LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone here with SIBO?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone here with SIBO?
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have belching that occurs immediately following eating or drinking anything. Also, loosely formed stools and a total loss of appetite which comes and goes. I'll eat normally for a few days and then I'll have a few days of not wanting to eat at all. I have lost almost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks due to my lack of appetite.

Doc says maybe SIBO, maybe parasites. Also being checked for c.diff.

Thanks,

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is sibo?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jklynd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explained here:
http://www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/April06/SherrArticle.pdf

Author's website here:
http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/

Joe

Posts: 249 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had bad bacteria and parasites in my gut that caused lack of appetite, weight loss, diarrhea and a bunch of other symptoms.

I took Cipro for three weeks for the bacteria in the gut. Then my LLMD switched me to herbs. I got tired of all the various herbs, so took Humaworm because it also kills the bacteria I had. Ended up, I had tons of visible parasites.

I kept working on killing the bad stuff, then replenishing the good stuff with probiotics and fermented food for quite a long time. My gut is in good shape now.

I found that HCL helped tons with all my gut issues, too. http://www.drdebe.com/stomach-acid-assessment.html

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had SIBO, confirmed by a 3 -hour breath test. My symptoms were gas/bloat and smell, and burning. I did 10 days of oral Vancomycin which resolved most of it, except the burning. I tolerate almost no meds but did fine on the oral vanco because if stays in the gi tract, doesn't go systemic(unless maybe if you have leaky gut syndrome)
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Thanks for the information sixgoofykids and dogmom2. Sixgoofy, it sounds like our symptoms were similar. Did you symptoms of appetite loss come in cycles? For instance, no appetite for three days and then normal appetite for three days? Seems to be happening that way with me.

Thanks,

Lymers

maryland
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know those symptoms all too well!

What has worked for me is taking the following 2 meds 30 min before meals (2x/daily)
1. Levbid
2. Protonix

good luck to u!

--------------------
Bullsye rash: 1994, tx w/ ABT,
Symptomatic:1999
Hospitalization: 2004
Equivocol results (specialy lab) resulting in chronic use of ABT, herbs, etc ever since.
Severity of symptoms continue to worsen intermittingly.

Posts: 140 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymers, yes, I would be ravenously hungry and eat constantly (not really a normal appetite), then I wouldn't want to eat at all. In the beginning it was more of the ravenous appetite, but as time went on, it was almost a constant lack of appetite. For months I never wanted to eat and mostly lived on smoothies because any solid food was very upsetting to my stomach.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymers-

I have the belching that comes after eating or drinking anything too. In fact the gas in my chest is so bad that it must press on my heart somehow and gives me palps and chest pressure.

I am constantly burping. I also have stomach bloat and no appetite at all. Though my caloric intake is low, I cannot drop a pound.

I was diagnosed with delayed gastric emptying, but that is only a condition, don't know 'why' it is happening.

I suspect parasitic activity or bartonella. Candidia can also be the cause, but my panels are clear.

your "odor" may come from delayed gastric empting as our food ferments in the gut. Regalan is used for this.

Just ideas....oh, and I live on smoothies most of the time as well.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Sixgoofykids and feelfit...very interesting. Sounds just like me. Maybe the doc is onto something with this SIBO idea.

Sixgoofykids, did you lose weight due to your lack of appetite? I've dropped almost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks....not trying to lose weight at all.

Before this, I was always hungry and could never lose a pound.

Thanks,

Brooke

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yes, I dropped 15 pounds in 12 weeks. I was too thin.

--------------------

lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

This it all starting to make sense. Thanks for everyone's input.

Lymers

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement