LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone know reasons for pain in kidney area?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know reasons for pain in kidney area?
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 5 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have horrible pain in my entire back constantly for a long time. through this i feel even sharper worse pain where my kidney would be on the right side.

this is a stupid question but i know the adrenals are in the same area. they couldnt hurt right?

My mcs is really bad. I cant go to the hospital or have any kind of scan or ultrasound done. maybe i could get blood tests.

If I call my dr monday anyone know what i should asked to have checked?

maybe it is nothing. but that is not my luck.

[ 07-23-2011, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: AZURE WISH ]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew but it's all a mystery to me. I've been having kidney/UTI/nasty urine smelling since I decided to go after bartonella with first levaquin and then on to rifampin.

Haven't been the same since. But then again there's no sign of bart in my blood. It's much deeper than the blood, believe me.

If these parasites just traveled and lived in our blood.....life would have been so much easier the several years.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scrappy
Member # 25888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scrappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I mentioned (on more than one occasion) that I had pain in my back near the bottom of my rib cage near where my kidneys are, my LLMD implied that this is due to my adrenals.

I can't say what is causing your pain, however I get the impression that the adrenals could cause pain in this area.

Mine would be so pronounced at times that minimal pressure would make me jump, recoil, or even yelp.

Posts: 56 | From Down Here | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this go on for awhile and then blood appeared in my urine, just weeks ago. I had to change my medications. Turned out to be an adverse drug reaction because I had become sensitized to the protocol I had been on for a very long time. ONce my meds were changed completely to something different, the kidney/liver pain disappeared. Urine became normal again.

Hope this helps.
Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scrappy, were you having pain only? I've had UTI and problems with urine that is really screaming.

I know my adrenals were shot, but I also know more than adrenals were shot.I had a long list of things going. What you call multi organ sx.

When only one area or two is screaming I can read my body pretty well. It seemed this was connected to things besides adrenals. Especially since I was in the middle of 10 tubes of blood and a endro that said adrenals are fine???????

Fine my arse!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scrappy
Member # 25888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scrappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just pain/tenderness. No UTI of which I was/am aware (no problems with urine or urination).

However, this was not a constant pain. Only if I or an inanimate object pressed against my back.

A lot of it has abated. I have done, and continue to do, multiple things for adrenal support.

Posts: 56 | From Down Here | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can be many things (symptoms of back pain & itching skin) or could be Lyme active in kidneys.

IMO, having been dxd w/breast cancer that likely started developing 1-2 yrs ago, best to rule out any new non-Lyme developments.

If cancer is ruled out & sx continue, it's a good idea to re-check periodically because small tumors can cause sx but may be undetectable until they grow larger.

Sometimes meds can cause issues too. Some of them can cause secondary porphyria.

I believe itching can also be caused by yeast overgrowth. You may want to up your probiotics & avoid any carb intake, if not already doing so.

So sorry you're having a tough time. [Frown]

hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read on a parasite forum that if you have constant kidney pain or UTIs you should also treat parasites.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont have any utis. and i recently stopped abx because my body can no longer handle them (or much of anything else)

its interesting that u say it was your adrenals. I think mine went past broken lately (i am testing them soon. i was told to wait to day 20 -23 of menses so i have to wait)Every time i get extra stressed out some of my symptoms flare. extra stressed out is my life though.

My yeaast was real bad but has started to get better. i dont think its yeast its actually gotten alot better.

you mentioned one of the things i was worried about. I am not offically diagnosed(so i have no one treating me for it) but it seams i have porphyria. treatment of tbds has put me in really bad shape. I have had crazy itching lately ... is that a porphyria thing too? i never heard that before(i get really much worse if i cut my carbs too)

I do have a mcs dr who i think will help me address things like parasites if my body manages to heal enough to treat them.

I am so sorry you have breast cancer ALIG. It must be so hard to have to deal with so many diseases. [group hug]

Thank You for all your thoughts/experiences

[ 07-25-2011, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: AZURE WISH ]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement