LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does it ever end????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does it ever end????
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, was researching why my skin (on face and hairline) feels like it has sand on it and I found a "new tick" (mite/parasite) that could be causing this symptom!!!

http://www.humexlab.com/demodex-catch-mask-pack-en.html

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1203895-overview

It is "tick demodex brevis" and it might be why some people lose hair too. I have to go somewhere, but will look more into this later.

If you guys already know about this, sorry for repeating it.

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks mom,
I had this when my menningitis was peaking at ER and they thought i was crazy...
How hard would it be for them to research this - Man, my blood boils when i think of how many times i told MD's of my sand paper skin and things coming out like sand.. showed them and ask them to microscope this and they said take a BATH... [cussing] [Mad] [Embarrassed] [bonk] [dizzy] [hi]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome Payne. Every night I go to bed with clean, "smooth" face and every morning I wake up with "sand" stuck to my face.

I will dig deeper on this subject and post it soon.

--------------------

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

I don't know if I put this in the right "topic" or if I should have used a different "topic title"...

I know I have seen somebody else talk about their skin (face) feeling like they have sand on it in here somewhere, just can't remember who/where.

Could this be the problem or is there another explanation for this? I read that if you are chronically ill the "little ticks" can thrive and this can cause hair loss too.

I stuck pieces of scotch tape to my face yesterday to capture whatever is there and bring to my doc for evaluation.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure I would trust a site that can't spell AT ALL.

Quote:

Demodex is main cause of skin aging includng rough skin, wide pore, red nose,

loss of hair, pimple, discoloration on the face, frecles, spot, fine wrincles,

horniness, atopic dermatitis, itching, infecious, disease of skin, etc.

-------------

http://www.humexlab.com/demodex-catch-mask-pack-en.html

--still wondering about the "horniness"!! [lol] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demodex

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

LOL! I was wondering about the "horniness" too! My hubby would be ecstatic if that was one of my symptoms...

I had found other websites about this, but it was late when I posted the 2 above so I might not have posted a credible one. Sorry and I'm a stickler for spelling & grammar, but sometimes my brain doesn't function so well.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It cracked me up!! [lol]

so what helps these critters?? Nizoral shampoo???

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's translated by a non-native English speaker. The research was performed by a Chinese doctor.

Character-based, tonal languages are vastly different from alphabet-based, phonetic languages. In character languages, only language scholars are expected to have extensive written vocabularies. And the grammar is actually much simpler. I don't think average translators understand the emphasis we place on grammar, because it is simply not the major aspect of Asian languages. The characters drive written language.

I don't think poor English spelling and grammar is a reason to discredit the information. However, the vast claims and hard-sell marketing do stretch my credulity.

At the very bottom, I'm told I will become scurfy. I would hate for that to happen.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Scurfy!! [lol] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Are you it didn't say "smurfy" ???

--------------------

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe I'm going to get scurvy?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Check this out! I thought you said it on purpose!

http://www.yourdictionary.com/scurfy

did you? [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

You've got to be kidding me. I've never seen that word. Score one for the Chinese/English translator!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by BoxerMom:
You've got to be kidding me. I've never seen that word.

-

That's hilarious!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Found this on demodex causing hair loss.

http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/demodex_folliculorum.html

I've been experiencing hair loss for 3 months now. I thought it was due to chemicals/drugs from a brief hospital stay, but this may be my culprit. Just wondering?

It does say that chemicals can make it worse.

-----------

Now THIS says it does NOT cause hair loss:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/types_of_hair_loss/infectious_agents.asp

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Thanks Lymetoo for the info. My hair is so thin and continues to thin, that I am afraid to run my fingers through it. I end up with a hanful of hair when I do.

The thing that bothers me, almost more, was the words "microscopic tick" in the description of the mite, "Tick Dermodex Brevis".

Makes me want to disinfect, scrub and boil myself!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know. Just ignore that "tick" thing... hahaaha!

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artmay00/demodex.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement