LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Greatest discovery since penicillin: A cure for everything - from colds to HIV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greatest discovery since penicillin: A cure for everything - from colds to HIV
emla999/Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The greatest discovery since penicillin: A cure for everything - from colds to HIV

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2024492/Greatest-discovery-penicillin-Scientists-work-drug-cure-viruses--including-flu.html

I hope this turns out to be true!!!

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This man may become the richest person in the Universe. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the comments on that article:

The cure for all viral diseases was discoved back in 1968. If anyone is interested check out Pyro-Energen.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2024492/Greatest-discovery-penicillin-Scientists-work-drug-cure-viruses--including-flu.html#ixzz1UmnZx2B8

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime I hear "cure all" I run.

Let's not forget in the '20s antibiotics were deemed "the end of bacteria as we know it ."

Well they were partly right. LOL

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymenotlite:
One of the comments on that article:

The cure for all viral diseases was discoved back in 1968. If anyone is interested check out Pyro-Energen.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2024492/Greatest-discovery-penicillin-Scientists-work-drug-cure-viruses--including-flu.html#ixzz1UmnZx2B8

Interesting concept behind Pyro-Energen theory. I am a bit alarmed what they have to say about machines that produce electrical current in the body. I'm assuming this would apply to Rife technology.

Doctors are just trying to apply available drugs and modern medical machines. Most of these machines and drugs penetrate and induce current into the body. In return, the electric current creates side effects, which means that you are creating new strain of disease. Anything that passes or penetrates the body produces Joule heat. Anything that produces Joule heat in the body has side effects whether it is serious, mild or unnoticeable at all.

http://www.pyroenergen.com/process.htm

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting, emla!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why, but lately with the Leukemia cure, this "Greatest Discovery..." and others I am reminded of the movie "I am Legend".

Also, why are they allowed to push the "H1N1" swine flu vaccine through all the red tape in a couple of months, but others take decades???

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, if this new compound does indeed end up being proven to be both safe for humans and effective against most viral infections then I wonder if someone or some group will try to prevent people from having access to it???

If it becomes available and is both effective and safe against most viral infections such as the cold, flu, HIV, XMRV and etc. then in the short term due to their patent I would guess that the drug company could potentially make huge sums of money but eventually it would become a generic drug and thus the long term profit potential may not be as lucrative as they would like. And would annual vaccination become a thing of the past???
And would other antiviral drugs become a thing of the past as well???

As I heard long ago, there is more money to be made in "treating" the symptoms of health problems than there is in actually curing what is causing the health problem.

So, if this stuff really is safe and a cure for most if not all viral related infections/diseases then unfortunately I doubt if this stuff will ever see the light of day again.

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom2kids,

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard the Leukimia cure they were talking about on TV. I for one was super scared after seeing that movie and believe it or not I think it can happen!!

I guess that's why the natural cures seem more right these days than all the doctored stuff.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chootik:
Mom2kids,

I for one was super scared after seeing that movie

will smith's acting can do that to anyone [Wink]

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like they would hurry up the trial on humans since there are people dying with HIV. What would they have to lose if the person is dying? Take a person with rabies for instance, who is doomed. Why not try it?

Sometimes science makes no sense to me. I saw the leukemia research on the news and no one would fund it. So it was privately funded by a woman whose daughter-in-law died from breast cancer.

WHen the results were good, the government and drug companies jumped in - but is that a good thing? Not if it interferes with the billions they are making with cancer treating drugs. They are not interested in a cure so much as a profit.

Looking at diabetes research, there is a trial that another family privately funded. A TB vaccine that has been around for 80 years (and is very safe) was found to stop the autoimmune attack on beta cells. The shocking revelation was when the body regenerated beta cells and the patients did not need insulin.

The effect is short lived so they are doing the phase two of the study to determine how much, how far apart, how long - hoping if not a cure, than at least better management of the disease.

Well, the drug companies have no interest to fund this very promising research because there is no money in it. The drug is already available and very cheap. They need 25 million to do phase two of the trials, and so far only have 5 million. They expect it will be at least ten years before they can market it for this purpose.

My son has type one diabetes and I am keeping on eye on this.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys should watch "The Burzynski Movie" if you want to see how the government handles cures to serious illnesses.

You can watch the entire documentary for free on Youtube.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some intracellular pathogens can prevent apoptosis (cell death), so it will be interesting to see what happens with this research. And one of the comments on the newspaper article website pointed out that not all viruses are the RNA type.

Wait and see is always the right response to these big headlines about discoveries.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement