LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Toes red and inflamed, buzzing nerves in feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toes red and inflamed, buzzing nerves in feet
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, lately (the past 6 months or so) my toes, especially my big toes

have been very red and inflamed. The bottoms of both my feet are inflamed also.

The nerves buzz bad and the toes are burning like fire, usually afternoon till around 8 pm or so.

This bad burning comes and goes, but the redness in the toes is always there.

I generally have inflammation from the knees down. Anyway, I have been on the IV Rocephin for 2 weeks so far.

Do you think this is just neuropathy starting. I wish there was a safe and EFFECTIVE anti-inflammatory for this condition.

My ID doc gave me a script today for neurotin, has anyone has any luck with it, any bad side effects?

I feel like my toes will eventually fail and I am afraid of amputation (eventually).

I am very scared to say the least. I am not diabetic either, been tested many times.

By the time I get home from work, I can walk in pain, lots of burning though.

If I attempt to cut my grass with the tractor, the vibration from the tractor coming through the pedals makes

the nerves in my feet got nuts, it's very painful. Do you think this will reverse with the IV treatment (somewhat).

I ALSO noticed that if I lean on my leg with lets just say my elbow for a minute or two, I get large red circles

that can take a few minutes to go away. I find this to be abnormal. I could see if I leaned on it for 15 minutes

it might take a minute or two to go away, but not such short time frames. This also scares me,

I feel as is something is wrong with my blood. I had my heart checked out a month ago,

nothing is wrong they say. Along with this is very blurry vision which comes and goes,

sometimes I can see fine and lately not at all....I hate this damn disease.

Any and all thought/responses truly appreciated....Thanks, Rich

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got sick my hands were inflamed, fingers mostly, they would burn so bad I would ice them. When I treated for Bartonella it got way better.
Also I believe that Bartonella is vascular. My vision has improved some too, I'm treating Lyme now, going back to Bart soon, hoping that my eyes will come back. My two cents, I'm not a doctor, I just wish I was.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you taking sublingual B12 for the neuropathy?

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methyl-B-12-1000-mcg-100-Lozenges/129?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methyl-B-12-5000-mcg-60-Lozenges/117?at=0

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, All the tests over the years and no positives for Bart ever....hum

Carol, not everyday....I guess I should....Thanks

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might want to try epsom salt soaks in warm bathwater several times a day for the inflammation.

Also make sure you are getting enough Vitamin B12, as well as B-Complex vitamins, magnesium, essential fatty acids, electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride), and trace minerals.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

The inflammation is really bad in my feet, I feel like I am walking on gel inserts.

Toes are all red, Red streaks under the big toe nails...Across the big toes,

the redness goes diagonal across the toes and then just stops...I hope the IV helps too...

Thank you

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fordace,
Did you take B12?
Any progress with your feet?

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Hi Carol, I Haven't been taking it consistently, I get I should.

I am so sick of taking all this stuff with no real results, you know?

Feet are the same, don't think the IV is helping the damage from neuropathy.

I think I might be hypercoagulated at this point...Thanks, Rich

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alpha Lipoic Acid is the best thing to take for neuropathy. Trials have been done with diabetics and they experienced significant relief.

But it is probably caused by an infection which you might not be treating. Do you have other symptoms?

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Bart... and have similar problem. Been on IV for 4 months B12 injections 3 and still not improving. [Frown]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finallylyme
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finallylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have peripheral neuropathy from the lyme. Partial numbness and burning to mid thigh and just below my elbows. I take neurontin and nortriptylline for my PN. I do think the neurontin works. I have never had inflammation of the toes or soles though, so I don't know about that. I was treated previously for a B12 deficiency - by injections. Oral B12 does not absorb well enough to make a difference. Injections did not work for me since I have lyme neuropathy and not a B12 deficiency - I just ended up with a higher B12 level!

--------------------
I have Lyme - but it doesn't have me.

Posts: 70 | From ohio | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement