LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many of us work fulltime? through the herxes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of us work fulltime? through the herxes?
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious how many work a full time job... how do you deal with the herxes and bad days? how do you deal with anixety and work with it?

Thanks.

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work pretty close to full time--I have no choice. I wish I didn't need to.

It's always a struggle...ESPECIALLY when herxing. Luckily I have an understanding employer that lets me leave early every day. I usually work anywhere from 4-6 hours per day depending on how I feel. I work in an office setting, thank God. I would not be able to work every day if I were doing anything physical.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would stop my meds for 48 hours every month since I herxed every 28 days like clockwork. The first 4 mos, those 2 days I'd either be in bed or work from home. Is this an option for you?

I carried essential oils with me to help with the anxiety and also took/take large doses of Rhodiola. The oils are so powerful, they helped tremendously.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coffee71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coffee71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have worked full time all these years. Even trough the worst, except days when I could not move due to the herx.
I have had no other option but to work.
My managers know about my illness and did not give me hard time

Posts: 191 | From va | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm working full time anywhere from 36-50 hours/week depending on how I feel. I need the money so if I feel up to it, I will pick up some overtime shifts.

I do have intermittent FMLA though but have only used it once. I've "lucked out" that my bad days are usually on my days off. I also haven't had too many *really* bad days.

I do find that I am good for nothing on Mondays after working the weekends though.

I do breathing and relaxation techniques to deal with my anxiety.

What essential oils did you use lymeinhell?

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work full time and it is a good distraction. I have not been sick as my son. My herxes are manageable. In the beginning of the treatment for Lyme, I took Wednesdays off and only worked 4 days. I need a lot of rest on the weekends that is for sure.
I carry the family's insurance so have to keep going.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 blended oils from Young Living

1. Peace and Calming (a wonderful citrus mix)
http://www.youngliving.com/essential-oil-blends/Peace-And-Calming
2. Valor - can't describe the scent - just wonderfully fresh and calming.
http://www.youngliving.com/essential-oil-roll-ons/Valor-Roll-On

Apply to fingers and rub underneath toes. Cup your hands over your nose and breath deep for at least 30-60 seconds.

They sell both in a roll-on which makes for easy application and transport(but you get more for your $ by buying a bottle).

You can also use the same method for sleep issues. Apply each oil one at a time and do the breathing. Breaks the no sleep cycle and teaches your brain to relax when you smell those scents.

You should try the Peace and Calming at least - you won't leave home without it!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the delay in responding I was working [lol] My Employer is pretty amazing about understanding but the staff isn't always. Thank you guys all for the tips and letting me know I'm not alone I work in Manhattan in the Empire State Building and sometimes just making it to work is a challenge.

Ktk- you are right sometimes it is a good distraction.

Lymeinhell- I am certainly going to pick up those oils thanks for the information on them. Also I was taking Rhodiola for awhile and my new LLMD took me off it I don't know if it doesnt mix well with my neds or what... I am taking L-Theanine now which I do feel works but I still need my xanax for the evening commute.

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work, fulltime. I have for three years of treatment. I have not missed much time because of sickness. I have because of doc appointments.

It is true that I think and move faster at 50% than most do in good health. And it is true that I have hid it well. But I still feel insecure.

I think it would be hard not to; just last afternoon I could not remember where to find the conference room.

There will be a time, soon I hope, when I laugh over it. But not now. For now I am glad I have a job; unemployment is high and the so are healthcare costs. So I'll take the stress unless I just could not longer.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fired from my job of over 11 years due to my Lyme. I even had FMLA and it didn't help.

I hired a lawyer and everything and was not able to do anything about it.

I was unemployed for 18 months and had to relocate across country right after my unemployment ran out.

It is tough out there. I am a single mom and both my daughter and I have LD. I have to work to support us and for health insurance.

I fear every day that I might become too sick to work, but all I can do is push forward.

I am very thankful that I am able to do what I can right now. I wish everyone well and just know you are not alone!

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your experiences. I do about 40 to 45 hours a week. I have saved up all my sick days just in case I need them soon.

I have been doing the Buhner Protocol (9 weeeks now with 5 weeks at full strength) in prep for abx at the end of June when I see the LLMD. He is treating my son and knows I am coming to see him.

Sunday and Monday I was really tired and forgetful. Continued to work but was very slow and not very effective. So I stopped the herbs for 4 days and increased the vitamin C. I had also been doing a parasite cleanse that finished last Thursday with Parastroy and think I may have overdone it.

By Tuesday I felt better than I have in months. Today has been good also. I continue to take my supplements and Bar 1. I will start back with Herbs on Friday. I also added Lugols to step up my immune system. I am sweating much more today and have more energy. In the afternoon when I hit a low about 3, I take two EmergenC's in a glass of water and that give me enough energy to make it to quitting time.

Thanks for the tip on the oils. All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you again everyone for sharing. I too feel thank god everyday that I am able to work I dont know what I would do if I couldn't, I wouldnt be able to afford treatment, rent, food anything so Thanks be to Jesus for that blessing.

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement