LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Weird reaction to detox bath??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird reaction to detox bath??
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...I just took a detox bath. Everything was going fine then all of a sudden, I HAD to get out of the tub. I don't really know how to describe it other than I just felt really funny.

Now, I'm lying here and my legs are very hot. Almost feels like a sunburn would feel except I don't have sunburn.

I feel like my insides are shaking and I'm weak, especially in my hands.

I've taken numerous baths and have never had anything like this happen.

Any ideas what's going on? Could this be from the bath? Or just coincidence?

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay...this is weird! Now I am having twitches and tremors. I also have the sudden urge to eat. I'm not even hungry but I feel like I need to eat something.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HYPOGLYCEMIA!!

Have you checked your blood sugar levels? Have you not eaten enough today? Have you eaten something recently that has a high glycemic index?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Sugar is fine! This is just weird.

All I do all day is eat!! LOL! But I'm usually hungry when I want to eat. Now it is like I feel the need to except I'm not hungry. Does that even make sense? I hope so!

And nope...no high GI foods.

--------------------

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, depending on how hot it was, I believe blood pressure can drop and give you a weird feeling.

The hunger thing would definitely be a blood sugar thing though. I think James is on to something

You used the good food grade right?

Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Food grade? What are you talking about.

--------------------

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's talking about what you put in the detox bath.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I just have to say, the symptoms you described sound 100% exactly like my symptoms when I have hypoglycemia. If this is not it, I'd be very curious to learn what you have.

Remember that the level for hypoglycemia is different for everybody. So, for example, one person might start having symptoms at 60, while another one starts having symptoms at 70.

I used to start having symptoms at the higher end of the spectrum.

Did you start taking anything that might modify your insulin response?

momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a reaction similar to that when the water was too hot. I didn't realize at the time it was too hot, but Keebler had mentioned something in the past about the water being too hot can put too much stress on adrenals.
Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

I used to get severe hypoglycemia all the time. It is one of the reasons I had been trying to get in to see an endo. That and problems with my thyroid.

This felt different. But I went ate some left over kale and a piece of a turkey burger. I'll see if it helps but this just doesn't feel the same as when I am hypoglycemic.

The burning in the legs doesn't fit that either...at least it never happened to me in the past when my sugar was low.

I usually start to get symptoms when I hit 70 but I've gotten to as low as 40 before getting symptoms in the past...only on a few occasions usually while at work.

Not sure James. I haven't eaten anything different and the only new thing I started recently was the A-bart. Everything else is pretty much the same.

The water didn't seem too hot but I do know I have adrenal problems so I wonder if that could be part of the problem.

My pressure does run low and I guess that could be part of it. I don't know!

I do know that I just got really freaked out and my right eye is twitching like crazy now and the shaking is just annoying. It isn't all that bad but I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep.

My legs are still burning too and now I feel like I need to bang them on the bed.

Lol. This is crazy.

--------------------

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My legs and feet were burning the past could days... My sleep was also anything but good.

Sometimes I get in these modes where I try too many different things at once. This seems to throw my body into a tizzy.

I personally think the burning had to do with a couple things. One I don't have any food grade peroxide so I have heard there are a lot of chemicals in there (possible burning)

I think my adrenals were secreting too much cortisol which in the past makes me sick and burning limbs.

Maybe your story is similar or correlates?

Hope you are doing better
Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Fuel - I would never bathe in non-food grade. It's just way too dangerous. Are you still doing this?

Philly - Did your problem go away today?

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of a lot of people on this board suggesting that 3% hydrogen peroxide (yes, in the brown bottle) is fine to put in the bath tub.

I'd have to do a search to find the threads but I don't have time I gotta go to work.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Still not sure what it is James but I think I'm leaning towards the water being too hot and stressing my sdrenals. And here's why.

I was at work today and was crazy busy for four hours dealing with a trauma. Around three, when I finally had a minute to think, I got the exact same sensation I had last night. I HAD to sit down and I was told I looked pale....my legs were burning and I started shaking on my insides. Checked my sugar and it was fine at 86.

I got up and walked outside for a minute just to get away from all the craziness. After a while, I started to feel a bit better but I was extremely fatigued the rest of the day.

I was thinking about what similarities existed between the two incidents and what momintexas said just made sense. I've been up 6am...took my son to an appointment with a geneticist...dropped him off then went to work to be greeted with a trauma upon getting there.

That HAD to have placed tremendous stress on my adrenals.

I think I am coming to the realization that I cannot continue on like this. Sure...I have my days where I lie around and "do nothing" but even those days I'm still waking up at 6:30; cooking breakfast for me and my son; dropping him off at camp; and cooking lunch for myself and dinner for the family.

I've realized this is just too much! I'm kinda depressed b/c now I've come to a point where I need to make a decision. If I continue doing things the way I am doing them, i'm gonna end up collapsing one day.

I just got my saliva tests back not that long ago and I'm in adrenal exhaustion. My cortisol levels are low ALL throughout the day. And I mean low.

As soon as I have a somewhat "good day", I over do it and end up right back where I started with the fatigue.

I'm gonna have to figure something out b/c I'm gonna end up getting worse instead of better. I'm working 40hrs week at the minimum....two twelve hour shifts with no official break and two 8 hour shifts. Again...with no break.

I eat at my desk as I'm writing on charts....forget to take my meds at the scheduled times when working...and by the time I get home I so completely exhausted that I can't fall asleep. If that makes any sense.

Sorry. Now I'm rambling. But this is all just a lot for me to handle right now and the fact that I had two of my coworkers tell me I need to take a leave of absence has really made me wonder what the hell I'm doing.

Anyway, I really do think this is just my body telling me to slow down.

--------------------

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is common for ppl with high toxin load to feel bad after detox bath

i had a friend not be right for a week

he had too much metal in his mouth and bad root canals

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

I feel bad for you, Philly. I agree that you're probably doing way too much.

Have you tried taking NT Factor Energy? Fuel and I love it. I think it helps boost the adrenals tremendously.

Also maybe consider herbs that support adrenals. (I'm sure you've already considered this, I'm just double-checking.) I've tried: adreset, DFH adrenal complex, and adaptocrine. I like adaptocrine because it's just a bunch of healthy herbs.

You probably need to take a big break.

I HATE deciding which things to give up in life. That has always been some of the worst moments in my life.

philly78
Member # 31069

I ordered a couple of things but haven't tried them yet. One just came today.

My mind is like mush and I cannot even remember but one of the products was the rhodiola. The other one I cannot recall.

I could give the NT factor a try. How do I even order it? You are referring to the one by researched nutritional's? I couldn't figure out where to get it from.

Ipkayak...I've thought about the toxin load thing but I would think it would have happened prior to this. I only have filling that I got when I was kid. Other than that, my teeth are in good shape and I'm not sure what, if any metals I may be dealing with. Although I'm sure it does contribute in some way.

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

You need a doctor's prescription if you want to order the NT Factor direct from researchednutritionals.com.

Alternatively, you could do like I do and just order it from Options Naturopathic Clinic (forgot the web address). They have the exact same prices as RN, plus free shipping. Plus they ship from the East coast, as opposed to the west, so you will probably get it a lot faster.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement