LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question after I take Ceftin my heartrate goes up but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question after I take Ceftin my heartrate goes up but...
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
then when I take GSE it goes right back down. Has anyone ever experienced this. Any thought on what the GSE is doing? Could this be bad, in that the GSE is inactivating the ABx? thanks, j
Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be getting a bp heartrate monitor soon and will let you know.

I really do wonder though about the effect GSe has on the Ceftin. thanks j

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you decide to measure your heart rate, count your pulse for a full minute.

Medical personel with experience can count for 15 seconds and multiply by four, but this entails being careful not to add an extra beat at the beginning of the cycle, which throws off the count.

Are you taking a good magnesium supplement?
Low magnesium can cause pulse irregularities.

Grape Seed Extract, Interactions.
If you take any medicines regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using grape seed extract.
It could interact with drugs like blood thinners, NSAID painkillers (like aspirin, Advil, and Aleve), certain heart medicines, cancer treatments, and others.

Grape seed extract contains one of the richest sources of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC's), which makes it one of the most powerful antioxidants available.

Grape seed has antioxidant, antiallergenic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties and it can be instrumental in helping the body fight viruses, allergens, and carcinogens.

The bioflavonoids in grape seed extract help strengthen and protect cell membranes from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
Its antioxidant properties are considered to be stronger than those of vitamin C and Vitamin E.
It helps to repair connective tissue while promoting skin enzyme activity.
Grape seed extract aids wound healing by helping to regenerate damaged blood vessels and clearing harmful bacteria from the wound.

Grape seed extract is frequently recommended to combat macular degeneration, cataracts, and eye strain. Studies have shown that 300 mg daily reduces eye strain from prolonged computer use in 60 days.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029223_grape_seed_extract_health.html

Wow, this stuff sounds wonderful.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Wow that is interesting news about GSE...especially this bit...
"Grape seed extract contains one of the richest sources of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC's), which makes it one of the most powerful antioxidants available.

Grape seed has antioxidant, antiallergenic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties and it can be instrumental in helping the body fight viruses, allergens, and carcinogens."

Maybe indeed thats is what is happening to me? The high does of Ceftin (1000mgs) is caused a big die off that includes a faster heart rate and then the GSE brings down the inflammation from the die off. At least that sounds like a strong possibility. thanks for the info, jeremy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement