LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is oatmeal Ok

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is oatmeal Ok
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is plain Dry oatmeal okay?? Like Quaker Oats???

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use GF oats
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you're not gluten intolerant .. or have yeast issues.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I have yeast issues? but what else Can i eat for breakfast I HATE eggs

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat those pancakes I gave you the recipe for. The pancakes are very easy.

flaxseed meal is perfectly OK

you won't taste the eggs

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat a smoothie made with frozen blueberries and strawberries, and I use the plain chobani yogurt with lots of protein.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

jlcd .. and you have no yeast issues??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could eat oatmeal. I miss it sooo much. But I'm gluten intolerant and oats (even the certified GF oats) give me so much pain it's unbelievable, and I normally don't have pain so it's really odd. But if I eat oats it gives me extreme headaches and leg pain. :-(

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Me too, disturbed. I love oatmeal.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

JeniferM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JeniferM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@tricia386... try not to think about breakfast as "breakfast", just think about it like another time of the day to eat a meal. You can have anything for breakfast that you can eat for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I'll reheat steak or have chicken over rice. You could graze and have nuts, berries, chopped veggies... whatever you feel like munching on that fits into whatever diet you have to follow.

--------------------
IgM: [18++,31+++,34++,41++,83-93+] [39 IND]
IgG: [41 IND]
Positive according to IGeneX. Negative according to CDC. Negative for co-infections.
Currently treating for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia

Posts: 225 | From Minnesota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any yeast issues yet, but I have taken the stuff for yeast in the past.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

so lymetoo, is it not ok to eat this. I was under the impression that is was ok to have a smoothie's. I'm mostly on a GF diet.
Lexalou
Member # 32663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lexalou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found some gluten free brown rice krispies - very low sugar. I eat a small amount of them with a little rice milk and stevia to sweeten.

My dr says to avoid all gluten because the 'things' breathe thru gluten.

I was getting tired of egg beaters and had to find something else.
I eat alot of quinoa (keen wa)too. That is a perfect food( it is a seed rather than a grain.
You can eat that just like oatmeal.

How about palenta? That is very good also after it has set and then sliced the next day.
A little stevia and cinnamon is good.

It definitely is no easy task trying to eat properly so as not to enable these things in us.

Posts: 33 | From PA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lexalou: Palenta is just ground field corn, right? I think field corn is on the "no-no" list for most anti-candida diets.

I'm sure in moderation it won't kill you, but personally I wouldn't have it too frequently.

I "cheated" this weekend and had corn tortilla chips. Naughty, naughty! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oat Bran or Rolled Oats

add some lecithin granules (for nerve repair)
add some raw honey for taste
add some rice bran as prebiotic to feed gut flora

My breakfast [Big Grin] with either eggs or kefir

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, can you please email me your pancake recipe, and what do you put on top?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

This is from "skies" .. great recipe! It needs nothing on top!! Seriously!

Flaxseed Pancakes

DRY PORTION:
*3 Tbsp ground flax seeds
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1 pkts of stevia(optional)

WET PORTION:
*1/2 tsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
*1/2 tsp organic almond or vanilla extract
*1 or 2 eggs (I use 2 so it's more filling)
*1 Tbsp water

Mix the DRY ingredients together then add the WET. Fry in a pan just like conventional pancakes (grease the pan with more coconut oil). The recipe makes 1 serving (2 medium sized pancakes)

----

You guys drinking smoothies and eating white foods are braver (??) than me. Yeast will get you sooner or later.

Excellent probiotics:

VSL#3
http://www.vsl3.com/order.asp

Theralac
www.theralac.com

Whatever you take, take at least 100 billion CFU's per day. Wish someone had told me that 10 yrs ago!

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lexalou
Member # 32663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lexalou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James1979...you are right about the polenta! ok then scratch that

Lymetoo...100 billion per day? That is great to know. I just told my dr I am taking 60 billion and is that enough? He said I dont know, I guess if you get yeast then it is not enough! duh!

thanks, I am upping it to 100. I learn all kinds of stuff on here.

Posts: 33 | From PA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
This is from "skies" .. great recipe! It needs nothing on top!! Seriously!

She's right, they need nothing! I sometimes top them with a little almond butter, which is also good. [lick]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Or you can sprinkle more stevia on top if you are a sweet freak.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what's the staple? Is it missing some quinoa flakes?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almond flour makes delicious pancakes. I can't tolerate flax right now.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement