LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I HATE WATER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I HATE WATER
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate water, i never have liked it bottled or otherwise. I would rather take cough syrup.The only way I like it is in coffee,beer,soda,top ramen or soup. [Smile] Are there any lternatives for detoxing? And if not how much should I drink? Thanks alot

--------------------
Help I am being forced against my will to learn medicine!!!

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better start drinking it if you want to keep your kidneys going!

1/2 your body weight in ounces is the general rule

if you weigh 200 lbs, you drink 100 oz of water a day

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thanks, I guess i will, can i add something to it? Or hey about cranberry juice?

--------------------

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemon slices or orange. Ive heard Lemon water is great for detoxing. You will get used to it..just force yourself for a while. It's so important to drink water.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I'm the total opposite...water is ALL that I would drink. You should see me when I travel. The minute we checked in the first place we hit is a drug store or gas station. If I don't have at least 12 bottles (my daily quota) I freak out!! LOL. I even hide my water in the van in all the secret places just in case!

Anyway, young coconut water. But please don't drink top ramen or soup (unless home made soup), it's full of MSG and salt... not good for even the healthy folks.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Yeah but your from southern Ca, you guys need water to get rid of all the pollution from your system [Big Grin] You see us rednecks in Wa mold from lack of sun so we dont need as much. What and were do you find coconut water? I know they have milk inside but water?

p.s.
My wife and I were both born in redondo beach at the same hospital. My dad was pretty famous down there too

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, you can add stuff to it. Lemon would be very good for detoxing. Soup does count, by the way!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Sweet, i will drink soup. 100 % cranberry juice with no sugar added would that be ok? Thank you for all the tips. Is it total ounces even if it is in soup? How about gatorade?

Oh yeah scorpio, when I lived in socal I had pure blonde hair almost white. Now its almost black thats how much we mold, but we dont glow at night either [Big Grin]

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juice has a lot of sugar in it. I would lay off the juices. Try to get used to the water. I have never heard of anyone that hated water. Preferred other things, perhaps, but you hate it?? You NEED it. Gatorade is loaded with sugar. If you try to get all of your liquids from soup you'll make yourself ill....good luck
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... maybe the sun makes us thirsty! But it's true the pollution is pretty bad here. Young coconut water is so good for you...and plentiful here in CA. I would imagine hard to find unless you have a Whole Foods near you?

Soup is ok but NOT top Ramen!! Although I am so jealous when I see people eat it... it's soo DELICIOUS but soo bad for you. The last time I had one was 2008 on our trip up north on Christmas day and that was the only thing we found at a gas station!! It was my only one meal during the 8 hours trip and boy was it not the best thing I have ever eaten! LOL

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Lymeboy I hate it detest it. And thanks for the advice.

Scorpiogirl.
We only buy food up here that is whole, I have no idea why you would buy partial food. I am lucky I can have top ramen cause we dont have msg or lyme in wa. so its ok.
[Big Grin]
But I still dont understand how you get water from a coconut? We dont have whole foods, is it a health food store?

--------------------

missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the more that you get healthy,

then suddennly, you will find that water will taste better.

When I was really really sick, I had lots of symptoms, such as things would smell and taste weird.

As the treatment went on, it was amazing how normal, and how great things tasted again.

18 months later, however, I am still getting treated for Lyme and the co-infections.

The whole smell and taste thing was just one layer of the disease that had to be cured for me.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put half a lemon in a glass of water. Add a tiny bit of sweeter like honey and it tastes really good. It is supposed to be great for detoxing. Coconut water is really good for you. It has electrolytes. Recharge is a good drink. Its like Gatorade, but none of the added sugar or coloring. Its made with juice, but its really thin. Its better than nothing.

When my kids are sick with a high fever, they wont drink water, but need it badly. So I make Popsicles with a little juice and water. I make them jello. Soup with just chicken broth and pasta. Its as easy as ramen, but without msg and all the garbage in ramen.

It is crucial that you get water in you. But if you can't, or hate it so much that you will go without, just add a little fruit, like lemons or oranges. Or green tea. Its definitely better than nothing.

Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Awesome thanks, i have hated water all my life. I dont know why, just do. Now I love fruit. I will try the ramen idea too. I been sitting here trying to figure out what to add, to make it tolerable. I tried a couple of things, whatever you do dont add salt [bonk] My sodium level is low so I thought " what the hell". NOT A GOOD IDEA. I dont cook so I dont have many ideas.

--------------------

anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta have water!

You could try:

Squeezing a lemon or lime (or even an orange) into it

Tea, sweetened with stevia of course!

Green tea with lemon and just a shmidge of honey

I would stay away from fruit juice. Too much sugar and not enough fiber. A small glass (6 0z or less) each day is okay just look for the "no sugar added, not from concentrate" varieties OR make your own (if you have a juicer or the funds to obtain one, they're not cheap) which is a good way to retain some of the fiber.

But really... water is the best. If I don't drink at least 80 oz a day I feel like an empty husk of a person. Does wonders for the skin, too!

If your tap water tastes funky, a Brita pitcher is a solid investment. $20 and it'll last forever. I wash and reuse my filters because I'm one of those liberal environmentalists (aka: hippies).

NO BOTTLED WATER! It's like the worst thing you can do to the planet, not to mention the poor people whose water is being stolen from them by Coca Cola or whatever and sold to us. Google "bolivian water crisis". Horrifying what our corporate media won't show us.

Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy packets of crystalized lemon, lime, and oranges to add flavor to your water. They come in a big box, no sugar added, and are really cheap. My favorite is the lime. I get them at the local grocery.

Check it out here: http://www.truelemon.com/products.html

If that's not tasty enough for you then maybe you would like something like crystal lite. They have all kinds of different flavors for you to try so you won't get bored with just one. Some people are sensitive to the artificial sweeteners so that may or may not be a good option for you.

I guess in my mind drinking water with something to flavor it would be better than not drinking any at all.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Thanks for all the advice. From what people tell me our tap water tastes better than any bottled water. Our well is tapped into and underground river being fed by glaciers. I can tasted anything oddball like sweetners I even cannot eat meat reheated in a microwave it has a
nasty metal taste. I have run into other people like this, anyway I think thats why water tastes bad to me, some natural chemical of some sort.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and I will definately drink water,I will try all suggestions. I was trying to get around it.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymeboy:
[QB] Juice has a lot of sugar in it. I would lay off the juices. Try to get used to the water. I have never heard of anyone that hated water. Preferred other things, perhaps, but you hate it?? You NEED it. Gatorade is loaded with sugar. If you try to get all of your liquids from soup you'll make yourself ill....good luck

amen...

I haven't opened a coconut in quite awhile, but I do seem to remember that there is liquid inside .. hence the "water" .. plus there is moisture in the coconut itself that can be extracted

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink selzer / sparking water a lot.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbiter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbiter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hear ya i hardly ever drank water before i was sick. One thing that has helped me is buying jugs of drinking water, tastes much better than tap and is better for you.
Posts: 113 | From south dakota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Ah ha i knew i couldnt be the only one. [Big Grin] I was just kidding about drinking soup. or was I [Eek!] I will try selzer too. My tap water comes off of glaciers, i have heard its much better than bottled water.

Thanks for all the tips

--------------------

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with bcb1200, sparkling water. The best is Voss, delicious with some lemon. Doesn't taste like water and really refreshing. It is also in a glass bottle.
Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymesNotSweet
Member # 32089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymesNotSweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate water too! (ok, I don't HATE, I just really don't like it) And it gets worse... Sunday I woke up and have lost my sense of taste. Just taste not smell. And suddenly, water is even worse! Everything is bland, but water, it tastes like old spit or something. Totally gross! I feel your pain, and then some [Frown] The only water I used to like was Aqua Pana. I don't know why, but it honestly tasted different. The texture or something. Ridiculously expensive though.

--------------------
I'm not a doctor, but I might as well be!

Posts: 23 | From Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Ah ha thats 3 now

--------------------

ardraneala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardraneala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
green tea, lemon, honey and when i pour it out i put in a handful of frozen cranberries mmm ^_^

--------------------
Listen. That's all we ask.

Posts: 172 | From toronto | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

I dont like tea how come i can have tea and not coffee?

--------------------

HopesAlive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopesAlive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first went gluten and sugar free, I thought I would be able to drink juices. Learned quickly that even juice was a "no no."

I LOVE my water, but I have met a few, rare, people who just do not care for water the way most do.

Water with lemon and/or lime and a bit of stevia if you like it sweet.

I am allowed two cups of coffee in the morning. That is one thing I just could not give up. I got used to drinking more teas, and I really like them now.

Good luck!

--------------------
Best Wishes,

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

~~The Shawshank Redemption~~

Posts: 234 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Thanks hopes

--------------------

onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Actually water tastes like dirt to me and so do alfalfa sprouts, I know the arent grown in dirt. I have heard that a million times.

--------------------

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was never thirsty until I decided to make a concerted effort to drink water. Now I'm thirsty.

Get the book "Your Body's Many cries for Water". The book was written by an M.D. If that doesn't convince you of how critical water is to your health, nothing will.

Get a good reverse osmosis water filter and start drinking lots of pure water. It's one of the best things you can do to help get your health back.

As you re-teach your body to drink water you will start to crave it.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeniferM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JeniferM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little late in posting to this thread... but I go through phases where I drink lots of water and phases where the last thing I want to do is drink water. It's almost like my body is completely full of fluids and the last thing I want to do is add more to it. I know you're supposed to drink water to help flush your system, but those times I just can't do it. I need to try to write down the details when I hit one of those phases. It's weird.

--------------------
IgM: [18++,31+++,34++,41++,83-93+] [39 IND]
IgG: [41 IND]
Positive according to IGeneX. Negative according to CDC. Negative for co-infections.
Currently treating for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia

Posts: 225 | From Minnesota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter likes to make kool-aid and sweeten it with stevia. She drinks more water when she does this.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe someone already mentioned this but you can buy flavored Stevia, powdered or liquid. It has an aftertaste if you use to much but if you work with it and find just the right amount for your tastes it's quite yummy. I like stevita brand but I'm sure others are good too. My kids love the liquid vanilla one in their milk. You can get it on vitacost.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Onlyflippin....
did anyone suggested the flavored Stevia drops?

Make your own "Gatorade" with a Grape, Strawberry or Orange flavor.

http://www.steviasmart.com/stclfl.html

Lemon Drop is a good one too if you are in a rush and don't feel like juicing a lemon to add to the water.

The Vanilla and Hazelnut... AWESOME in coffee!!!! omg.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! JLP beat me.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And kidsgotlyme beat me. Guess I shoulda read the whole post first. Ha ha.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

What about kangan water? I've heard it's really good for you (alkaline) but you have to find someone with a filter t o get it from.
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try adding green tea extract to your water. It's fast and easy, and you can control flavor by varing the amount of drops you add. No caffine nor sugars... just the stuff that's good for you.

Sometimes I add it to my lemon water to take the sour edge off.

enjoy

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oskari
Member # 32464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oskari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tap water tastes bad because its contaminated to some degree with fluoride and meds plus other stuff from the pipes etc.

find a spring near you and start getting water from there. u'll be amazed how much better it tastes and how much better it makes u feel.

Posts: 4 | From finland | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can add a little bit of any kind of juice to your glass of water for flavor.

I do this all the time. Put a few ounces of juice in a full cup and it tastes like very watered down juice. Its good!

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth.

Since starting RBTI I have come to believe that drinking large amounts of water without knowing your body chemistry can be detrimintal to your health.

In the world of RBTI you would not drink much, if any water at all solely by itself when your urinary brix/sugar and salt levels are low because water will lower the urinary brix/sugar and salt levels even further and according to RBTI that can lead to a host of health problems.

And according to RBTI, if your brix/sugar numbers are low then you would be better off drinking fruit juice or a sweetened beverage of some sort instead of plain water. But on the other side if your urinary brix/sugars and salt levels are elevated then drinking alot of water will probably be beneficial for you.

I have found the refractometer useful in determing when and how much water I should drink.
According to RBTI, if your urinary brix/sugar reading is bellow 2.0 then you should not drink any more water until your urinary brix/sugar reading is 2.0 or higher.

If you are interested in using a refractometer, you can purchase one for about $30.00 dollars on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-0-32-ATC-Brix-Refractometer-Wine-Beer-CNC-Sugar-/390202796300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad9e6290c

All you have to do is put a few drops of your urine on the glass plate on the refractometer and look through the lens. It takes about 15 seconds to do the test.

Here are a couple of interesting articles by Matt Stone regarding the use of a refractometer and it's potential usefullness in the area of health.

http://180degreehealth.com/2011/07/hypoglycemia-%e2%80%93-it%e2%80%99s-not-all-in-your-head-it%e2%80%99s-all-in-your-urine

http://180degreehealth.com/2011/09/regulate-blood-sugar

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came to this post to respond cause I also hate water, but I see you don't need any more help! Wow. So I'll tell you why I hate water. When I was 5 years old, I reached up and drank a glass of water that was on the bathrm sink. My mom was hand-washing a shirt in the sink. It was not water.
It was Clorox.
I am psychologically damaged for life I guess.
[Smile]

Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH Beth, that is horrible!! Did it scar you physically too? Or did Mom save you?!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add another one who doesn't care for plain water! I try and drink it when I can. When it's hot outside I can put it down much easier.
I do like the sparkling water, as has been suggested.
I also like constant comment tea, and lemonade made with stevia or xylitol, fresh lemons, and yes, water.
I love my coke too, which is very bad, but I try to limit my consumption to 1 per day..

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like seltzer or club soda with lemon, lime or orange juice - just a little for flavor.

Club soda is also good to have around if you spill something on yourself; it takes it right out.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been drinking "Pom-yummy" from the author of Top Ten Treatments for Lyme book:

Club soda
squirt lime juice
splash or more of pommagranite (sp) juice
kids drink more now!

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymetoo, indeed my mom saved me. i only took a little sip and threw up immediately! she was scared to death but i was fine.
however, i would never drink water as a child. never. i struggle with it now but lyme sure made me drink more water than i ever have in my life.
love the pom yummy recipe! i could handle that!

Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up on a farm and loved the well water. Moved to town and HATE water now. I don't care if it is filtered, bottle, reverse osmos,or any other water I hate it and just can't drink it. I don't drink it.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never minded water...couldn't keep up with the 68 ounces though. but all of a sudden, water tastes funny to me. I am guessing it is the abx.

I think the OT may not be tuned into this thread anymore...but here is my suggestion (besides, sparkling, lemon, lime, stevia etc)

ICED TEA! decaf of course and if you like it green tea is best for you. I have found peach or passion fruit flavored green tea that makes a great iced tea. not sure if I have found it decaf, but if that is the case I make regular plain decaf tea (i like a mix of white and black and green together) and just add one or two tea bags of the flavored while it steeps. I take the flavored tea out early cause of the caffiene but it still flavors it. Make it strong so it doesn't get diluted by the ice. stevia or honey to taste.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate tea as much as I hate water so tea won't work for me. Any other suggestions for those who hate water and tea?
Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why not include "I hate water" as a Lyme symptom?

I hate water too. Drinking water makes my stomach uncomfortable. However, I like vegetable juice or Salt/C water. Those actually improve my symptoms

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coconut water...I go to Amazon.com..On this site so it helps here...And I have a prime account ,because I get out so seldom...

Anyway... The plain is ,well, plain. I don't like the pineapple flavor...BUT the mango, pomegranate and others are fine...It taste a lot better cold... It just has essence of the flavor, so minimal sugar.

PLUS it is high in Potasium and a bunch of other good for you thing's..

There are so many days I've been so sick ,that getting any food or water in me was hard.

So when I had this stuff at least I was a little fortified.

It might take a couple of tries ,but worth it.

Hope it helps, Nonna [hi]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since having Lyme, we've become great collectors of Liquid Stevia drops in all kinds of flavors. We keep a gallon jug of water in the fridge, flavored with a few drops of the flavour du jour, and it's great. We drink it down like, well, like water...
Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan of seltzer. Lemon, lime, or cramberry flavored (no calories.)

Takes a couple of weeks to get used to it but then you will be hooked.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Without water, we die. Without water, our brains shrink and cells die. Without water, we invite kidney disease.

And people die around the world every day for lack of water - or for lack of clean water. Some have walk miles just for a drink, to bathe, etc. Even in some parts of the U.S., some people have to haul in water.

But, for those who have water but have an aversion to it (which can be for understandable reasons as lyme can change so much with our brain function),

I'm just not sure it's a good thing to drink ONLY liquids that have flavors added, even if real from fruit or stevia.

It can set us up for obesity to have all liquids be sweet, even if with stevia. It's not natural to have sweetness all the time - for human have consumed water as its main liquid for all of time. Our brains need to taste pure water as much as our kidneys require it for most of the liquid they use.

So, I go for pure water for 70% of my liquid consumption. I do like it, but that is not a requirement for such a life giving liquid that all I have to do is pour down my throat.

Just a few drops of lemon or lime, though, can help and, alone, won't start a dependency on sweet water.

Water tastes better with my 10 stage Enviro New Wave countertop water filter.

Just saw this. Maybe more real food will help develop a taste for pure water:

------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=113095;p=0

It's about FEEDING our Mitochondria, Terry Wahls, M.D.

17 minute video from a TED Talk in Iowa City

Haley found this for us.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement