LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Alka Seltzer Gold Users

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alka Seltzer Gold Users
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been having flare issues lately new protocol and all. My LLMD told me to take ASG at least once a day but up to four times.

I checked interactions because I always do when starting something new or adding something, It said that there was interactions with a few things I take or am adding just wanted to get some feedback if anyone else is taking any combination of these.

Aspirin
Bactrim
Xanax
Thanks.

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure of the interactions, but is this used for detox? I bought a box at my llmd office. I thought I read it was used to for detox and it was cheap so I thought I would give it a try.
Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanax
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.

Some products that may interact with this drug include: kava, sodium oxybate.

Other medications can affect the removal of alprazolam from your body, which may affect how alprazolam works. Examples include azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole), cimetidine, certain anti-depressants (such as fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, nefazodone), drugs to treat HIV (delavirdine, protease inhibitors such as indinavir), macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin), rifamycins (such as rifabutin), St. John's wort, drugs used to treat seizures (such as carbamazepine, phenytoin), among others.

Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you also take drugs that cause drowsiness such as: certain antihistamines (such as diphenhydramine), medicine for sleep or anxiety (such as diazepam, zolpidem), muscle relaxants, narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine), psychiatric medicines (such as chlorpromazine, risperidone, amitriptyline, trazodone).

Check the labels on all your medicines (such as cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients which cause drowsiness. Ask your pharmacist about the safe use of those products.

Cigarette smoking decreases blood levels of this medication. Tell your doctor if you smoke or if you have recently stopped smoking.

Bactrim
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.

Some products that may interact with this drug include: "blood thinners" (such as warfarin), cyclosporine, dofetilide, hydantoins (such as phenytoin), live vaccines, methenamine, methotrexate.

Although most antibiotics probably do not affect hormonal birth control such as pills, patch, or ring, some antibiotics may decrease their effectiveness. This could cause pregnancy. Examples include rifamycins such as rifampin or rifabutin. Be sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist if you should use additional reliable birth control methods while using this antibiotic.

This product may interfere with certain laboratory tests, possibly causing false test results. Make sure laboratory personnel and all your doctors know you use this product.

Alka Seltzer Gold
Does Alka-Seltzer Gold Oral interact with other medications?

Alka-Seltzer Gold Oral may interact with the following medications

Serious Interactions of Alka-Seltzer Gold Oral:
These medications may interact and cause very harmful effects. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.

POTASSIUM PREPS/POTASSIUM SPARING DIURETICS
POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS/EPLERENONE
ANTACIDS; LANTHANUM/SELECTED AZOLE ANTIFUNGALS

Moderate Interactions of Alka-Seltzer Gold Oral:
These medications may cause some risk when taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.

POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS/DROSPIRENONE
ANTACIDS; BUFFERED FORMULATIONS/AMPRENAVIR; ATAZANAVIR
POTASSIUM PREPARATIONS/ACE INHIBITORS; ARB'S
URINARY ALKALINIZERS/QUINIDINE
URINARY ALKALINIZERS/SYMPATHOMIMETICS

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use it when I've become way too acidic from detoxing. I'm not on any abx so I don't know about interactions - sorry.
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkielover80
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkielover80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take ASG for detox purposes and I love it. I feel almost immediate results.

I was told to take it 2 hours away from meds/supplements. If I remember right I was told to do that because of binding properties of ASG.

--------------------
No tick bite/rash
sick Nov '09
diagnosed Mar '11
Doxy/Zithro
LOTS of supplements

Psalm 62:5b He is my rock and my salvation. He is my defender, I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!

Posts: 127 | From Illinois | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all!!!

Steve-Thank you for the detailed information. Unless I missed read, so your basically saying there is no reaction right?

I dont know why the website I used listed some.

I will try that Elkie although that might be rough I'm always taking something LOL

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn�t find any interactions but, I would definitely confirm that with a Doctor.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it for MCS, never thought about using it for detox. I take bufferin, xanax and clindamycin plus supplements.. Never noticed anything but good results.

I took it before I knew I had lyme for MCS.. I am out have to get the pharm. to order as they don't keep it in stock and use it for detox . Well, that is probably why it worked for MCS..

Oh, I do space it 2 hrs from other meds.

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it with fresh squeezed lemons. Last night I blended 4 strawberries, 1 squeezed lemon, ice and a little stevia. I poured into a glass and addd the ASG. It tasted great! So refreshing.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yummmm ktkdommer that sound amazing I am so trying that!!! Do you take it away from your abx and supplements?

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I add that I like ASG, but that the BEST detox therapy ( by leaps and bounds ) is Sam E ?
I take 400 mg on an empty stomach every day . It is a proven mood helper also . ( Do a search on Sam E and depression - there is a great book at Amazon you buy used ) .
I was doubtful , but a few friends swore by it for depression. I did not expect to feel less "toxic " from the Sam E , but within a few days , the improvement was incredible .
Sam E raises gluthione levels (!) . Glutathione is MFG by your liver and is your body's DETOX number one chemical. It has worked beautifully for me . Better than I could have imagined.
You could use both , SAM E and ASG .

If you want to try Sam E , I think Nature Made is VERY good.
You can read reviews at iherb , as there are MANY people who love it for mood elevation and arthritis. I now notice my allergies and asthma are remarkably better! Sam E is simply an amino acid that your own body makes , but declines with age . It is extremely safe .

In my experience, it works FAR better for glutathione production than NAC - dramaticaaly better .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Thank you for sharing that annyzz I am going to look into that :-)

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement