LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » this is a man's question for a friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this is a man's question for a friend
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do enlarged testicles go along with lyme? or is it normal as a man ages...

i just don't know

he has some lyme sx...but is still well enough to work. he has some cognitive issues affecting his work...but physically fine. well some aches and pains-but still plays softball. but troubles with erections (which i'm pretty sure goes along with lyme from what i've read) and now he describes a new "largeness"

any info appreciated...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since the age of 19 (in my 30s now) I have this pain that comes and goes. Have had it checked many time and they dont find anything...not sure if it get enlarge when it hurts...did not known they could get enlarged...my advise will be check it checked...
Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he should see a doctor too. May have nothing to do with Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he did go to doc and doc said no problem but he is worried cuz it is different

many docs don't understand lyme stuff si i thought id ask here

when i googled it it mostly sounded not a big problem...cance shows up more as a growth added on...not the whole thing getting bigger

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could google for scrotal edema.
A doctor who specializes in Urology may be able to diagnose him.

Although men with Lyme often have testicular problems, no one seems to know why.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your friend feels that he has enough Lyme symptoms, and something is different, in addition to his testicular problem, I would urge him to get to a doc in your area that could get him tested through Igenex.

Before that, there are numerous Lyme symptom checklists that he could use online, to see if he should be concerned.
I honestly have no idea what the issue you are describing could be, but if he went to a doc, and the doc said he's ok, but he doesn't feel right, he should see another doc, LLMD or not.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my reg MD said its likely from the extra bacteria and toxins.. said if pain in urination starts let him know,could be an infection
lyme doctor look at my boys and said they will return to normal after treatment..its interesting as where there is no blood like the eyes the bacteria hide there from antibiotics in blood... same in sperm? is it loaded with lyme, and thats why the doctors say yes to sex..
but, what person would want to recieve or give that to their mate..): no jokes please.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He really should see a urologist and insist on an ultrasound. Cancer is more commonly seen as a lump on the surface of the testicle but can start inside the testicle and thus present as enlargement and hardness. also, as cancer displaces more and more normal tissue, testosterone levels can drop. An ultrasound is needed for a definitive diagnosis. An excellent website dealing with these issues it tc-cancer.org.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

thans to all. i'll try to answer some of what you said

1. HE is not lyme literate and not really open to he might have lyme...he works in a hospital and gets a ckup each yr (by ducks i'm sure) but he thinks if he had lyme they would find it...its me that sees the lyme sx in him...but he rejects it

he is not a close friend-not in a relationship with me-not a relative-so i am limited in what i can do to help

he did complain to me about the size(ok-we have this special relationship-i don't talk to most aquaintences about that...) and i again brought up he had some lyme sx and that guys with lyme have troubles with ED and i again urged him to go to llmd---this has been going on a yr or so---but he still thinks if it doesn't show up in his ckup he is ok

so thanks---i'll check out that site david...and payne that is the kind of info i was looking for-to see if it was lyme related

and i'll check out the edema and maybe mention a urologist

so thanks a lot. you came thru with what i needed. i will make the contact and then it is up to him. it concerns me but i know we cant save everyone...thanks again. hes a sweet guy and scared...but it is so ingrained in us that the doctor is right...that is until we get lyme. and then some of us figure it out

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get that. I have a very good friend who is having all kinds of symptoms. He has really bad GI dysfunction, in addtion to back pain, lethargy and whatnot. He's been to almost 50 docs, to no avail. He keeps getting a clean bill of health.
He is just not open to the idea of Lyme. I have gone pretty far in pleading with him about all this, and he insists that he's been tested and it isn't Lyme. He just doesn't want to hear it. It makes me absolutely crazy, but at the end of the day We're friends and I have to respect him. Even though I would like to knock him out and drag him to a LLMD, get proper labs done and force treatment on him.
What you say is 100% true. We are programmed to believe all doctors as an authority on all things. It just isn't so. Just bad mechanics in white coats....grrr.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

lymeboy-thanks for your answer

it helps so much to go on here and find others who "get it" whether it is what we are going thru or what others are going thru and our frustration in trying to help them

i've learned it is better to be alone than to be with someone who doesn't "get" lyme...it is just so stressful

but for about 3 yrs me and another lymeie spent a lot of time together and having that close understanding is very special

i live in ocean cty...but i am up in nh now. my son is down there and says its really hot! most days here its 70 and breezy...ahhhhh.

thanks for replying

as far as my friend above...after hearing from the new guy(new post-similar subj)...i wish i could slip him some bactrim and see what happens....but i wont. i'm allergic to bactrim...not a good idea.

--------------------

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bettermedicine.com/article/enlarged-testicle

ONGOING inflammation as the result of an infection can lead to cancer...ultimately.

There is an enormous link between inflammation and predisposition to cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994795/ scroll down to cancer and inflammation

Or very current:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110419091159.htm

Treatment:
1.alleviate the infection,
2.reduce inflammation, and
3. relieve pain, swelling and fever (if applicable)

ALL!!!

Locally, an ice pack for 20 minutes at a time might help.

Systemically, OmegaBrite would help.

A few years ago, Romanian doctors cured early onset lyme with IV abx. AND HUGE doses of IV MgCl.

Magnesium is an anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine and it is a HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (like statin drugs to lower cholesterol).

About histamine:

Rantinidine Bismuth Citrate cleared all forms of Bb from the GI track - only. That is Tritec. It can be compounded here. Rantinidine is Zantac, a H2 receptor blocker (histamine 2 receptor). Bismuth can NOT be given any other way than orally and it only effects our GI system.

It would be nice if our starving infected defense cells had some help.

In steps caprylic acid (in coconut oil). In the liver (healthy/capable?) it converts to BHB which is considered a ketone (but really is not). This (BHB) can also cross the blood brain barrier where it enters the cells "powerhouses" called mitochondria.

There BHB enters the citric acid cycle in the powerhouses and this helps those cell make more ATP.

That is the goal.

That is how the "medicinal food" called Axona works for AD.

It takes TIME...LOTS OF TIME.

Probiotics every day...always!!!

It takes Mg and Ca to MAKE our antibodies...healthy ones. Mg levels plummet at the outset of lyme.

The test for lyme depends on the presence of our antibodies.

Get his Mg level back up (supplement for several days) and then re-test for lyme.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement