LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Extreme Weakness , Parasite Die - Off? Or?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extreme Weakness , Parasite Die - Off? Or?
LymeMom Kellye
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMom Kellye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, after 15 months in treatment, the LLND is treating my daughter for parasites. Yeah.

She has systemic candida as well.

She is on Albenza, Black Walnut Plant Stem Cell and Plaquinel for Parasites.

She is on Bactrim DS for Lyme.

She is on Nystatin and Sporonox for Candida.

Clean diet with no gluten, yeast, sugar or vinegar.

Am assuming that treatment will make her feel worse before she gets better. Here it is, Summer # 3 for the bed-bound teen! Yuk.

Since beginning parasite tx, her symtoms are changing.

Eye Film
Extreme Weakness
Joint Pain
Somach/Gas bloating and Constipation
itchy bumps/lumps
Tempature changes from cold to hot, to cold again.

I am assuming that this is s die-off reaction and that she will get better.

How long do we anticipate her feeling this crappy?

Is there anything to help with the die-off symptoms from the parasites?

She does ToxX drops and Castor Oil, and gets Colonics to help with Detox.

Ideas?

Posts: 333 | From Lyme Here Too | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry your daughter is feeling so bad -- I know it has to be a huge challenge for her, and for you too!

I don't have any personal experience yet with parasite treatment, however I'll be starting my doctor's protocol this coming weekend. I do think that it would be huge if you could do as much detox as possible. My doctor emphasized that a lot and basically said it was a requirement for me to do tons of detox during this treatment.

It's great that she's doing the colonics and castor oil. I'll be doing 1-2 colonics a week during the parasite treatment. I assume she's using the castor oil as a pack? This was one of the things my doc suggested as well.

Other things that could be helpful that I'll be doing:

Lymph massage

Dry Brushing (this would be an easy thing to get started)

Enemas (Coffee enemas are really helpful for most people and really help detox a lot. It turns out that they aren't good for me, so I'll be trying some other things, but coffee enemas could be good to try.)

Drink lemon water

Chlorella (this can be constipating though, so you'd need to be careful to counteract that with other things)

For short term, when things are needing an extra boost in the detox department, charcoal caps could be another option. Just for a few days. But, you would need to be sure to take them separately from anything else, as they bind everything.

Particularly if she is having constipation -- that will really be increasing all her toxicity issues, and thus making her feel crappy, as the toxins are getting backed up. Anything you can do to help keep her regular will be important, and the colonics/enemas could be a hugely good support here.

I also take as much magnesium as I need to keep the bowels moving. I just increase and decrease as I need. It naturally helps soften the stool, and most people are deficient in magnesium anyway, so it helps on both counts.

So, those are some of my ideas. Hope you get some good help soon and she feels some relief.

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, she is taking a lot of things at the same time. This would kill me. I can only do one thing
and start on very low dose.
Is it Plaquenil?
I had to stop it, got hot and cold and fever and vision problems and throat pain.

Yes parasite treatment makes you very very fatigued.

I also love lemons and organic apple juice and sometimes I put apple pectin in the juice.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polliwog
Member # 32932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polliwog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious about why "no vinegar". I thought vinegar killed parasites.
Posts: 6 | From Redmond, WA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement