LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dental Conditions - What you need to be aware of

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dental Conditions - What you need to be aware of
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://livingnetwork.co.za/dentalnetwork/root-canals/root_canals_and_cavitations/
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how do you know if you have a cavitation? I had an abscessed molar several years ago which was pulled by a biological dentist (not sure what that really means). I have no pain, swelling, etc. My jaw does seem to be misaligned (my teeth don't line up anymore), but that didn't occur after the tooth was pulled. Its a part of the Lyme. RA is my main Lyme symptom so I figured this jaw problem was just another joint issue. Every other joint in my body has been affected so why not the jaw. I guess maybe I need to call my doc as well as the doc who pulled the tooth and see if either of them know anything about cavitations.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Well trained dentists can read the x-ray and can find a cavitation if it is there. It can be easily found and located by ART or other energetic testing.
It was the first recommendation I got from my doctor: exactly in these words -- "if you want to get well, see a dentist who understands".

If you you just pull a tooth for whatever reason, the area needs to be filled with a replacement or the rest of the teeth will start shifting. Very few dentists know enough about the infection remaining in the jawbone and just leave it there. That is a perfect place for pathogens to move in stronger especially Bartonella and Babesia. They love the contaminated habitat without oxygenation because it lets them survive.

Dentists knowledgable in jaw infections are rare and some of the best ones we had had to stop their practicing -- same as LLMD's that don't fit the AMA or ADA's idea of practicing medicine or dentistry.

Sad all the way around. The good ones are still around, but for obvious reasons don't hang out a shingle "cavitations treated here".

I myself had two major operations cleaning out the whole jawone and that stopped the microorganisms from moving in and I am totally fine and have been for years from Lyme, and all. But if you ignore the serious aspect of teeth and dental infections, root canals, and heavy metal contamination be prepared for a long neverending haul. It will not end until you take care of it with the best dentist one can find.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having a infected root canal with jaw involvement removed in 2 weeks. So it's better to get an implant than to leave the space? Sounds like from the article I need to make sure the dentist gets the periodontal ligament as well as the tooth out.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Implants into a still unhealthy mouth, especially the metal implants which are still very common, is not a good idea. Implants are fine when all the bugs are gone, the heavy metals and thioether/mercaptans detoxed, and you are well again. Bartonella loves the teeth.

If I had to do it over again, I would get an inexpensive partial replacing the tooth, rather than grinding down other teeth for bridges, etc.
Most the time that only leads to more root canals and more tooth loss.

Yes, make sure the dentist is aware of the damage root canals cause and cleans out the area not leaving any soft bone and infection behind.
Thioether is a carcinogen that you want out as soon as you can. I have posted about it many times. Someone very close to me had implants following dental infections, denying Lyme, and now a couple three years later, has breast cancer. Root canals are bad news.

Read and learn all you can before you make a mistake.

Best wishes.

jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if there was a cavitation, it's not something that would occur years after the tooth was pulled, it would be immediate right (or at least relatively soon)? I had xrays done 6 months or a year after the tooth was pulled. It should show up there right? I really don't want more radiation. My cells already have shown some radiation damage.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The majority of dentists cannot read the x-ray correctly to detect that infected jawbone. Look for a dental surgeon who has done that work before. Some of them who had done the work for years can no longer do it, but have published.

Do not get a root canal. The method that is used today leads to mercaptans and thioether, the worst carcinogen there is (Heidelberg University -forgot the researchers name) do some research on these toxic substances). It is produced by the root canal and moves throughout the body. The breast is a very close point. In order to live, I had to remove all mine, including major portions of what used to be jawbone. The infection moves along from one area to the next. Bartonella takes up housekeeping in there.

The research tells us that all root canals eventually fail - some sooner, some later. Do some research about the subject on the internet.

Root canals are not painful, but they quietly infect eventually the jawbone. I had twelve of them and never felt any pain while my jawbone was literally turning into mush. The longer they are in there, the worse it gets. So if you can avoid getting a root canal in the first place, think about it.

As an aside, if Dr. K. treats a cancer patient who comes with a root canal, he recommends without hesitation they consider removing it and making sure that the jawbone is treated when necessary. A lot is done with ozone, but it will not work in an advanced case.

And never consider an implant while you have any signs of a chronic problem. You need a solid healthy bone to keep it. I had one implant, it was the first to go because the titanium created problems with all the different metals in my mouth. Lots of things I didn't know and most dentists are so toxic, they can't think logically any longer. I have yet to meet a healthy one. Many show up at the Klinghardt Academy when they realize they are sick and they need to learn what to do to get well!

Be very careful and research all you can.

Take care.

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting a tooth pulled on Friday due to an abscess. What should I do?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Interesting Gigi. Fortunately, I did not get a root canal or an implant so hopefully theres no problem with the tooth I had pulled. My dentist was one of the leaders in my state as far as going mercury free and he knew enough to tell me not to get an implant so maybe he'll know something about cavitations. I'll have my Lyme doc muscle test for it too. Hopefully one of them will be able to figure it out and ease my mind that there's no problem. Otherwise I suppose I'll be looking for another doc/surgeon.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement