LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Samento and Banderol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samento and Banderol
Jason21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested to see how many people here have tried Samento and/or Banderol and whether it helped them and/or had any documented effect on their immune system.

I finished 2 years of abxs about a year ago when I felt like I had gotten back to 100% from LD and bart infections.

I am not taking any abxs right now and still feel pretty good, but I had my yearly physical last month and my CD57 level was 42, which is the lowest it has ever been.

My wife and 2 of my kids have tested positive for LD and have been taking abxs for 2 years but have not shown much improvement. I am considering trying Samento and Banderol for them as well as myself to see if it will help them and help get my CD57 levels up to normal.

What have other members' experiences been like with Samento and Banderol?

[ 06-22-2011, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Jason21 ]

--------------------
Igenex WB IgM 28+, 31IND, 34IND, 41+
WB IgG 30+, 31IND,39 IND, 41++++, 58+, 83-93IND
CD57 = 56
Prob infected since 2000
Doxy, Zith, Biaxin, Flagyl, Levaquin, Tindamax, Cipro
Highly Recommended: Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies

Posts: 137 | From South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Dr. B's speech at the CALDA conference in March 2011, he said Samento and Banderol help to break up biofilm.

Although I bought Cowden Samento I used another brand of TOA free cat's claw, which is what samento is. It seemed to be effective at keeping my Bb under control while I was treating other infections. I also used grapefruit seed extract with it.

I was told by a LLMD that cat's claw, teasal root and andrographis are the best herbs for borellia.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pm'd you as well. I like the herbs and feel they help, but I still feel that the abx are essential too. Adding the herbs to an abx protocol is the way to go just take it slow and watch liver and kidney function.

Milk thistle will help support the liver. Take it away from the meds though...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to take Siliverin (milk thistle) because my liver enzymes were elevated when I had active LD and/or bart.

Although I am not taking any abxs now, my liver enzymes were normal as of last month.

I have a question about Samento and Banderol. Why can't they be taken together? The study that was published about their effectiveness against Bb seemed to indicate they were used together to help inhibit or kill Bb.

--------------------
CD57 = 56
Prob infected since 2000

Posts: 137 | From South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n2themystic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2themystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the following each day and really feel of all the Cowden herbs, these 2 have helped the most.

banderol - first thing in the morning
samento - early afternoon
banderol - early evening
samento - before I go to bed.

Posts: 186 | From colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samento and Cumanda have been the best for us. We also add Enula for babesia sometimes and always use grapefruit seed extract for babesia.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relapsed on them in a huge way a year ago. Google martin sievers samento--contrary to Eva Sapi's findings, he actually found it to promote Bb growth, it seems. Think I'll wait for the jury to come in on this one.

One doc suggested that they (or at least one of them) might release Bb from biofilm and thus be helpful only in the presence of abx. Just a hypothesis, though.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had any ABX, due to allergy, and I took Samento for four years with major herxing most of the time. It seemed to keep my end organ problems from getting worse. When I stopped, I went downhill really rapidly.

Cumanda made me herx a little, and Burbur didn't do much for me. Have not tried Banderol....it didn't exist back then.

I feel I would have come to Stage IV a lot sooner without Samento, but I would not advise taking a dose high enough to herx. Drop back just one dose below that, which is what they advise anyway.

I could not take any in the afternoon or later, or I would not sleep at all, since I have so much Bb in my brain. I had to take it in the morning, and could never get beyond 9 drops. I could not really function above 5 drops per day. The herxing was major agony.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16393

Thanks for the responses and input. Hopefully, we can keep this thread going to keep getting more input on these supplements and what has worked for different members.

I have decided to go with Samento because of its alleged immune system boosting effect and with Banderol because of its alleged antifungal properties. Even though I have been off abxs for a year, I still get thrush occasionally that does not seem to respond to Nystatin.

I plan to take these Nutramedix supplements for about 6 months and then have my CD57 checked again to see if it will increase from its current level of 42. I started on these supps yesterday, using 10 drops of each twice daily.

I will post any effects that I feel are related to taking these supps, including whether my CD57 rebounds.

--------------------
CD57 = 56
Prob infected since 2000

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in these -banderol and samento, too. I've seen the Sapi report and the blogMD's report, both favorable. Little worried about the report from the poster above. I don't want to make things worse.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the results of my CD57. It's now 71, a drop form 125 in April when I was tested at the beginning of my relapse.

ABX are no longer working for me. I'm doing homeopathy and herbal supplements with my LLMD.

and

I started the banderol/samento at 1 drop each a day.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Any more experiences with the banderol and Samento combo?
shachar
Member # 31825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shachar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been on samento and banderol this past year. I had to stop both because of my reactions to both of them. My body is very sensitive to treatment because a little bit goes a long way with me. My moto I learned after using these natural treatments is...the treatment should be formulated to the patient not the patient around the treatment. I started Samento and was so sick from the hertz that I just couldn't do anything and was bed bound. It really stirred up a huge neuro reaction for me. Headaches were my chief compliant. I lowered the dose to even 1 drop every other day and just couldn't tolerate it so my LLMD said stop!!!
He then started me on Banderol because he felt that it was more gentle and I started at 1 drop a day and was tolerating that just fine. So after my next follow-up appointment it was suggested that I increase to 3 drops a day and to take at bedtime so that it would be more tolerated. Well immediately the next morning I woke up with the most terrible headache I had ever experienced for days. Plus the sad thing was it drove mine into cyst forms that came out of my skin located at the base of my spine and in my neck areas. These turned into ulcers that were 3 CM wide and 2CM deep and took months to heal umder a dermatologist care. So I stopped Banderol because I heard that it has a possible history of this.
I now am on SPK by Kroger brand and am doing just fine. My darkfield test showed that my lymes was completely controlled by SPK and rifing for my co-infections. I know that Samento and Banderol works but not for me. And starting out 1 drop at a time is the way to go.
My LLMD later informed me that some people only need a small amount for a complete treatment dose instead of 15 drops twice a day. He had a patient totally cured by working up to 3 drops a day which took years to get there but they did get there. Make sure your liver and colon is functioning at it's best or you might have major speed bumps.
I hope that you can gain something from my experience. May God lead to in the right direction that you need to go which is best for YOU!
Blessings in Jesus wondferful name! Shachar

Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shachar
Member # 31825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shachar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. I also use daily along with my herbal supplements...Paracan MYC grapefruit extract also with any Lymes treatment.
Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16393

UPDATE: I worked up to 20 drops of Samento and Banderol twice daily, and the Banderol seems to be helping my thrush.

I won't know if the Samento is helping to boost my immune system until I go back to my doctor next month.

Also, of note, a couple of months before I started Samento and Banderol, I got a bad cold and URI and was prescribed a z-pak back in May 2011. About 2 weeks later, I started having sore feet and hands again. At first, I just thought maybe I had been working out too hard at the gym, but then I realized that these symptoms may be LD or bart related when they did not go away after rest. They seemed to be very similar to the first LD/bart symptoms that I started having about 10 years ago.

I went back to my doctor, and my bloodwork showed something was out of whack. I am now back on Tindamax and cipro twice a day after being off all LD and bart abxs for a year. The good news is that my hands and feet began to feel better after just a week of abxs. Hopefully, the abxs plus the Samento and Banderol will finally knock out the LD and bart, but only time will tell.

--------------------
CD57 = 56
Prob infected since 2000

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Hi Shakar,

What's SPK? I'm interested.

I've tried banderol twice, and had bad reactions. Thanks for sharing your story. Everybody's body is different.

Thanks for your insight.

Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonardjio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was taking Cats Claw in the period that led to me crashing with Lyme borreliose, so I was wondering what the cause could be since it tested positive with energytesting. Before crashing I was doing relatively fine.

Later I found this remark in a German book on Lyme:
Petra Hopf-Seidel MD writer of the book 'Krank nach Zeckenstich'. (Sick after a tickbite):
"In vitro research of Prof Sievers, W�denswil has shown that Cats Claw not only works for the immunesystem, but it also stimulates Borrelia in its growth. Therefore I only recommend Cats Claw in combination with AB."

Maybe this could explain a few things.

The research by Prof. Martin Sievers was done with Samento, which is a Toa free Cats Claw.
The research in favor of Samento is done by Eva Sapi, who is figuring a lot in the publicity done by Nutramedix, the company that sells the stuff.
In the texts she claims succes with Samento, but only in vitro(testtube), in quantities corresponding to those that in vivo(body) would be impossible to support or afford.
The publications are clear and open on this matter.

Martin Sievers is the head of the Molecular Biology section of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences and director of the Culture Collection of Switzerland.
He studied biology at the Leibniz University of Hannover, focusing on microbiology and biochemistry. Martin Sievers received his PhD from the Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel. In 1990 he joined the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, where he described Acetobacter europaeus, isolated from industrial vinegar fermentations, and Acetobacter intermedius, isolated from kombucha tea, as two new species.
In 1997 he moved to the Zurich University of Applied Sciences as a lecturer at the Institute of Biotechnology and was appointed Professor in 2002. He teaches Bachelors and Masters students in the fields of microbiology and molecular biology. Martin Sievers has also been involved in many research projects funded by the Innovation Promotion Agency CTI in Bern, Switzerland.�Projects carried out with industrial partners include work on the identification of wine lactic acid bacteria, expression of membrane proteins, and diagnostics and therapy for Lyme disease.

--------------------
"They that are whole have no need for the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance"(Mark 2.17)

Posts: 149 | From Amsterdam | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would Samento stimulate the growth of Borrelia?

Reason I ask is Dr K says that Vitamin D speeds up Borrelia's reproductive cycle (to more like 16-18 days vs 25+ days)

DOn't know how they know this.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought , I got more benefit from GSE and artemesia annua than 3 years ABX . I used artemesia annua from Herb Pharm. Both of these hit a wide VARIETY of organisms . Frankly , I sometimes do not know if we have identified the real pathogen (s) . I do believe these have been helpful and artemesia has multiple GOOD benefits - anticancer and others .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering if people stop at 6 months which is on the Cowden/Nutramedix website?

I'm finishing month 4 of banderol/samento/doxy.

The first few weeks I was doing well, but feel I'm relapsing now.

Not sure if maybe it's knocked out lyme and maybe the return of the headache, neckache and fatigue are bart. But have never had classic bart symptoms.

Hadn't heard of Sievers research and so now am skeptical of LLMDs going by Sapi's in vitro study since it's supposed to take a lot to do this in vivo.

Think I'll back down to 15 drops to finish out the last two months.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement