LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bladder urgency or irritable bladder?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bladder urgency or irritable bladder?
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know the difference? I was hoping D-Mannose would help with urgency but it hasn't. It is supposed to calm the lining of the bladder but hasn't worked for me.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got an appt with my obgyn to figure this out.

he's been suggesting a bladder tie up. my mom had it done but had no problems, however, her friend had it done and had a ton of problems.

mom had open surgery but her friend had vaginal.

i sure hope you figure it out. i'm interested too.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear....was hoping to avoid surgery.

I know that irritable bladder is common in lyme but does that include "urgency"?

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what you mean by "irritable"... do you mean it's painful as in irritated??

Urgency just means you have a sudden urge to go.

D-Mannose keeps the bacteria in check and can also kill bacteria if you get an infection.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme has caused my symptoms of urgency and frequency. These symptoms are always worse when I herx and flare.

There are some RX meds that can help reduce these symptoms. You may have to try a few to see what works for you without causing any side effects.

Some brand names are Sanctura, Detrol, Ditropan, Vesicare, and Enablex. Common side effects are constipation, dry mouth, dry eyes, and blurry vision. If you experience these things, take a lower dose or try another med.

Sanctura has helped me the most without any side effects. If I don't take the med I will wake up several times per night to go to the bathroom. With it, I can sleep all night and only sometimes wake up once. Being able to sleep uninterrupted is priceless.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart causes the need to urinate frequently and even bladder pain. i was going 4 times a night. Treatment stopped it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nefferdun:
Bart causes the need to urinate frequently and even bladder pain. i was going 4 times a night. Treatment stopped it.

Same problem here...I suspect bart because I haven't treated for it yet.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Lymetoo, I always thought irritable bladder meant frequent urination and am wondering if irritable bladder includes urgency as well as frequency. Don't have any pain at all.

I am treating Bart but it has suddenly gotten much worse. Hoping its a temporary thing.

Thanks so much for your replies!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's all in the "interpretation!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you guys also get Palpatations when you have to pee?

I think I have the bladder frequency but not sure what you guys mean by "urgency"?

I know I have to pee when I started getting uncomfortable and my heart starts beating fast. I think it has to do with neurotoxins in the pee that botter my bladder.

I didn't know D-Mannose is good for calming the bladder, I should try that.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's always Bart, but I could be wrong.

You might have Interstitial Cystitis like I do. It feels just like a UTI, but your urine tests will be negative.

An easy test is to go to the drugstore and buy an OTC natural med called Prelief in the antacid section. It removes acid from food without stopping your stomach from making the acid you need to keep bacteria down and absorb calcium and B12. It is cheap and safe and it puts a stop to IC pain within 1-2 days.

Look up a list of acidic foods online and take 2 Prelief tabs whenever you eat or drink them. This eliminates the pain.

Urinary frequency can be due to low aldosterone or low anti-diuretic hormone (ADH). The low ADH is usually too mild to treat, as the medicine for it can be quite dangerous. Your doctor can test for that. It is proven to exist in most with Fibromyalgia and CFS, so if you've been dx'd with those in the past, you may have it.

You can test for low aldosterone simply by going into a completely dark room with a flashlight. Stand in the dark in front of a mirror for a minute, then shine the light at one eye from the side. Your pupil should contract. If it doesn't, or if it starts to fluctuate and cannot hold the contraction, then low aldosterone may be the culprit.

Either of those problems can make you have to pee a lot. I have been peeing 15-20 times daily for 25 years now because of this. If I try to hold it when it hurts bad and I need to go, that will cause my heart to race. I think that is caused by the dysautonomia.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry23
Member # 28383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast? I had more frequent, painful, urgent, urination with the yeast and with just plain antibiotics. My son has it bad from yeast, I think he has prostratitis.

--------------------
30 Supplements
Awaiting new protocol
Diagnosed 2nd time 9/08/2011
with positive western blot
No co infection

Posts: 74 | From Pine Island, NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klutzo.

Thanks for the info.

Could one have IC and not have pain? I just have the uncomfortable feeeling a bit and the palpatations. So are you taking ADH? I do have low ADH hormone but the doc didn't want to give me anything for it. He says when the infections are treated that will get better, but I'm not sure.

I will give Prelief a try and see if it does anything for me.

Kerry23, I def. think yeast can have an effect on the bladder. I did a Urine Amino Acid Test and my Beta-Alanine was off the chart! Yeast produces Beta-Alanine and that also can make you pee a lot and loose electrolytes and minerals.

I'm treating for yeast and will test again soon to see if I got it all. But I still have this issue!

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that when my yeast acts up, I am up 4-6 times a night. when I treat the yeast, I'm only up 2 times a night.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement