LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can candida cause appetite loss and belching?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can candida cause appetite loss and belching?
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having a lot of gastro issues the last month. These range from an appetite that comes and goes, weight loss, major excessive belching (after I eat or drink anything...within one or two minutes of eating), also looser than normal stools.

Could this be candida?

Thanks,

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, yes.

Notice especially if the belching and other symptoms get worse after eating carbs or sugars, as opposed to eating fats or carbs.

For me, if I eat anything that feeds the yeast, I feel a lot of movements in my gut.

Look at the top of your tongue: is there a white or black coating on it?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White coating, yes.

Everything I've looked up on the internet seems to list food cravings and weight gain as symptoms.

I have weight loss and lack of appetite. Can candida do this, too?

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I know for sure that candida can cause weight loss, because the yeast eat up our food and leave little left for our bodies. This is especially true for carbs - since they can "steal" a lot of our carbohydrate calories from us.

If you stay away from carbs, like I am doing now, then you might still lose weight, because it's difficult to gain weight with a protein-based diet.

As per the appetite loss, I don't know that it's related to yeast (it might be, though). I have that too, but there are SO many factors that can cause appetite loss, that I don't even try to figure it out anymore.

For example, it could be due to the Lyme infection, or the abx we're taking, or the many supplements we're taking, or our restricted diets, etc.

Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to frighten you but it could also be c diff. from the ABX.
Hopefully it's yeast but if you get looser stools and cramping you will want to check your stool for c diff.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

One more thing - amoxicillin and Flagyl gave me loose stools, but doxy made them firm again. So basically it might be dependent on the abx you're taking.
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

I am in the process of being tested for c.diff. First test of three has come back negative. We'll see what the other tests say.

The lack of appetite/weight loss is scaring me. I've never had this happen before.

Lymers

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida can definitely cause terrible belching. Each time I got it during lyme treatment, I had terrible belching and bloating.

If you have a white coating on your tongue, you almost certainly have candida. Now, you need a prescription for diflucan to get rid of it.

And, you MUST eat the anti-yeast diet from now on or you will just get it again. See Burrascano Guidelines, page 34.

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

So worried that the appetite loss is from something super serious...like cancer.

I'll have an appetite for several days and then it completely disappears for several days. Is this a yeast symptom?

I will start following the anti-yeast diet today.

Lymers

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have babesia? That can cause really bad loss of appetite.

Excellent probiotics:

VSL#3
http://www.vsl3.com/order.asp

Theralac
www.theralac.com

Whatever you take, take at least 100 billion CFU's per day. Wish someone had told me that 10 yrs ago!

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

YEAST SYMPTOMS:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104816#000000

Stymielymie's thread
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000015

DIET, DIET, DIET is the key. Then, be sure to follow the 5 step plan outlined below. It was developed by my naturopath. It works.

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

I had babs...but it was successfully treated two years ago without reacurrance of symptoms.

Lymetoo, Did you have appetite loss and belching and loose stools as yeast symptoms?

Lymers

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No appetite loss though I wasn't very hungry while eating the yeast free diet!

How much weight have you lost?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

12 pounds in one month. No appetite.

Lymers

lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Carol in PA,

I don't have reflux. Just the belching and intestinal problems, loss of appetite, etc...
I am only taking some herbal treatments currently...bar-1 for bartonella and bb1 for lyme. Both by beyond balance, inc.

I can't think of anything else that could be causing inflammation in my stomach.

Lymers

lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Carol in PA,

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into each of them further.

Lymers

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Herbs kill my stomach. Can you leave off the herbals for a few days and see how you respond?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement