LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Those who use Bentonite or something like it for detoxing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Those who use Bentonite or something like it for detoxing
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been very good at detoxing. Bentonite has always been tought for me to handle. But have had low fever and been so much sicker. Doc said take lots of Bentonite - etc. Is it possible to do the BEntonite yesterday and feel slight improvement today? Or is it something that takes a lot of time before it helps?

Thanks,

Beagle

Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lada
Member # 32618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Is one method I'd like to try. Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I finally must show my ignorance: what does "Up" mean as a response? I figured it's a yes answer to question....but not sure??
Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Beagle,

Up just means that your question is being moved up so more people may see it and respond.

I am sorry I cannot help you with your question. I hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

OH! Thanks, Jane.
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried activated charcoal at all?

Epsom salt baths?

Lemon water?

I've never tried the bentonite clay but we use all of the above mentioned and they really seem to help.

Hope one of these may help!

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Mom, The Bentonite that I just started using has 200mg of activated charcoal & 3400 mg bentonite clay per serving. Is this enough?? It comes in capsules and I always avoided it due to constipation but it did seem to help a little bit after only a couple of days but wondered if that is possible or if it's all psychological!

Use to drink lemon water but had to stop due to stomach issues.

momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The activated charcoal that we take has 280 mg per capsule and we take 2 at bedtime.

I really don't know much about bentonite clay at all, unfortunately so I can't share any info there.

The epsom salt/peroxide baths have been a HUGE help in detoxing for us.

Have you given that a try at all? If you do try it, make sure it's warm and not hot.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bentonite helps with detoxin of pesticides but since what you are taking has charcoal on it that is very good it will help you to bind more toxins and metals so it will help for sure .
Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do find that bentonite makes you constipated, you could increase Vit C or magnesium or look at some herbs with a gentle laxative effect, such as barberry.

It is vital to have regular BMs when taking bentonite.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Thanks, I have not done the Epson salt baths, although LLMD suggested that also!

Thanks all for the help!

Beagle

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took bentonite with unflavored Metamucil
one to one ratio
chased down with lots of water

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it help? I started European green clay this past week. I've done some herxing. I take it orally. Leave it in water overnight with 8 oz. distilled water, and just drink the clay water in the morning.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and apple pectin are binders, they bind to the toxins and move them out of your system. The toxins are produced when you kill the bugs.

So to answer your question about feeling better so quickly, yes, these things are really, really effective. Nothing has worked better for me.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Bentonite with Psyllium-the Attogram brand offered by Whole Approach which is a Candida site. They have a very useful forum that may address some of your concerns.

I've been using it with a natural anti-fungal since January-I had to work my way up to 1 tbsp. 2x a day along with the psyllium because it can cause constipation if you go too fast.

Make sure you a getting a Bentonite that is safe to use. I know that some come from questionable sources.

--------------------
Just a catepillar, full of imaginal buds.

Posts: 143 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonne's #7 Detox (Bentonite Liquid)
Sonne's #9 Cleanser (Psyllium Powder)

1 TB Bent.
1 tsp Psyllium
6 oz Water
a splash of apple or cranberry juice (concentrate)

Mix it up quickly in a shaker cup and drink fast.
I do one of these EVERY morning. they really help. It's just overall good for you. I've been doing them for over 2 months and I can tell that THIS time when i combined this with my Parastroy/Salt-C regimen, I ACTUALLY got results of die off this time.

I didn't have die off symptoms before when i didn't use bent/psyllium together.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement