lots of pain and began last week with spasms in my neck and back. Does Lymes cause muscle spasms as well?? So for I havnt taken any meds for pain but wow these spasms or terrible any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Posts: 5 | From Lafayette La | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart causes a lot of muscle twitching. I had HORRENDOUS muscle twitching until I treated Bart. It is said that treating Bart is key to getting to the next level. I know it was for me.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darla123:

Your symptoms sound like lyme. I would recommend a decent LLMD exam with a Igenex WB plus a co infection pannel.

If you have lyme odds favor another TBD as well.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Darla I had horrible muscle spasms and twitching...even my whole body would jerk on it's own when I would lay down at night.

Lyme must cause some of that because although I still have it somewhat ..that's gotten alot better just by treating the lyme. I haven't started on coinfections yet.

--------------------

mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew somebody that spent $27,000 in less than a year at one of those centers and was not any better. I have heard very few good things about them so IMO I would be cautious.

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I blew $700 at a local one and am grateful that's all. This experts idea of Lyme treatment was 100 mg doxy x2 for everything. Lame places
Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Wow! ok Im definitely cancelling my appt, thanks y'all. I need to do more research on my own about adrenal issues, weight gain and thyroid, and lyme......i have such a hard time reading, I get so dizzy.

Im so desperate to get my metabolism back to normal....fix my fatigue...and reverse this weight gain!

I live in a really bad state, there's no one that knows anything about lyme here.

--------------------

sandim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went there for a year. The doctor I saw was pretty good, but a lot of shady things happened while I was there. They went through 2 receptionists, 2 managers, 1 doctor and 3 nurses. I advise people to go somewhere else.
Posts: 144 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement