LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My house makes and keeps me sick ! Goodbye

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My house makes and keeps me sick ! Goodbye
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel Betterr away from home Period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes about three days to start really believing it but I can tel in the first day my body is no longer fighting against something

I have had to take long trips so it takes longer to recoup in those cases due to travel and stress exerting om myself

Amazing

We will see in s few weeks or months how it goes

[ 07-27-2011, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: springshowers ]

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy for you... and sad at the same time.

I know how this feels since I am living in a motel room while I pay a mortgage on a home I cannot live in.

Feel better and enjoy it!!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What symptoms go away SpringShowers?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seek

So much!!
I woke up now amazed at the crisp clear air and my crisp clear head and brain I am also free of fatigue and malaise And that horrid pain is all of a sudden near fully controlled with my meds which does not happen

Sleep Wow. Actually go to bed and actual sleep and wake up feeling like I slept

I am not sure how to feel or what to think I will go one day at
a time and will let Yoy all know if it continues

I will try to be careful even though post malaise is better too
but I feel like getting up and working out or biking or ....

Tears. Due to just amazement and somewhat fear that this will be taken away from me. I assume I will have ups and downs and have to clear out more toxins etc

I just wanted to share as others may want to try this too

Blessings to all

Things can always change
Do mot ever loose sight of your goal no matter how hard

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still amazingly better !
I am in awe and shocked and each day showing signs of improving . Reminding myself not to try to do too much
Got on exercise machine where I am staying along with family. Do far no regret at all.

Better appetite and sleep and strength too already

Clear body and brain

Pray it's the end for me ! I have treated it all else where so this has to be last thing!

I know this is it I feel it and I believe it

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring, I am so glad you are feeling better.

Some people, like you, are better just moving away from the mold. My son was that way. I still have him on antifungals and binders because I believe the mold is not going to fully exit on its own.

Some don't feel better moving away from the mold... that was me. They (also) need to take antifungals and binders to help get the mold out of their bodies.

I feel a lot better (3 months out) but know I still need to work on clearing these toxins out of my body.

Some (like my husband and my daughter) were never that sick to begin with. They still need to take antifungals and binders because those that are not outwardly sick may develop heart disease and cancer.

Again, I am extremely happy for you!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad you found a way to feel better. I am sosorry your house was making and keeping you so sick all that time.

wishing for your daily continued improvement [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is how I knew there was a problem in my house, I felt SO much better away. Mold is such a BIG piece of the puzzle for some of us. I'm glad you're doing better.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring, did you ever have your house tested for mold using air sampling? I'm curious if it revealed any real issues?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi there
I am sure I have some detoxing to do but now as I get rid of it it will not keep adding to my system and I feel so much better I can only think it will even get better after I start the detox process more.

What do you use for detoxing besides CSM and along with Anti Fungals. I do not think I need the Anti Fungals and just need to do some detox.

I am not even sure it is mold. I did not do an official inspection and I just do not even know what is going on and I am not having the motivation to go figure it out 100 percent for sure. I know I feel better away and I am leaving. And it could be even surrounding areas or outside or other things in the neighborhood .. I know two houses down had to move out years ago and were gone for 3 years while the whole house got gutted and redone for mold. I just found this out as my son was friends with the child there and they ran across one another and found out that is why he disappeared from the neighborhood. This was years ago and about 3 years after I got sick from my memory.

So well.. I have had some leaks in the years in my house but again who knows. I called someone who said they will just look around and see what it "looks" like and then give an opinion of whether they "think" it is an issue? I just can not imagine that is good enough to determine? I am confused about all the testing options and then the vacuum or dish tests and then to find out if it is a bad kind or not? Or does it matter for some of us? I am quite overwhelmed by the whole thing and just got out.!

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring,
I am so happy you finally believe what I said long time ago.
There are many others here who live in a sick building and could recover if they move.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations. No need to test--just leave. And don't bring much with you--nothing upholstered, maybe not even your clothing for now.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have taken several cruises and i feel so much better on the cruise.

i don't know whether it's the sea air, no stress, eating better or what, but it's amazing.

i've been to south america, bahamas, caribbean, mexico, it really doesn't matter where, but i feel better.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, we used to live in Texas. It is so humid there. Lots of mold. Have you tried using some dehumidifiers in your home? You might have to hire an environmental company first to find, fix the problem and remove the mold.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Yeah it is great. I do not want to test or go through all the figuring out. I just know I feel better away and i am done with it and not going back.

I only took a couple suitcases of personal items and a few outfits and am washing by adding some ammonia to the water. I read that works?

I am numb and not ready to fully accept it yet. But glad to hear others experience the same thing and look forward to what the future holds.

I would recommend going ahead and leaving your house for a few weeks and testing it out. It would be worth it and i wish I had known more back when.. but i can not change it now.

I tell you II just can not believe it.

I had tried to see how it would go with air purifiers and air cleaners and dehumidifiers and uv lights and all that but it made very tiny difference really.

And then I decided to open every window my home too and I did not care if the air ran or whatever and I noticed a big difference only if there was a lot of wind pushing new air through.. And that really really told a story.

Thanks all.. and I know others here have told many that this is something to look at. .I want to confirm that as true and add to the case that you should not ignore this part of the puzzle and
do not assume you have to have an obvious problem.

Just leave and test your body...

I have other things in storage and am not going to keep any of the old "stuff" except for expensive art and family memories.

It is ALL going.. I am done with it and ready to start over anyway and I am actually glad about it.

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Spring! Glad to hear that you're feeling better out of there this soon!

I always feel better when I leave 'home' too.... there has to be something to this!

Keep us up to-date on it all!

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring,

you are right. Do not take things with you unless you can wash them twice with Borax. It is cheap and in the shelf with the laundry detergents.

I put all other moldy things - which I needed to keep - in tight plastic boxes and put lots of borox in it. Only when I need it I open the box outside and then put it back.

In reality I did not need many of the old things again. But in the beginning it was so much to do
and the solution with the boxes was great.

I hope some more people would understand the toxicity of mold before they are dead.
Mold kills.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Also a moldy workplace makes everyone sick -
each person in a different way.

See my post in General of 07-07-2011.

springshowers
Member # 19863

I am so amazed at how "clear" my body and brain are.
I am walking around crying... and emotional ... and speechless...
and also.. wondering if this is real.? Will it last? Is it happening? And how will I feel in a few weeks.. months etc..

IF this is any indication...I near feel its a miracle.

No Joke. A miracle.... A Real Miracle...

momlyme
Member # 27775

My son went from a wheelchair and 0 energy...

to rollerblading, playing badmitten, and golfing.

He had a pillow fight with my hubby last night and I darn near cried.

I still can't get over the improvement... it's been a little over 3 months.

--------------------
May health be with you!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad you're both feeling better. Eventually the mold does detox out of the body, so don't be surprised or feel like you're backsliding. It's two years after my mold exposure, and mine is finally detoxing. It's not disabling like it was living with it, but it does feel toxic. Just understand that's what it is when it happens. I'd hate for you to think you're relapsing.

Since I'll get asked .... I know it's mold detox because I started taking oregano oil .... I started testing well for it suddenly one day and it kills mold. A week or so after I started taking it, my sweat started smelling like mold. I thought maybe it was my clothes, but then realized it was my sweat.

Now I'm releasing metals. My mouth tasted like it was full of pennies yesterday. I'm testing well for cilantro and zeolite. Things I don't normally need.

Your body will continue to get stronger. How long it takes depends on how long you were sick and how sick you were.

Congrats on feeling so much better!!!

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Congrats, this is not a miracle - it was just the mold.

It works for everyone in the same way.
Normally you feel better after three days, so on day four you feel that the mold was bad for you.
I would not worry about detox too much. You have time and can detox slowly.
If the detox is too bad, just take some days off.

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is checking air quality only a mold thing or would it detectother stuff.

say if the was a minuscual amount of oil or something?

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

only mold
there are other test for sulphur drywalls
and radon tests

maybe even tests for lead paint?

Lemon-Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemon-Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting...

One other way to test (maybe) would be to buy a fancy air purifier for part of the house that also works for chemical & fungal issues (such as IQ Air) and just stay in that area of the house. Their machines can be very pricey though.

One other thing to consider, although I expect not for the OP, but for those who say they feel better on vacations and such, is it may not be the house, but allergies and where you live. Pollens, air quality, etc. of course vary by region. I know when I have gone down South during warm months I feel miserable, so expect anyone down there with allergies may feel better when they go away.

Posts: 584 | From NY | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Did Springshowers really get that far away from her residence to experience differences in allergy triggers? Hmmm..

quote:
Originally posted by Lemon-Lyme:

One other thing to consider, although I expect not for the OP, but for those who say they feel better on vacations and such, is it may not be the house, but allergies and where you live. Pollens, air quality, etc. of course vary by region. I know when I have gone down South during warm months I feel miserable, so expect anyone down there with allergies may feel better when they go away.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:

In my case, no. When I got rid of the moldy bed (if you have a Sleep Number bed, CHECK IT!), I felt better at home, too.

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One other thing to consider, although I expect not for the OP, but for those who say they feel better on vacations and such, is it may not be the house

Also, some people feel better when they go on vacations without their spouse.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I will be going back to my home state and neighborhood in Aug for a couple weeks. But not staying in my home. I guess if there is something to the climate or environment such as allergies etc that are specific to that area I will find out then.

Thanks for the comments on detox and feeling worse again at some point as that happens. I can see what your saying and I am sure its true..

For now.. . day by day..

springshowers
Member # 19863

So now I am noticing my skin is getting so much better. I used to have these bumps on my face like little cysts under the skin and also acne looking bumps but they never were really like acne. Also redness and blotchy and also even little growths that looked like fungal things and I could pull off skin growths right on my face. It was weird. Now its all smoothing out and I can tell how its improving.
i also had a toenail fungal issues for years that was impossible to get fully 100 percent rid of and I tried medications and natural things and rife consistantly has gotten it fully under control if I rife consistently. I can tell when away from my home that the nails are going differently and its not trying to gain ground but they are growing out and without me working at it now.? I am going to keep rifing now but I usually have to do it two times a week and i skipped a couple weeks and i can see the improvement.

So i am seeing big changes and improvement and also smaller more sutle things as I think my body is more free to work in a different way. I think my immune system is more freed up to do different things.

It is a weird feeling. I hope it continues. Still doing well..

I wake up in the morning and I lay in bed looking around in amazement as i get up and walk around without all the same symptoms I usually fight and battle in the morning esp. I do not feel poisoned anymore. And ironically my family used to ask me how it felt to be sick and I said it was like having blood poisoning because I felt it head to toe and it felt like it was in my blood stream or along all the nerves..

Maybe I was right all this time.. Maybe I have been poisoned in a way i never even was aware or knew all this time.

Anyone else out there who has been able to move away and feel better. I see a handful who have responded here but I amazed there are not a ton more??

Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonardjio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, mold can do all these things. I know by experience. Yeast inside and mold outside can kill you. Specially when you have become allergic to mold and the rest.

But could radiation play a role here too?
I know these days lots of people turn their home into a toxic place because of the wireless systems.

It often is much worse with radiation in the homes than outside and it depletes your immunesystem. It can truly make you sick.

So everything on a wire again is the solution here.
Greeettzz

--------------------
"They that are whole have no need for the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance"(Mark 2.17)

Posts: 149 | From Amsterdam | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Leonardjio - do you mean radiation or EMF?

I agree with keeping everything on a wire. Wireless internet, especially if you have mold can magnify EMF and multiply mold.

Here is a great video on Electromagnetic Fields: Mold, Lyme Disease and Autism

http://www.ihealthtube.com/aspx/viewvideo.aspx?v=2829ee3a75d313fa

--------------------
May health be with you!

karenl
Member # 17753

Seek,

mold is not an allergy but as Spring writes it is real poisioning. Blood poisioning and most people get skin problems like acne and eye problems and often hair loss called aloplecias.

Jin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear springshowers,
OMG! I have acne that itches and burns that seems to get worse no matter how often I wash my face or apply astringents! I have suspected mold for quite some time. Affordability is why testing has not been performed, as well as the unwillingness for my father to remove his head from that imaginary world where he knows everything. LOL! During the ice storm of 2009, we had to stay somewhere else for several days.

I had diarrhea for a few days, but then I began to improve. My brother noticed I was not laying around as much. Within a few days after coming home, the feeling of faintness and fatigue returned. We were talking to the neighbors recently about having mold, and they said they have trouble with it as well. Humidity is very high here since we live by the river. Severe weather is frequent, so torrential downpours accompany the tornadoes regularly.

A dehumidifier helps, but we still have mold beneath the wallpaper in the bathroom. It is black, but the mold in the living room from when the roof leaked is an odd blue-green shade. I learned that the more toxic molds tend to be these colors. Mold also has grown in the dehumidifier itself at times, as well as in the toilet bowl in the basement. Even if you put bleach on toxic mold, it is still going to make you ill. Dead spores are as dangerous as the living ones.

Aspergillus, Stachybotrys, and Penicillium are the most toxic. However, Cladosprorium and other molds can be just as bad for anyone like me with Candida. An alumnus of mine from college actually lost a kidney from being exposed to mold in her workplace. These things are overlooked most of the time, and downplayed in their importance. Ed McMahon, Lou Ferrigno, and Rachael Ray are just a few celebrities who were impacted by exposure to it. It is very likely the mold is what brought on Ed McMahon's cancer.

Dear sixgoofykids,
My sweat smells like mold most of the time! That may not be a bad thing, though. This may prove that I am able to detox on my own! What do you think? Avoiding peanut butter definitely helps reduce it! Aflatoxins are so dangerous! Now, if I can just find a way to get out of this house!

Sincerely,
Jin

[ 08-05-2011, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Jin ]

--------------------
Celiac Disease (2007)
Candida Overgrowth (2006)
Thyroid Disease (2004)
Gallbladder Disease (removed- 2003)
Fibromyalgia (2001)
Ovarian Cysts (5 in less than 10 months - 2000)
Anemia (2000)
IBS (1999)
Acid Reflux (1999)

Posts: 369 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
momlyme: The wireless EMF's are radiation--they are microwave radiation (like the ones the microwave ovens make to cook food)--so I imagine Leonardjio and you are talking about the same thing.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A week or so after I started taking it, my sweat started smelling like mold.
The sweat generated from my underarms smells like vinegar. And the weird part is, I don't consume any vinegar. I wonder what that means.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonardjio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
momlyme:
Leonardjio - do you mean radiation or EMF?

Hi Mom,
I meant the digital radiation that is caused by DECT telephones(wireless and worse) and wireless internet, so people can have acces to the www in their toilets.
But I guess you already assumed this.

--------------------
"They that are whole have no need for the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance"(Mark 2.17)

Posts: 149 | From Amsterdam | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

quote:
momlyme:

I agree with keeping everything on a wire. Wireless internet, especially if you have mold can magnify EMF and multiply mold.

Here is a great video on Electromagnetic Fields: Mold, Lyme Disease and Autism

http://www.ihealthtube.com/aspx/viewvideo.aspx?v=2829ee3a75d313fa

Thanks mom, scary stuff on the video. More motivation to get rid of the ambient cell phone(Dect).

Transcript: "Electromagnetic Fields
Interview with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
Interviewed by Dr. Joseph Mercola

Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt: "Now I�m going to make this link and then we get into the solutions. Now I�m going to make the link to the electromagnetic fields. An acquainted physician in Switzerland, who is the main mold researcher in Europe, made a beautiful experiment. He grew mold cultures under a Faraday cage, simply like a silver- looks like a mosquito net that is made out of silver coated cloth that�s been draped over the mold culture. He measured how many micro toxins, how many toxins are these molds producing on a daily basis, very easy to do. Then, he lifted the mosquito net and exposed the mold culture to the ambient electromagnetic radiation in his laboratory, which was caused by the lights that were on, the computer in the corner, and especially he found that later the ambient cell phone radiation from the nearby cell phone tower that was broadcasting cell phone radiation, he found out that the production of biotoxins in this culture went up more than six hundred times. Not only that mold simply put out more micro toxins to protect themselves, but also much more viscous, more poisonous micro toxins.

I took that experiment, as it was for me a big light bulb went on. And that is when you have a mom, I bring it back now to the mom that has maybe low grade lyme disease, clinically not relevant lyme disease. She has infection, there are a few microbes in there that shouldn�t be there, but mom is doing well. Now, you expose this mom to significant amounts of electromagnet fields of the same nature as in this laboratory in Switzerland. The molds inside us the lyme spirochetes inside this mom suddenly believe they�re being attacked or they feel they�re being attacked. And their response to that attack with the only mechanism that they have, that is to produce more potent biotoxins and more biotoxins and more potent biotoxins and, with that, suddenly mom�s system is overwhelmed with biotoxins and also the molds and the spirochetes and the micro plasma starts multiplying. They think they�re being attacked, they�re threatened to be extinguished and so they�re response is to make more babies so there�s more of them so chances of the genes to survive are higher. It�s a simple, pure biological response that can be seen anywhere in nature.

And so, what we have now, to give you some numbers- I know that, Jo, you�re familiar with this, we know that in the last twenty years if you measure the density of electromagnetic fields that we�re exposed to, if you measure the amount of cell phone radiation in a cubic inch of air, it is now several million times higher than it was just ten years ago, millions of times higher than it was ten years ago. These are unbelievable exposures and, as you�re familiar with the research, the true research done on cell phone radiation shows it is not safe. There are significant biological effects inside the cells that cell phone radiation disrupts the communication inside the cell membrane, the whole kinase, the mechanisms that we have to transport signals from the cell wall to the DNA and backwards. It has been shown that cell phone radiation exposure to a fetus tweaks a number of genes, exactly what we find in autistic kids, and so forth.

And so I am postulating, and I can back it up with my clinical results, that the combination of mom having low grade infections, may just be viral, mold, yeast, or it may be lyme disease, that this mom that is pregnant today is exposed to millions of times more electromagnetic radiation than she was just ten years ago and the increase of electromagnetic field exposure, in combination with the growth driving effect it has on the micro biome in us, explains the incredible avalanche of children with neurodevelopmental disorders, not just autism that we�re seeing right now. And so this puts the point of intervention much earlier, before a mom gets pregnant. I want to establish, does she has lyme disease? Does she not have lyme disease? If the answer is yes, she needs to be treated during the entire pregnancy. Secondly, during the pregnancy, I can do one of the things by decreasing the electromagnetic field exposure.

--------------------

Leonardjio
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32906

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Leonardjio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karenl:
Seek,

mold is not an allergy but as Spring writes it is real poisioning. Blood poisioning and most people get skin problems like acne and eye problems and often hair loss called aloplecias.

Hee Karen, Mold is an organism but you can be very allergic to it, which will amplify the problem many times. When allergic and exposed to mold, it can make you utterly insane and overemotional.
It can trigger depression, anger and confusion. [Frown] [Mad] [Eek!] [confused] [cussing]
So it is not this or that, its this and that.
And yeah, seriously toxic too. [dizzy]

--------------------

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be honest. I have been a bit skeptical about the mold issue. It seems that once someone gets Lyme they no longer can be around mold, electromagnetic fields, chemicals and the list goes on. It has always seemed a bit crazy to me.

Having said that, I also moved from my bedroom which was right next to an open bathroom (where I later found black mold way down in the sink) to a bedroom that is nowhere near a bathroom. I sleep 10 times better and I feel better over all. It could be a coincidence but I definitely noticed a difference.

Regarding the pimple type weird things on the forehead..... I also have that. It got better when I went on the low fat, plant based diet. My skin in general was better, even ugly spots looked better. Are you still on that diet?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jubilee
Member # 30343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My house also makes me sick--mold that I remedied, but couldn't get completely rid of and also very high wireless. But the last 4 places I lived didn't seem to have mold, but I found it after I moved in. Even a professional mold evaluator that took air samples didn't detect problems at one place.

Any more ideas on how to find a clean place to live that doesn't cost a small fortune?

Posts: 89 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

How about an update Springshowers? It's been a LONG time. [Smile]
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All-- I too had mold last fall and had to move out get it remediated-- thankfully it was not in the walls. It was through the ac system-- old system- never again! Well, they put in a dehumidifier but I live in the deep south and humidity is a real problem. The whole house dehumid has to be augmented with an upstairs portable - and it has made ALL the difference. I was told to keep the humidity at 50 and below percent to avoid mold. So far so good... God bless all of you... it can be a real trial...
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Colorado, we're not supposed to have this problem, per doctors, insurance rep and husband.. How can I get this checked??? A friend of mine has always asked if I felt worse where I live.... Who do I call.. ???
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

In order to check for mold, I used the ERMI test from mycometrics which is a vacuum test or a cloth test. This test the dust in your home. The theory is in that if it is in the dust, then at one time it was in the air.

The test from mycometrics cost $290. I heard that EMSL offers the test for half that price. I have not confirmed that... I heard it on a mold forum.

The ERMI scale runs from negative 10 to positive 20... My home was a 20.3 so obviously, we had a problem.

The issue I had with this test is that it gave me absolutely NO IDEA where the mold was coming from. I could not see it or smell it...

We then, hired a professional to evaluate the house. That cost me $1700. I have heard others pay much less than that.

The major problem with mold testing is that it is much like testing for Lyme... there are false negatives... and I would say there are NOT false positives.

Plus, there are no safe levels for mold. Some are highly sensitive, some are not. Some molds are much more dangerous than others.

Mold is not recognized by most doctors to be as harmful as it really is. Most think that mold can cause allergies... but not anything else. The symptoms mold can cause are so vast... mold can affect every part of the body.

We were all so sick when we were living in that moldy house. I pray that anyone who feels that their home MAY be making them sick, takes a chance and leaves the house for a trial period.

This Sunday, October 16th marks 6 months out of the moldy house. We have been in a motel room for most of that. Except a couple of weekends that we spent in tents.

My health and the health of my family is worth much more than the material things we possessed.

This is a good group to learn in. Really caring people. Not too technical.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/moldrights

You would be amazed how many of the active people in that group also have Lyme.

I believe my son had Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia and high mercury levels all his life. He was born with that.

I finally got tested and I have all those things.

Neither one of us were REALLY sick until the mold got us. Sure, we had symptoms here and there. But they were not debilitating and obvious until we were poisoned by mold!

If you suspect mold you probably have it. The cheapest "test" you can do is moving out.

My son was VERY sick until we moved out. He had trouble walking, talking, reading, moving, thinking, playing, living, etc. He lost most of his 11th year and some of his 12th... then we moved out. He missed all of 6th grade.

He is back in school. He is running track, on the golf team, a bowling league, the band, "All County" chorus, he ran for president of his class and won, he is running a fundraiser for the class, and he is enjoying life.

It's nice to have him back.

It's amazing to see how much all of our health has improved. I could go on and on... I don't want to bore you.

Please, don't overlook mold as a possible contributor to your dis-ease.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement