LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How is this for supplements?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How is this for supplements?
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 10 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went out today and bought some supplements, because I am SO TIRED OF BEING SO TIRED all the time. How does this sound?

Magnesium, I hear this is important.

B complex, because I also hear this is important!

Vitamin C, for trying the salt/c thing (can I use sea salt?)

milk thistle, I hear this is good for detox?

I also got a big old thing of epsom salts for a nice, hot soaking bath.

How can I expect these remedies to help me?

Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to take all of the above, but the only thing you'll actually feel is probably the epsom salt bath!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot probiotics, Accusomething 1 billion live organisms. I can tell that one's working already, solid today for the first time this week, LOL!
Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, what can I expect to feel from the epsom salt bath? Is it going to make me feel icky or better?
shachar
Member # 31825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shachar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out on the web:
Alpha lipoic Acid
NAC
very good for Lymes patients

Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofthis
Member # 31344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD says that CoQ10 helps with energy. I've been taking it and I defintely have more energy. Not sure if its from that or from just beginning to get well.
Posts: 41 | From Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B vitamins are great for energy.

Magnesium supports many, many functions. It will help with muscle cramps and spasms, for sure. Supports heart function and neurotransmitters. Increasing magnesium improves my sleep and depression.

Go slowly on Salt/C. You have to ease your kidneys into it. And discontinue if you experience low back pain or changes in urination. Or high blood pressure.

Milk Thistle is good for your liver. You probably won't feel any different, but you'll know that your liver loves you.

If you overdo the Magnesium, C or salt, you will have loose stools. Just back off on the dose or frequency if that happens.

This is a fine start. You may want to add an anti-inflammatory like Fish or Krill Oil. Also good for the joints.

When you restock your probiotic, try to find a higher CFU than 1 billion. See if you can find a 20 billion. Most of us take over 100 billion CFU/day.

Good luck!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

I actually did an epsom salt and peroxide bath last night. MAN, did I sleep good after that! I feel like I may be over the hump in dealing with this thing, finally! Now, it could very well be a "placebo" effect, but I'm pretty in tune with my body and this morning I have SO MUCH more energy than I have the past few months.

Something weird that is probably not the result of any of these things I am doing but the residual swelling of my ankles is GONE today. Completely gone, for the first time in nearly two months!

Could it have been that the symptoms I was still experiencing were due to toxicity and not the Bb still working it's ugly magic inside my body?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement