LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Muscle testing with Pendulum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle testing with Pendulum
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
I wanted to start working with muscle testing and I spoke with someone who did it with a pendulum. I have one and know the basics.

I'm just having trouble getting a soild reading. I ask the pend to tell me what signal is yes, and which is no, and it's not really clear or consistent. Does this take time?

Also, I have been both standing and sitting (not crossed leg, with feet on ground). I have read in some places to place the other hand under the pend while asking the questions (to help with the energy level), but some other sites say just to hold it in front of you.

Any help would be great!

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mom uses a pendulum for "muscle testing" and has told me that she has to "remove" herself from the question mentally so that there is no influence from thought into the response from the pendulum. Not sure how this works, I can't use a pendulum myself.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, you should clean the pendulum in some sea salt water. The other thing you need to do is program it by purposely moving it vertically and state "this means yes"

Then do the same thing horizontaly and state "this means no" Important to clear your mind like Razzle stated. You can probably get some demonstrations by going to youtube and typing in pendulum.

Gael

[ 08-12-2011, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a long time to learn, but I am pretty good at it now. When testing a substance, I use the other hand to hold the substance against my abdomen. When testing without a substance, I just hold that free hand down to my side.

It helped me a lot to have someone else testing me on things, so I got the answer for myself and then had them test and saw which ones I got right and wrong and slowly saw progress of getting more and more right.

It is important to focus on the question and the substance, and not what you think the answer should be or what you want the answer to be.

It is also important to learn how tightly/loosely to hold the pendulum, if you hold it too tight you get the wrong answer, it really needs to be loose and free to go.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please folks, this is NOT a scientific method. We did a pendulum experiment in my high school freshman science class (years ago), and as long as you are touching the string on the pendulum, you are subsconsciously making it move. (The Ouija board works on the same principle.)

Attach the string to something stable without even touching it, and watch it NOT MOVE.

If you are trying to treat yourself using this method, please think twice.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It works through the natural vibrations of your body and subconscious, not an object that is not attached to you. I agree though, that it does take practice.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree with the subconscious part. But how valid is that really? Wishful thinking?
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Cheryl,

As stated above from other posters, you have to completely clear your mind from chatter and what you want the outcome to be. It takes practice lots of practice.

Energy medicine is new to a lot of people, and studying things like Reiki could be helpful to have a better understanding.

I am a skeptical person, and I always need validation. I do understand why you would be skeptical as well, but this illness has taken me on a journey to investigate ALL possibilities to get well including Quantum physics, energy medicine,( Reiki), psychic phenomina relating to medical intuition etc.

Everyone needs to go on their own journey to heal, and we should not judge what works for others. We don't have that many avenues to get well from this horrific disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it Kinesiology?

The autonomic nervous system responding to the substance?

Like if someone walked into a room with something you were allergic to and put it close to you or on you... you're body would go into fight or flight mode and the muscles would tighten, the adrenals would release cortisol, etc etc?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been able to get this to work for me. Maybe I fear fooling myself. But I have three crystals in the window I was planning to take down to clean today and I will try it again.

I know how to meditate to clear the mind. There are some very strange things that actually do work that I believe in because experience has proven it to me.

I would have more faith in kinesiology working for me doing it myself, than anyone else charging me to do it. I have paid other people to do it with negative results. One chiropractor actually gave me something I was allergic to. Two vets did it on my horses are were completely out of the stadium in their diagnosis.
Just a waste.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not 100% sure, but its' much better than pure guessing!

If it doesn't work, it could be: your regulation is not open. Most people called that 'not grounded'.

Get out on barefoot, take sun, breath deeply many times, fast and slow, ingest your best binders, who knows you can get grounded. When you feel good, try again.

I don't like the pendulum because it makes me VERY tired. I prefer something like the Omura O-ring test. It doesn't drain my energy.

Once you master that, it is the MOST important thing I ever learned in my lyme disease story. I use it as a ruler for everything. Even knowing it is NOT 100% true, it is an excellent guide.

Try other methods until you find one that fits you!
good luck!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I learned about myself is....I get knocked off line alot. When you are not cleared or your body/mind/spirit is in overload, you aren't going to be 100%.

That's why for me if it's a really important decisions I don't trust my ability for muscle testing. I need a trusted healer that can get everything flowing again.

This will only make sense to someone that has been around someone really in tune to you and your bodies openness.

The body will unknownly tell mistruths and add confusions. After all aren't you confused often about the signals your body is sending?

There are good medical doctors and bad. It's sometimes hard to figure out good from bad. Sometimes there are bad chiros, bad healers etc.

Grounding is very hard for my body? I believe it to be an overload that must be recognized.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grounding is a whole art in itself, for lyme sufferers. Not for normal people, it is much easier!!

I can get grounded (open regulation) using different techniques. If you eat allergic foods, you won't be easily grounded. So cut all allergenic foods is step 1.

Then tap all MFT points for minimum 45 seconds, breathing deep.

If your body is loaded with either toxins or infections or both, and some are screaming outloud, you need the substance that will relieve the problem just closeby you (near your body, on your lap, hands, or ingested). Sometimes only that will open your regulation (usually the case for many lyme sufferers).

Some other people are burdened by psychological pressure, so much, nothing works except EFT or MFT or make the person to breathe deeply while suffering what he/she is suffering. Like breathing out the problem. It can take 5 minutes or a bit more.

Some people get open with taking off all meetals from their body, all mobile phones around, taking off anything bad (clothes, dark colored clothes that cause allergy)... Even the size tag behind the neck (from clothes) causes regulation to close, a metalic bra, a nylon t-shirt, soap you use to wash clothes....

Another hints, I put above.

Usually, tapping 9 MFTs, taking off non-natural tissues from the body, doing tests on empty stomach, going barefoot on grass, breathing deep for about 5 minutes will make the energetic tests work for most people. That is my feeling!

Good luck!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Possibly a placebo effect, but not scientifically proven, in my opinion.

But whatever gives one comfort, maybe that is enough. However, I would like to see more science behind it.

That's just my opinion. Thanks for letting me share it.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Cheryl, it is not scientific, but what is scientific? People with PhDs are using energetic tests all over the world. Many are medical doctors.

Dr. K. cures autism (really cures in many cases) and puts lyme into remission and other chronic diseases with energetic tests. He himself was a lyme sufferer. He's got amazing success rates. He's one with a PhD and 3 university diplomas.

I did get to total remission from lyme, and so my daughter. Most of it, I thank energetic tests. Without energetic tests, I bet I was going to be fighting lyme until the last day I live still in tick land.

I get bitten almost every year. This summer, already 4 times!!!

I do feel okay, not panicking, because I know I have two things in my hands: photon therapy and energetic tests to guide me, in case I fall sick again. I don't even use repellents, and refuse to be away from forests and nature.

Dr. W. has such a long list of healing lyme in Germany. He does energetic tests and developed his protocols using energetic tests. The list of people getting better in these last years is too long to be dismissed.

Are you guys going to be waiting until a big corporation will invest money to prove a treatment that brings them no profit or little profit??

I'm not that patient! Nor naive.

They are spending their money to put away our rights to chose natural treatments! That is where they are putting their money! And they do it systematically, every single minute.

They are the ones who push doctors to use their 'scientifically proven' chemicals. They anyway got the money to 'scientifically' prove them!

Is it scientific proven that you get better from chronic lyme with any methods whatsoever? I just wonder.

And who garantees you that what is 'scientifically' proven will work for you?

I'm a researcher myself. Or was. Until I have gone far in research to know that absolutely everything is biased. And VERY biased. I got totally convinced about that when I got my own PhD.

And I had no pharma industry behind, my research was historical and anthropological, financed by the government. With corporations behind to finance you, there can be no real research.

But you don't need to be a researcher to know that. Just read internet articles about quantum physics to know that nothing in the so called 'scientific world' is neutral.

All depends on the person who sees and studies.

About placebo effect: when you let yourself listen to someone wearing white clothes, stating the name of your disease, dictating your remedies to take, going through exams with impressive machines you can barely grasp, ...

...and listen to them talking about terms you understand nothing, but trust the person who is talking about that know, well, know that there is a huge PLACEBO effect going on.

The moment you step into the hospital or doctor's office, and entitle them to help curing you, you are already taking placebo effect treatment.

The fact of ingesting anything with the purpose of healing anything is intimately activating the placebo effect. All doctors know that.

Placebo is not bad. It is a complex subject, and if one can get helped with placebo, why not?

Are we sufferers here to get better?

Or are we here to be put into scientific experiements to show we can get better with this or other treatment?

A Chinese proverb say: what works is what is true.

Acupunture was not proven, but used for about 4,000 years in China or more. Only now, meridians are started to be proven to exist as people can SEE them with infrared equipment. Go to Pubmed and get the articles!

Do we have to wait 4,000 years to start using acupuncture because it was not scientifically proven? [Roll Eyes]

This is also just my opinion, but quite a strong one!! [bonk] I've been thinking about the subject for too long after my neuro lyme got cured!!! [Big Grin]

Before lyme, no one would ever convince me that pulling my arms could dictate a treatment or a diagnostic. No one!

Now, after all I've gone through, I have no doubt that energetic tests are one of the best way to go if you want to get better faster from chronic lyme.

It speeds up the trial and error process about 10 times or more. You save money, and get better fast. Taht's all. At least for me, my daughter, my practioners here in Europe and for these 2 doctors I cited above.

Please, don't take it too bad, Cheryl. Nothing personal, it's just I get itchy when I hear the expression 'scientifically proved'. [Smile]

fadingout
Member # 32511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fadingout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe how gullible people on this forum are. What's next astrology?
Posts: 57 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Astrology you say? There have been MANY disussions here on increased symptoms during a full moon.

FYI, Medical Astrology is an ancient healing system. When you keep ALL of your options open, with a difficult to eradicate disease like Lyme, you might find down the road, it could be helpful in getting well.

Please don't knock people on this forum, many have a great deal of knowledge, are great researchers, and can give you insights that you may not have. [Smile]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fadingout, yes we've all lost our minds on this site. Actually you will find us to be very intelligent, compassionate, type A driven beings.

Some have figured out many years ago this is not some illness to take a pill or two or thousands and return to life as we had known?

Many choose to stay in that box and do recover. Many don't and open thier minds to other possible ways to improve ones health and well being.

We are not crazy fading!!!!!!!!!!! We are very ill and have learned to be more open minded, than we ever thought we would be. I remember laughing to myself about some things people were attempting to get well years ago.

Most of us were crazy enough in the beginning to think our medical doctors could "cure" anything. Especially something as simple as lyme disease & co.

I picked up this signature for many reasons. One was to keep my sanity and not to loose hope.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

I'll try to be open minded, and keep what you all said in the back of my mind.

There have been reports that some people have not benefited from energetic testing. Perhaps, clinical trials would best answer this issue, at least for me anyway.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Stephen Buhner in his 2013 book HEALING LYME DISEASE COINFECTIONS has this to say on pg. 14:

" When approaching the treatment of coinfections, the approach should be depth based with rigor of analysis. The bacterial infections need to be identified (and no, muscle testing is not reliable enough, and no, ELISA is not either--neither should be relied upon as a diagnostic definitive.)"

People that are new to this forum need to be educated with both sets of information to make informed decisions. Thanks to all for sharing their experiences.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brussels:
It's not 100% sure, but its' much better than pure guessing!

So true! It's also much better than taking a pill every day because your doctor told you to, IMO.

Muscle testing in general (not just with a pendulum) is just one of those things. Some people get it, and some people don't.

I am so glad that I opened my mind to it. It helps me everyday.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement