LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » KPU - a huge missing link to detoxification

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KPU - a huge missing link to detoxification
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/hpu%202009.pdf

Scroll down to video

http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

Have you treated yourself for KPU?
(out of sheer curiosity)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been waiting to take KPU therapy because I heard (or read) that if you have a lot of mercury to detox, the therapy might be risky, i.e., too much detoxing too fast. So I'm waiting until I complete some natural chelation protocols before beginning this.

Does that sound right?

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey GiGi, I have been getting together all of the info on this, what to order, so on.
What I can't find is what to do for maintainence, I saw that you would do the protocol for 3-4 months. Do you just continue with Core? He says that less zinc will be required after. Do you know?

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if KPU is related to HLA-DR or the MTHFR gene mutation?
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperspeck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepperspeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there are abnormally high levels of porphyrins in the blood in a neurolyme patient is this something that is related?

--------------------
I found my original identity! It has been a bit over 12 years...can't blame me for forgetting my password, right?!!

Member red (Member # 1886)
70 posts

Posts: 164 | From NJ | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure the porph is also from toxins and from parasites but would also be interested if KPU can change it.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Canefan, I do not have a problem with KPU - one of the few. I also did not have a single food allergy on AI. My husband does. As I keep testing him for Core, I test myself.

RC1, It takes a long time to need less. Energetic testing helps to keep an eye on it. Sometimes my husband needs even more; sometimes less. But 4 Core most the time.

Have not run into anyone in two years that could stop the CORE as long as overall symptoms persist. Why worry about tomorrow. 80% of Lymies have KPU! even without white spots on nails. Do the test on www.HPUtest.de (English version).

Re gene mutations - listen to the whole video. DK explains it at length.

Pepperspeck, I don't want to answer this. Most is explained at length in the video.

The test is not expensive. I would suggest doing it - but doing it right: follow the instructions very carefully.

You cannot solve detox problems unless you solve KPU. Waiting to reduce the load if you are unable to reduce the load with KPU, why ask for crashing? hanging on to the toxins being reabsorbed and recirculated again and again, if you can avoid it. Does not make sense to me.

Again, take the time and listen to the video. It is a perfect explanation and it is free!!!!!!

Take care.

P.S. The KPU test at Vitamin Research costs $60.
Any good ART tester can confirm that also.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, regarding your comment that we can't detox until we do a KPU protocol, which I've never done, I'm wondering if you could comment on the meaning of my recent successful experience detoxing on a FIR biomat -

after 6 months sweating toxins out, I am finally able to start handling chemical smells and touch, and am very pleased, as I have had extreme MCS. Maybe there's different kinds of detoxing?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, perhaps you don't have KPU?

Do you have any heavy metal risk... amalgams (yourself or your mother) or renovating old buildings?

Here is another informative link on KPU:
http://www.liliasahmeira.com/austism/kpu-and-autism.html

(Lyme and Autism are many times the same thing)

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Robin, so glad you are now able to handle the smells, etc. That is a great step forward.

I am referring to the ability to have the agents on board necessary for detoxing all the way toward wellness/symptomfree and staying well. It took me five years to do that even without KPU being a problem for me. When the toxic burden is still high, it is very difficult to bring infections under control. All have to be addressed simultaneously. KPU and parasites are the biggest hindrance, as I can see it. AI plays a major role in detoxing heavy metals. I am still clearing toxic metals mainly out of bones, without any major symptom or problem.

Take care.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While not always easy at the beginning, KPU treatment has been a key part of my forward progress. I think one has to go slowly and carefully, but I do think this is a big piece of the puzzle.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys think KPU is right up there with parasites as one of the most overlooked aspects to Lyme Disease?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Unless you give the body back what it needs to have to put out the fire, i.e. zinc and company as contained in CORE, the struggle continues. Reducing the toxic load which is primary if you want to get well is the first order of business.

Most people on abx fail because they forgot or don't realize how much toxin they have accumulated. Car and dirty engine?

If you have KPU and don't address it, you are only adding more to the toxic heep. The body is unable to detoxify without adequate zinc and other nutrients/enzymes to activate it. Organ blockage and failure is the result. You need to treat both - KPU and parasites. The parasites are the "aircraft carrier" holding on to metals, fungi, bacteria, viruses, and more.

It is by now generally agreed upon by the experts that we are dealing with more than just Lyme.

Take care.

canefan17
Member # 22149

Thanks gigi
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The newer bit of info is that if you have elevated MMP-9, you should not start adding zinc or MMP-9 will only become more elevated. It would be wise to have your doctor check MMP-9 before adding supplemental zinc.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Scott,
Where can I read about zinc elevating MMP-9?
Thanks, R

chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me how is this different from the Methalation Protocol?

I know that also uses the B Vitamins.

Just curious.
Chootik

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

If you google 'MMP9 zinc' you will find lots of info that suggests:

Matrix metalloproteinases are a family of zinc and calcium-dependent endopeptidases

It may be the case that the body downregulates zinc as an adaptive response to keep the inflammation from going out of control and when you add zinc, you could be adding fuel to the fire - if MMP9 is elevated.

This has been discussed at a couple of recent Dr. K events.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Thanks Scott
R

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, or anyone - I remember once, at a candida group, we all tasted a small bit of some liquid. If we couldn't taste anything, that meant we were zinc-deficient.

Well, I was one of those who couldn't taste anything - it was bland, like water. Do you know anything about a zinc test like that?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the KPU test just a urine sample? That is what my MD did and it came back just saying neg. Does that sound like the proper test?
Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Hey GiGi,

Random question for you pertaining to KPU.

Dr K talked about it's better to do the urine test for KPU when you're under a bit of stress (since HPU tends to be higher during these times)

Well whenever I get stressed out or really worked up... I can literally SMELL my body odor emitting something. lol

It's the strangest thing but it makes me smell bad. What could this be? Could this be what Dr K is talking about?

Or when we get stressed do we release certain hormones that we could be smelling?

GiGi
Member # 259

Robin, The mineral tasting test went out the window several years ago. It was found to be inconclusive -- it didn't work.

Take care.

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very low zinc but if I substitute with just 5 mg I get sick for two weeks - is this the MMP9 problem? I probably need to test.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Karen,

Why not just take Knotweed or Turmeric or something that regulates MMP9 ?

: )

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think KPU is a huge piece of the puzzle for a lot of us. Thanks to Dr. K for his teachings, and to Gigi for reminding us all of this.

Scott - never heard this before. I had a major zinc deficiency, so have been treating with CORE for months (and zinc has come up in recent bloodwork:). But I do have elevated MMP-9. I have been suffering with major inflammation/infection in my mouth since a tooth extraction in early March. I've been going for ozone injections, neural therapy, etc. but the pain has been massive, as has the inflammation. Can't seem to relieve it.... maybe it has something to do with supplementing zinc with elevated MMP-9. Very interesting. Because I thought my jawbone was not recovering normally, I have been careful not to miss any Core supplements. Now I'm wondering if this is what may be triggering this insane inflammation (my gum and neighboring tooth throb with my heartbeat). I will raise this with my Seattle doc. For now, I think I will lay off the Core for just a few days and see if I get any relief. I think treating KPU is of critical importance, but I want to run this all by my doctor.

If anyone else has more info on this (as relates to elevated MMP-9), please share. Thanks.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remembered wrong... I just re-checked my bloodwork and do not have elevated MMP-9 (I have other elevated markers but not this one).

I still think it's an interesting thought that perhaps the body is down-regulating zinc to help balance out against an inflammatory response. I would imagine that it may relate to a lot more than just MMP-9. And I find it even more interesting that a lot of us have KPU/zinc deficiency. Obviously, heavy metal toxicity plays a role, but it makes me wonder what else causes this depletion???

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

What blood tests shows MMP-9 ?
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone on the core have problems tolerating the supplement?

Daughter has been on this supplement for over three months, took individual supplements before.

Notice lately that soon after taking 2 capsules, she feels dizzy. lightheaded, etc.

Thanks for any input.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
researching here. up for more conversation.
Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

I just started

1 cap once a day [Big Grin]

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have the cliff notes to the video? or an article that explains the things.

i am in far to much pain to watch it. 2 minutes i could maybe do, with a pause. 2 hours, no way.

i am really curious about the porphorin question pepperspeck asked except high in the urine not the blood....

also is there any way that a high carb diet would help symptoms of kpu.... and cutting them to low carb make them worse?

and does it have to be the coroporphrin thats high or can it be others?

any info is greatly appreciate. links to articles websites . thank you

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did do a search hear for kpu and it really didnt answer any of my questions. any other info appreciated.

--------------------

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Azure

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/images/stories/PDF/kpu_lymelighters_0110_presentation.pdf

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

thank you canefan. I still didnt see anything talking about the possibility of carbs helping or if porphorins other than the corpo can be elevated...

anyone know?

--------------------

canefan17
Member # 22149

For what it's worth - DR K in that video above talked about following SCD (specific carbo diet)

He's the pioneer of KPU at this point and advocates the SCD diet.

So maybe take a look at that diet and put 2 and 2 together would be my best advice.

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

someone is watching it for me again...

i googled...

is this scd?

�Foods to eat

�Fresh and frozen vegetables and legumes

�Fresh, raw, or dried fruits

�Fresh or frozen meats, poultry, fish, eggs

�Natural cheeses, homemade yogurt, dry curd cottage cheese

if this is the diet that he advocates for kpu... no way i could get enough carbs off that so i would assume that carbs do NOT help kpu?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement