LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Just out of hospital after 7 nights in

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just out of hospital after 7 nights in
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was released on Saturday from my longest hospitalization ever. I spent seven nights in the hospital with a pretty serious exacerbation of Myasthenia Gravis. That is an autoimmune disease which was caused from having long term bacterial infections, Lyme and company.

I had missed some IVIG treatments over the last two months and it resulted in me being extremely weak and my breathing compromised. My pulmonary function test was so bad at times my breathing wouldn't even register on the machine, and they tried to pin a COPD diagnosis on me.

I'm home now, though they tried to send me to inpatient rehab. My home nurse came yesterday and said she can still work on inpatient rehab but I declined.

I feel a lot better physically but came home to devastating news so I have done nothing but cry hysterically since I got home.

My son, who has been in remission for just barely one year from both congenital and chronic lyme, joined the Army National Guard without my knowledge and is leaving a week from today. I won't see him for 8 months and he won't even be able to call home for the first ten weeks.

I am so beyond devastated I can't talk about it. I haven't even told my family because I can't bear to hear any of the crap I will hear like "it's good for him," "he's a man now," "you have to let go sometime" or any of that crap.

So please no one here say that either. I haven't even disclosed it on my Facebook page and I'm not ready to.

Aside from simply being heartbroken, I have no time to prepare, do anything, even get some needed things in order. I will be worried sick about his health status as I not certain he is boot camp ready. He is also one of my primary caretakers and one of my PCAs and I dont' even have time to replace him, not to mention I don't even feel safe without him.

My husband is cognitively impaired from Lyme and without Ryan I can't even imagine this house getting by. I don't know how i will live with the anguish of him being gone. I know I'm an overprotective mother but I'm EXTREMELY close to my children, and I can't stand to be away from them.

I am destroyed by this news. He leaves the day after my 50th birthday; one week from today. I am in shock.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy

I am so happy that you are finally home from hospital but so sad that you are so upset. I would be the same way you are without my girls. Even though they do not live with me I know they are a call away.

I will surely not say you need to let him go since I am the same as you are.

God bless and know I am thinking and praying for you and your family. I cannot imagine having the entire family with lyme. Much love and hugs. Ann

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Tracy. I'll be praying for his safety and health.

Mary

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you Tracy and prayers for Ryan.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heleneh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heleneh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for you and your family, Tracy.

Helene

Posts: 140 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tracy,
we may think things are falling apart.

GOD, knows they are falling in place.

Asking The Lord's Will be in your heart and
The Spirit in your body, for all things in our
mind should be for His Will, He is to be happy with you and provide a safe harbor..
Tracy, Rest your brian, and your body will follow, I hope you know we all feel deeply moved by your endurance with the hospital.
May you find a new day when you awake.
we struggle with you,as one,
I ask for healing and courage for you,
Blessings to your loved ones, wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, I'm so sorry your world has been crushed. I don't know what to say. I won't say anything about your son but I will tell you.....

some angel is going to come along and help with things your son took care of. I just know that when things looks so dark, there is light again.

I wish I lived near enough to say I'll come help you on good days for me. But that's not possible.

Life can hand us a bunch of crap and it's so hard when one has their health. But when one or two in the home are ill and there's nobody to pick up some slack....I can't even image.

I just don't know waht else to say but Let Go and Let God. Pray to him for help and strength.

Take care, Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2young2dieMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25434

Icon 9 posted      Profile for 2young2dieMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,
Have you asked your son why he decided to enlist? My son hates to hear me even mention my ALS dx or talk about my health problems. It feels like he doesn't care about me at all.

Then I remember when I was a child and my dad died suddenly. I was terrified that my mom would die too and leave me all alone.

I tell myself that no child wants to hear that their mom is dying so not dealing with it is a way to protect themselves. It's better than thinking my son doesnt care about me.

I hope you can find some peace with your son's decision and let him know that you support him. Try to get better so you can welcome him home healthy.

--------------------
Dxd ALS 3/2010
Dxd cllinical Lyme 4/2010
Positive for Protomyxzoa but absolutely nothing else in Igenex

Posts: 417 | From central ct | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Tracy, my heart goes out to you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,

your mailbox was full.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I hope things improve for you very soon.

Sending healing energy your way.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry life is hurting right now, I will be praying for you and your family.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear about your devastating news, Tracy.

Sending you hugs and prayers for your family.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs Tracy,

Will keep you both in my prayers.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry-teenage boys think differently. He might feel he needs to escape the "lyme world" and prove to himself he's "normal". They don't always make the right decisions.

I would be devastated too-I feel safer when my family is around.

Prayers

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i won't comment on your son.
i'm sorry you've been sick. just remember you have us.

wish i could come up and help out. maybe we could share hospital beds!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your responses. I will write more later.

One of my lyme friends I originally met here is planning to drive from Alabama and pick up another Lyme friend in Virginia and come stay with me until it's time for her 8 year old to start school. It will probably be for about two weeks by the time they get here and have to go back, as he starts in mid August.

Thank God for our Lyme Friends. My husband is really cognitively impaired and the best way is how Ryan describes it..."he's in his own little world over there.." so I feel I'm so on my own without Ryan. In fact if it weren't for Ryan I wouldn't have gotten home from the hospital because Blake had disappeared to go help a friend until 6 pm and never even thought to call me at the hospital and check on me or anything.

Oh God my heart is aching. I know it could be so, so, so much worse...but I need to be able to get through this pain anyway.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw dang, Tracy.

Still praying for you and Ryan and your dear husband.

The Lord will provide.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you ...you are an amazing woman Tracy...God's strength over you and protection !!!!
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,

if three people in a house are sick it is usually hidden mold.

Mold damages your frontal lobe, so you cannot understand the situaton and run away.

Maybe your son did feel the place was not healthy for him and he left.

When you are willing to talk about mold and
possibilities pm me.
My MG is just gone after the mold was gone.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about the bad news... praying God will give you the strength and peace to cope with the difficult road ahead.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about the bad news... praying God will give you the strength and peace to cope with the difficult road ahead.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much love to all of you.

[group hug]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Tracy, good grief!! Have you asked Ryan why he enlisted, as someone else suggested?

Why don't you ask him to reconsider. Tell him how you feel and how much you need him and are concerned for him. It may or may not change anything, but what do you have to lose? And at least you will let him know how you feel.

I agree with what someone else said, that it's too painful for a child/teenager to feel how sick their own mother and family is, so it's easier for them to pretend otherwise.

It's great that Lyme friends are coming to help you out.

I know that now is probably not the time you can address it, but I would heed the warning about mold, as you can.

I send you love and prayers for healing for all of you.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,

I'm so sorry to hear all you are going through. I find that when we are sick, changes in life are always more upsetting.

Dealing with a form of "empty nest" is always hard, but when you are sick too...wow...it is even more over powering.

The isolation we deal with in this situation is tough. I don't have any answers obviously, but I did want to just say that I DO understand. Hang in there, Tracy!!!

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement