LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Did you have yeast problems after stopping antibitics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did you have yeast problems after stopping antibitics?
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone have yeast related issues after stopping long term antibiotics? If so, what were the symptoms and how did you get rid of it?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, YES, YES

I still have it.

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

YEAST SYMPTOMS:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104816#000000

Stymielymie's thread
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000015

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still working on it, 7 yrs now. Lots of probiotics, Diflucan, oil of oregano, and clean diet. It's not as severe as it initially was though. I've read that your body produces the yeast to entrap the heavy metals. I've done various detoxes, and while that worked a bit, I suspect it will be an ongoing issue until I get my amalgams removed.

Symptoms: Feeling drunk after eating, reactive hypoglycemia (my sugar would drop to the 40's), joint pain if I had carbs, white tongue, irritable bowels, bloat.

But 7 yrs later, I still need acidophillus twice a day (down from 3 times), and I need to watch my diet, or I end up with a cheesy tasting mouth and white tongue.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, after all that time away from ABX?????

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people who never had long term abx can fight yeast

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven years here too. I've had sporadic antibiotics for other infections, but still can't get a handle on the yeast. I have to eat like a martyr .. not always successful though!! [lol]

That's why I preach about being on high quality probiotics and watching your diet while being on abx. I did the diet but not the high quality probos... dang. I didn't take enough.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

So I am taking probiotics:
http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=fbaf705c-173e-4732-9ea6-75cfd9c1b568

I also eat a ton of carbs because I am a vegetarian and don't like meat. However, I eat mostly whole grain, intact carbs.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People without antibiotics can have yeast, you are right.

But if without antibiotics, people get yeast, with antibiotics, the tendency is worsen the situation, there's no doubt about that!

Candida can only get under control when your bacterial milieu in the GI tract is balanced.

Chronic candida is worse than chronic lyme, at least for me. It took me LONGER to get rid of candida than of lyme. It was much more stubborn and many symtpoms were close to lyme.

Somehow, getting better of one helps getting rid of the other. The treatments are similar, in my opinion, but not identical.

But many lyme sufferers still believe borrelia is the main single culprit and take more and more abx only to find out that the toughest is to come...

Let's say, toughest in terms of time of healing, but less tough in terms of symptoms and certainly less mortal than lyme (even though chronic candida can kill).

It is a hard trading decision, when you choose one treatment that encourages the other disease to come. In my opinion.

Anyway, not everything is lost. I find products like Sanum and long term metal detox (with the KPU, allergie immun, or whatever method you choose) can give your GI health back. Slowly. And it may take a couple of years, but not a decade!

Probiotics will never do the job by itself. Far from it. They help minimally in my experience. Even the most expensive products. They help, but it is just a bit, and only temporarily.

Lymetoo knows that it is only a combination of approaches that can heal it! Better than probiotics are the real food probiotics, like a variation of fermented foods taken daily and more than once a day.

Or products like Rechtsregulat which are many enzymes at once, produced by varied fermentation of different veggies and fruits.

I bought expensive probiotics, many types, only to find out that a single bottle of Rechtsregulat gave a muuuch better result.

I don't buy the theory that taking chemical or herbal killers will do the job either. Grapefruit seed extract only touches the problem. Oregano will kill a lot, but it kills other good things too (and it doesn't solve the problem for good).

Whatever you do, it is hard. People keep taking Nystatin, cumanda, whatever they find it helps, but they continue doing that for years and years, on and on.

As Lymetoo says, you need a multiple approach to candida. And even though, it's not a garantee of success.

Adding Sanum for me was the best I found for killing candida (together with heavy metal detox long term). I find the AI treatment also addresses the problem because it helps our body to flush toxins out.

I'm in total remission for lyme for more than 2 whole years, but from candida, only about 6 months or so. It keeps coming back, but less longer than before.

And I didn't take long term abx, for two good reasons: one was my chronic candida that I had before I had lyme and that it was terribly stubborn, the other was terrible tummy aches while on abx.

When I first read about lyme and discovered it was a stubborn infection, I knew exactly what "stubborn infection" meant... It was the worst news of the year for me.

Anyway, I'm now happy that attacking lyme gave me the tools to attack candida together.

I hope my post is not too negative. I am positive that my candida will go as dormant as lyme for more than a year. It is much easier to deal with it, when it re-starts, much shorter to get to symptomless, I mean. Symptomless and without treatment.

Vegetarians suffer a lot to deal with candida. Even very healthy vegetarians don't know how to address the candida problem, because they need carbs.

I guess you guys should invest more heavily on heavy metal detox and spiritual treatments then. Seriously. I do believe spirituality can help healing and many vegetarians usually have that on their side.

Good luck!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, where you been all my life, baby? [Smile]

I like your post. Lots of good info.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Brussels said,

"But many lyme sufferers still believe borrelia is the main single culprit and take more and more abx only to find out that the toughest is to come...

Let's say, toughest in terms of time of healing, but less tough in terms of symptoms and certainly less mortal than lyme (even though chronic candida can kill).

It is a hard trading decision, when you choose one treatment that encourages the other disease to come."

--

VERY true. Your post was very helpful. I may try the RechtsR .. I can't eat any of the kimchee, or sauerkraut etc .. stomach just can't handle those types of foods. I don't even tolerate Kefir.

What is sanum?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

richedie
Member # 14689

Brussels, some of your info is off.

......what can I tell you...I don't like meat.

Major studies on candida have shown that vegetarians consistently have less candida and much more in the way of benefical bacteria since meat causes such an acidic and diseased state in the gut. My health definitely went through the roof when I switched to vegetarian. Only time I ever ate much meat was as a teenager and in college......can't stand it now.

ONLY symptom I have is left arm pain. If not for that, I would feel perfect.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Kerry23
Member # 28383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, it has been 7 weeks with no antibiotics and still fighting yeast. almost 2 weeks ago I went back on ketaconozole, the antifungal, currently I am in herx. Not as bad as the first one but uncomfortable. The first one was for a month straight. I thought I was dying. Just have a lot of anxiety, bloating, nausea, and extreme fatigue. I see doc tomorrow. There is nothing he can do but I am going to blow up at him for not giving me a preventative med for this. I can't say it would have stopped the yeast from coming but maybe it would not be as bad. I would rather deal with lyme than yeast.

--------------------
30 Supplements
Awaiting new protocol
Diagnosed 2nd time 9/08/2011
with positive western blot
No co infection

Posts: 74 | From Pine Island, NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richedie, I don't love meat either. I eat it sparsely, but I can't live without, as I feel bad or weak without it.

I agree that some people should be vegetarians because their body feels better on it. Each person is different. Hubby, if on veggies only, would collapse and be in such a bad mood that I won't stand him around! [Big Grin] I do respect all types of people!

I just told you what I see. I had contact with strict vegetarians, yogha teachers or students in Korea. Even Buddhist 'monks' or visionaries.

Many suffer from some strange GI symptoms that look for me like candida (and test energetically so), and some had even the fungal nail problem. Very healthy, very energetic people, but candida was there with them.

They ate LOADS of carbs because they were strictly vegetarians, no eggs, no milk products. I often had meals with them, delicious stuff.

I just tell you what I see, I don't want to change these yogha people nor you! I recommended them with candida killers (sanum I shared with them), but they have tough time eliminating it because they have no option of a high protein diet with low carb, low sugar.

With high carb diet, even if you take no sugar, it is a hard job to eliminate chronic candida. Taht is what I see, just that!

They don't suffer from lyme, so I suppose it is fine to keep on with chronic candida and nail fungus forever. They, anyway, are stronger than myself, so why not living with candida, that causes THEM only milder GI symptoms (pain, constipation or diarrhea)?

I would just temporarily add some fish or cheese in my diet during the killing treatment, if I were them, but they can't.

for me, candida was not a big problem in the first years I got it. But with the YEARS, then DECADES, then when lyme came, it became a big problem as I could barely wear shoes so much skin candida I got. For about 9-10 months a year, non stop. So, nope, for me candida was so bad that I needed to address it.

During candida treatment, I became more like a meat eater, or yoghurt or cheese eater. I continue doing that while I attack my short candida bouts. From day 1 candida goes out, I go back to my fruits and dark chocolate!

Get it? [Wink]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

For lymetoo:

in case you find Rechts too expensive, i also took something cheaper called Proemsam or Vita Biosa, all liquid enzymes.

While you wait your bottle to come, you can also start on apple vinager. not comparable, but at least something�

-------
Sanum
http://www.postfalls-naturopathic.com/vids/SANUMTherapyOverview.swf

http://www.drz.org/asp/pleo/ (good site)

I don't follow the whole of Sanum theory, just a few individual products like Fortakehl, Albicansan, Pefrakehl, Mucokehl, Mucedokehl, Nigersan and their related Sanukehls to end up infection for good.

Dr. K. recommends them for candida or GI balance.

Good luck!

Brussels
Member # 13480

Kerry, my own long term candida war tells me that pure candida or fungal herxes are worse than borrelia herxes.

If I didn't address the herxes (at least for me), I never improved. It was a merry go round, one day okay, next day bad again.

Toxins built up everywhere, from my brain, blood to gut. Once I took loads of binders and kept changing them (cardamon and chlorella were my favorites), I could live an almost normal life, except for the strict diet (and the loads of pills or products to bind I had to keep taking about 5 times a day or so!)

Addding enzymes help but they also kill, so you need constant binding. At least, for me. I swear by energetic tests, as you can get the exact amount of what you need each time, and can really live a normal life while on war against these bacteria or yeasts!

Don't depend on doctors to find your binders. They are not in your skin to know how much you suffer and few have knowledge about binders and cleansers!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

If RR is anything like apple cider vinegar then I can't take that either. ACV sets me on fire.

Please advise. [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on the energetic testing and saliva/urine tests, it seems that I have a heavy dose of yeast/fungal issues, which are actually much more relevant to my symptoms than Lyme. Some of that rings true to me, since I grew up in a house that had so many extraordinary water damage issues.

However, I did not even think about all of this when I started abx for Lyme. After 4 months, the gut upset was overwhelming. Guess I was mostly just exacerbating the yeast!

I've been off abx for nearly 6 months, and on Sporanox for nearly 6 weeks. I expect to be on it for at least three months. (I tried Sporanox initially 5 months ago and my die-off reaction was so intense that I lasted only 3 days. I had to treat for parasites too, and those drugs have anti-fungal effects, so that toned down the yeast to a level where I can tolerate the Sporanox.)

Brussels, thank you for sharing your experiences with die-off of Candida, because this process is really difficult to see through to the other side. I keep questioning whether I really will feel better, or whether it's the medicine that's making me more sick. The medication and die-off from the medication is just exhausting and perhaps worse than the fungal overgrowth itself. It's hard to sufficiently detox and the toxins do seem to affect everything -- mind, body, spirit. It's good to know that there is a point when you are sure that you are on the downward side of this mountain where you no longer have to pedal as hard.

In addition to the Sporanox, I'm doing various things listed above to kill the fungus and boost the good bacteria. (I'm not as strict as I could be on the diet -- I still eat fruits and brown rice and a tiny amount of steel cut oatmeal, but NO processed sugar, wheat or alcohol.)

I'm doing some things for yeast that I did not see mentioned above:

- Rizol Gamma, which is an ozonated oil that is supposed to kill fungus, bad bacteria, etc. (it made a pimple disappear nearly overnight).

- Cistus (rock rose) tea, which is supposed to break up biofilms in the gut. I brew a heaping teaspoon twice a day. This was prescribed for me in lieu of the Rechts Regulat.

- Beta-glucan probiotics, which are supposed to have other ingredients that boost the system, in addition to the bacteria themselves.

Lymetoo, Perhaps one of those things would be helpful.

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Lymetutu... I guess you need more gut healing BEFORE you start on enzymes... Just a feeling. You probably can't stand raw veggies much?

Do you have celiac or other serious gut problems?

did you do parasite cleansing?

Another possibility is that when I am flaring on candida, when I take things like CAndida nosodes (albicansan or pefrakehl, for example) or simply Rechts or other fermented foods, I cause a sort of big killing of candida and I get loose stools immediately. Sometimes very badly.

If I am not in a big candida flare, symptoms are milder and I feel I only improve without the diarrhea or tummy pains.

I see though that some people with more serious gut diseases like celiac, leaky gut or anything bad in the gut have hard time with raw foods. They simply can't take even a simple salad, either because it is raw or because of vinagers or olive oil? Their digestive system is compromised.

I don't know if this is your case, Lymetutu.

If this is your case, I guess the order of treatment will be avoid killing and more cleansing at start.

Like charcoal for a while, clay for a while, then try chlorella, microsilica, apple pectin, sulphur like MSM, I would try microsilica Dr. K. recommends, I would add bear garlic to help my kidneys too eliminate more toxins, and cardamon, and certainly get tested for allergies and sensitivities to avoid these foods during the whole treatment.

During this time, try to eat things with probiotics then, but lighter than vinager (like cheese, yoghurt...).

Only then, I would try again the enzymes or vinager like foods and Rechts, for example. If you still don't tolerate them, I would try the homeopathic version of these vinagers first. I still fare better with Rechts homeopathic than undiluted rechts.

After a big D, if you feel okay, it means usually improvement. If after the D, you feel weak, not a good sign, you are loosing nutrients and need to change the strategy.

First Sanum product to try would be Fortakehl. This is a very important product to help balancing the flora. But you got to check how you react. Usually people don't react too badly with Fort.

Cleansing is the main purpose. Killing is last.

I don't know in which stage you are on the cleansing, heavy metal detox, and parasite cleansing to give you any other advice... Just give me a hint!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks 365 and brussels.. very much.

Where do you get those products, 365? I don't think I can take the beta-glucan. My dr mentioned it to me but I think when I checked on it it contained gluten.

yes, I'm a celiac or at least gluten intolerant

I don't quite understand what you're saying about vinegars, brussels. I thought it was contraindicated with yeast?

I do take MSM all the time. I always forget to take the chlorella or charcoal but I have both.

All herbs I've tried for parasites either kill my stomach or set off my Interstitial Cystitis.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Brussels
Member # 13480

Sunny days... If you find your right binders, life gets much easier. Finding them and taking them at the minimum required is an art in itself and the products need changing to make you symptom free (from herxes).

After a while, your liver will be charged so you need to concentrate there. Sometimes the gall bladder gets troubled, others the kidneys (very upsetting), then lymph, then the GI tract... They need specifically to be addressed if you would like to live a life that looks normal while killing parasites and candida.

I would trust energy tests to find out what and when you need this or that.

Parasite killing is even worse than candida, at least for me, it was. I took MSM in spoons to feel like I was not a nerd ready to explode or collapse on the streets.

I don't know for Rizols, as I took only a little of them, as I hate the taste. And also, as I told above, I don't really believe much in chemicals (even if from plants) to eliminate candida. Not in my case, they work very limited.

Much superior are Candida nosodes. It was uncomparable for me. And I feel I herx less, but improve more with nosodes than any chemical (I'm only talking about candida and fungal infections).

If I'm not mistaken whey also helps dissolving biofilms?

I can't believe any tea can have the benefits of something like Rechtsregulat.

I have cistus incanus at home, but used it sparsely. It didn't do much for my lyme... Next time my candida wakes up, i will try to test it for candida and let you know, if I remember.

What I find good with real food probiotics is that they are alive and it's like adding a new army on our side, for figth. [group hug]

Any chemical (including herbs) will act only during a very specific time. SOmehow, the living creatures struggle to be alive and fight pathogens for longer, I feel. Maybe it's just my imagination though! [bonk]

Certainly, homeopathic nosodes work much longer than anything chemical. There is little interval on the fight between an intake to another.

With any chemical or herbs, there's a peak of action after the intake, but the peak falls down fast, and the interval of rest in between intakes is very clear.

Candida and pathogens have time to fight back and reorganize their armies to fight us in the next intake.

That is why, in my experience, I feel killing with nosodes is much more efficient. Candida army has no chance to get me totally unarmed as the homeopathic information is still with me, but just a bit weaker, when I decide to take the next dose or even increase the potency. So they lose without time to reorganize...

I hope this was understandable... [confused]

The fruits are okay, if not too sweet. People say to cut them while fighting candida. I can cut them for a few days, but not for more than a week. I'm similar to you. [Wink]

But I find that I can give me that priviledge because of a good killing / cleanser protocol. It just delays me a bit more to get to symptomless and without treatment, but it's not a big deal TODAY. But my gut is not in a bad condition like many people.

I guess each case is a case. You got to feel your body and your gut and follow instincts.

I even once got my lyme in remission just by fasting! I fasted 10 days just because I felt no food agreed with me and I was not hungry anyway, and by miracle, borrelia went dormant! My brain was so clear, my energy returned as by magic, really. It was amazing.

I guess we need to tune our antennas and go through what we feel will give us more benefits. And forget about brain logic, when we need to choose foods.

I sometimes talk to my food, fruits... I look at them and ask myself: do I really want to eat you? You'll be surprised how much your body knows. Many times, it is only the brain or habit that tells 'eat this and that'.

The body has a superior knowledge than the brain (if you understand my point). [Smile] I read once that in fact, our most important organ is the gut NOT the brain, and that it has something similar to a brain on its own. It made so much sense to me, in a way!

That our immunological system is about 70% or more in our gut is another thing to consider! Most of the times, we eat to dump things inside us. [tsk]

The attitude must change, a bit like the way young kids eat: they go by pure feeling, as though the food is talking to them. You see the pleasure in their eyes, it's amazing. [spinning smile]

Some will refuse to take things like it is poisoned and jump into others after first tasting it. They eat for pure pleasure and I guess, we have a lot to learn from them!

Pleasure has nothing to do with addiction to foods. You can see that if we are addicted to anything whatsoever (like I can't live without a soda, or without chocolate, coffee...) that exact thing of our addiction is poisoning us and killing our ability to have pure tasting pleasure.

There is a very deep difference between the atraction to addictive products and the real pleasure of taste.

Do you really want to ingest that NOW? You will be surprised, at least, I am, to see that I don't need to eat most of things I chose to put on my plate, and start eating very different weirdo things but, that make me feel happy!

Unfortunately, having lyme or chronic diseases affect our tasting ability, sometimes very badly, and we just lose pleasure in tasting food.

When you can feel pleasure of taste, and feel the nourishing of these foods while still you are chewing it in your mouth, you can get guided by your gut brain!

365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, That is very good advice on really seeing how you feel before actually eating a particular food. I ate an apple earlier today, and I think I ate it out of habit, rather than really wanting it. I should listen more to my "gut" feelings, particularly since it's just so bloated and struggling right now.

On the Sporanox, my gut has gotten more bloated -- like the yeast are fighting back. I feel that the medicine is working, but I'm certain that I need some sort of binders to pull the dead stuff out of the gut and to try to keep it away from the other cleansing organs. I've definitely had liver and kidney effects from the Sporanox and yeast die-off.

I'm also using several of the Sanum homeopathic products. One is even used in the sinus and has been terrifically helpful. Other than that one, I'm still not convinced of their efficacy, but I'm keeping on them, because I'm guessing that there are so many pieces to the puzzle, and I'd hate to remove one that is the support for the others.

As for the Cistus tincture, I am about to try that for Lyme. Brussels, I'm sorry it did not help you much; I hope that it is helpful for me. For the gut biofilms, though, I am actually making tea from the dried herb. Not sure if it's helping much. None of the herbs I've tried have had the "bang" that the pharmaceuticals, so I might not be noticing the long-term beneficial effects.

Lymetoo, I purchase all the products that I listed from the dispensary of my LLMD's office. PM me if you want the contact information.

The Rizol Gamma does taste kind of strong, but I'm beyond caring about that. I can handle just about any bad taste for a few minutes. Frankly, I took the Zhang Allicin for some time -- nothing could be more potent than that stuff!

It's interesting that you both have taken MSM, which I have not tried. Have you felt that it's been helpful for gut issues?

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks.. I guess I'll buy it online.

Not sure about MSM helping. It's supposed to! I began taking it years ago for general pain. Is also good to take if you have yeast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the symptoms of a candida infection? I've been taking abx for almost 4 years along with nystatin. I keep having relapses. Maybe, it is the candida.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

quote:
Originally posted by Brussels:
Richedie, I don't love meat either. I eat it sparsely, but I can't live without, as I feel bad or weak without it.

I agree that some people should be vegetarians because their body feels better on it. Each person is different. Hubby, if on veggies only, would collapse and be in such a bad mood that I won't stand him around! [Big Grin] I do respect all types of people!

I just told you what I see. I had contact with strict vegetarians, yogha teachers or students in Korea. Even Buddhist 'monks' or visionaries.

Many suffer from some strange GI symptoms that look for me like candida (and test energetically so), and some had even the fungal nail problem. Very healthy, very energetic people, but candida was there with them.

They ate LOADS of carbs because they were strictly vegetarians, no eggs, no milk products. I often had meals with them, delicious stuff.

I just tell you what I see, I don't want to change these yogha people nor you! I recommended them with candida killers (sanum I shared with them), but they have tough time eliminating it because they have no option of a high protein diet with low carb, low sugar.

With high carb diet, even if you take no sugar, it is a hard job to eliminate chronic candida. Taht is what I see, just that!

They don't suffer from lyme, so I suppose it is fine to keep on with chronic candida and nail fungus forever. They, anyway, are stronger than myself, so why not living with candida, that causes THEM only milder GI symptoms (pain, constipation or diarrhea)?

I would just temporarily add some fish or cheese in my diet during the killing treatment, if I were them, but they can't.

for me, candida was not a big problem in the first years I got it. But with the YEARS, then DECADES, then when lyme came, it became a big problem as I could barely wear shoes so much skin candida I got. For about 9-10 months a year, non stop. So, nope, for me candida was so bad that I needed to address it.

During candida treatment, I became more like a meat eater, or yoghurt or cheese eater. I continue doing that while I attack my short candida bouts. From day 1 candida goes out, I go back to my fruits and dark chocolate!

Get it? [Wink]

That is interesting because many people are put on a strict vegan diet in order to get rid of candida! Wow.
This is a good article:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/august/050800pro.htm
"strict vegetarians (vegans) have been found to harbor much higher counts of �friendly� bacteria than do meat eaters."
I also learned this in school.

I can't stomach fish one bit, makes me nausous.
I believe dairy is very bad for all of us.

I think humans eating meat is nuts but I still cheat sometimes.

maybe I am just in the free and clear at this point. [Smile]

[ 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: richedie ]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that my daughter and I both have an issue with yeast. She is on IV abx and her stomach bloats every time she eats.

I started searching for an anti-yeast diet on the internet. I didn't expect to find one that you could eat grains, but I did.

We have eliminated dairy, sugar, actually anything sweet including honey and stevia. Also no fermented foods or anything with vinegar.

We eat rice, potatoes, organic corn, all beans, nuts, and gluten-free breads as long as it doesn't have yeast in it. I have found that eating mostly vegan has helped me to feel better but we still do eat meat.

I forgot that we also had to cut out all fruit. We are feeling really good on this diet.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Is this the diet you're referring to, kids??

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Brussels
Member # 13480

Hi Richedie, no way vegan diet is a warranty for a candida free GI tract.

There are people living in cold areas which make their diet mostly derived from animal protein. And they do survive and live well for centuries.

I particularly know a Mogolian lady, who was thin and previously had no GI symtom until she moved to Switzerland, and gained weight and got bloated, tummy pains etc.

She said that on her diet back in Mongolia, she feels better. Here she changed to eat more carbs, less meat (due to price and habits). Her body grew adapted to these old nomadic diet, and was very much meat based.

I don't believe anymore on a single type of perfect diet for a single type of body. I believe we are complex beings and depending on culture, genetic background and habits, we need different things. Whatever fits you and makes you feel good is what is good.

Look, a good point made by Mercola is that civilization started with production of grains. It is not really sure that our bodies are really built to consume grains. My Mongolian friend thrives when she eats bits of rice but mostly meat. See?

Cow milk (and meat) gets nearly tasteless and without most vitamins when cows eat grains. But I swear, as I grew in Brazil, that grass fed cow meat tastes totally different!

I don't like European meat. It feels tasteless. I can't take milk, it causes me terrible problems. But when I take unpasteurized goat milk, it's okay(I can't take in great amounts though).

Anyway, eating only vegetarian was never the way people ate, previously to agriculture. Animal proteins were always there, not extensively, but at small quantities. And certainly, very little grains!! and milk was there too.

I gotta go, now!

richedie
Member # 14689

Brussels, it is hard to argue with the research that has shown this over and over again. Just sayn. [Smile] I know plenty of people who have done this successfully, hence part of why I did it. [Smile]

Humans have been eating grains far before civilization. There is proof going way back toeard earlier times of evolution. Civilization did not start with production of grains. We now have strong evidence going back many thousands of years prior....we find new evidence all the time.

Humans should not consume dairy anyway. Cow's milk is for calves, period...not humans. Humans are the only ones that consume another species milk. Weird.

People are biological herbivors, nothing wrong with a little meat once in a while. I eat some about once a month and I do fine. We are close relatives to the primates and they are herbivores but a few insects and the rare meat do sip in so it is not a big deal.

All the longest living and healthiest cultures in the world have been plant based with the rare meat consumption so I have history on my side, plus I tend to eat what my body was designed to eat. Anybody can look at the human digestive system and see meat really does not fit into the equation.

Believe what you want. I look at science, history and biology and what is right in front of me.

I also know how much better I feel eating vegetarian and look at the people's lives I have changed when I was a training and had lots of people make the switch.

Has also been shown time and time again that when people are poor and have to rely more on things like potatoes, grains, veggies, basicaly plant based...they have improved helath. This has been documented countless times in history. Can't even argue with it.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the meat thing MIGHT be that we americans have all kinds of crud in our meat...

all kinds of crud in alot of our food actually. not good for anything.

I dont think food that isnt food isnt good for out guts or anything else...

but what kind of opinion would u expect from someone with sevre mcs and a long ever groeing list of food senstivities [bonk]

kidsgotlyme - i though my nerves were hurting from yeast because everytime i was eating they were hurting more. turned out i have alot of food senstivities and it seems it was really related to that. just my expereince though

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement