LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » H. Pylori again?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: H. Pylori again?
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had H. pylori about a year ago, which was treated with omeprazole, Biaxin, and amoxicillin for 2 weeks. I really thinks it's back.

My current protocol for babs is mepron, Biaxin, and Bactrim DS. Can I just add omeprazole and amoxicillin to hit H. pylori? I have the meds on hand.

Could being on Biaxin for a couple months have triggered H. pylori? Is this crap going to keep resurfacing the rest of my life?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H Pylori can come back. It's another tough one to completely eradicate.

Diet is important.

Look into mastic gum or GSE

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of an antibiotic triggering a recurrence of H. pylori.

Sometimes one treatment isn't enough to get rid of the H. pylori, and sometimes you can get reinfected with it the same way you got it the first time--contaminated food or water, etc.

Perhaps since you have had lyme for a significant period of time, your immune system is not working well and so you are getting this illness back again.

Lyme does weaken the immune system, just like AIDS my doctor said.

I would be afraid to just add the old H. pylori meds to what you are taking. Perhaps you are not suffering from H. pylori. You don't say what your symptoms are. Perhaps it is a lyme coinfection that is giving you gastro symptoms. It happens to a lot of us.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie, I understand that h-pylori can be passed from you to your partner, and back to you. I guess that's how people get it back again.

I used mastic gum (didn't know for sure I had h-pylori at that time), and it helped. Maybe you can use it until you talk to your doctor.

I check with my doctor or our pharmacist (great resource) for absolutely any addition of meds or herbs(important).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are your symptoms?

I tested positive for H. Pylori, did the exact same protocol you did for 2 weeks, felt like dog doo-doo the entire time.

I never had an ulcer, in fact I never noticed any symptoms of H.Pylori at all. But when I tried to kill it, all of the symptoms hit me at once.

Haven't retested yet to see if its "gone"

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satya
Member # 30218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Satya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennie,

I tried sending you a PM in response to yours but your box is full. Thought you might want to know... [Wink]

--------------------
Contracted Lyme 1999.
Diagnosed January 2011.

"The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don't wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy."
� Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 64 | From North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear jennie46,
H. Pylori is very difficult to destroy, and takes a minimum of 3 different antibiotics simultaneously to do so. I have done the Helidac Therapy, but the Tetracylene made me extremely ill. [toilet] I had to come up with my own combination. Biaxin is another I do not tolerate at all. [puke] After poking around online, I found Amoxicillin, Pink Bismuth (Pepto Bismol), Prevacid, and Flagyl could do the job.

I took the list to my doctor, who approved it. As others said, checking with your pharmacist is an excellent way to prevent serious interactions with medications and herbs you already are taking. [confused] Other supplements are very helpful in getting rid of that bacteria as well. Mastic gum was already mentioned, but sulforaphane that is naturally present in broccoli sprouts will also aid in destroying it. All you need is an ounce per day of that. Oil of Oregano would also be helpful. Die off is absolute Hell, though. [shake] I can no longer take Flagyl or Amoxy without having an intolerable impact on my digestive tract. [Eek!] H. Pylori is a spirochete like Lyme, so it is naturally more stubborn than many other bacterial agents.

Sincerely,
Jin

[ 08-05-2011, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Jin ]

--------------------
Celiac Disease (2007)
Candida Overgrowth (2006)
Thyroid Disease (2004)
Gallbladder Disease (removed- 2003)
Fibromyalgia (2001)
Ovarian Cysts (5 in less than 10 months - 2000)
Anemia (2000)
IBS (1999)
Acid Reflux (1999)

Posts: 369 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement