LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme in your gut causing autoimmune disease! Must see!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme in your gut causing autoimmune disease! Must see!!
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UNDERSTANDING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE with Dr. N. H, DC, DABCI on Hawthorn University's Free Public Webinar -- 10/19/10.

Autoimmune diseases are rapidly increasing yet conventional medicine does not identify the underlying causes nor does it offer healthy solutions.

Autoimmune diseases include thyroiditis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Sjogren's, Myasthenia Gravis and Celiac disease to name a few.

Dr. H. will cover the causes of autoimmune diseases and an overview of how these patients are treated. Nutrition plays a vital role in improving outcomes for these difficult cases.

Dr H. is board certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (only 200 chiropractors in the world have achieved this designation).

Dr. H. specializes in treating thyroid disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, Lyme disease, autoimmune diseases and hormone imbalances.

He has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, appeared on television, radio and is a well-known speaker.

He is the founder of the Functional Diagnostic Medical Center in Asheville, NC where he treats patients from all over the world who often come to him as a last resort.
-----

I did some brief notes for each part of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlWictlEc_Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NV_ZdjgMjA
(what bread, pasta etc, gluten can do to your GI tract)
(how does auto immune disease starts)
He explains what are Blood-brain-barrier, gut barrier�

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlWictlEc_Q&feature=related
(mercury causes autoimmune disease)
(the easiest way to get autoimmune disease, is to inject people with heavy metals)
(chemicals can disrupt the immune system and break the intestinal barrier)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAZ-U82IT0&feature=related
Lupus, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, sjogrens are just names for the diseases. The cause is what is important.

All autoimmune diseases are caused by similar causes.

Drugs, Viruses, bacteria can cause lupus, it is proved. But conventional treatment doesn�t� treat lupus with anti infectious agents.

Hashimoto�s thyroid caused or triggered by many factors.

Vit D is a great regulator to prevent autoimmunity!

Treat food sensitivities. Eliminate all foods that patient eats every day for years! Ex, eggs, bread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGJF4DfE00&feature=related

high protein diet to eliminate toxins
gengibre, kefir help

sugar destroys GI barrier

70% of immune system is in the gut

Eliminate toxins (dry cleaning is very bad).

No fluor, no chlore.

Dry cleaning (clothes, poisoning).

Furniture full of chemicals.

Lyme disease cause autoimmune.

Lyme can cause MS, ALS or are connected with.

Immune diseases can be balanced by eliminating the infection, reducing toxic chemical load and healing the intestinal barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPps3hL6qo

If you find cause, you can become in remission, shut down own attack of body.

Nutrition plays a key role in all aspects of overcoming autoimmune diseases.

Alkaline body is better than acidic. Diet is the way to control that.
Conclusion. Important to find out why they got the autoimmune disease.

Treatments can be worse than disease itself.
Steroids break down the body, can cause osteoporosis. Medications can be very hard.
You don�t have to live with these diseases. Treat food sensitivities, eat well, heal the intestine.

Rheaumatoid Arthritis are related to:
Proteus, EBV, mycobacteria, mycoplasma, chlamydia, yersinia, salmonella, shigella, camphylobacter, staph, strep, candida, lostridium, borrelia, leptospira, erysiplotrix, kleibsella, oral bacteria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0xphpk3Jpw&feature=related
Conventional medical care will not go after the cause of the immune disease.

Mercury in amalgams. Allergy to mercury. Taking off amalgams can improve heatlh, but not always.

Optimize Vit D can reduce your risks of developing autoimmune disease.

Endometriosis could be autoimmune.

Fibromyalgia is not autoimmune. Sometimes it will go along with autoimmune conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8h6UHiAVM&feature=related
Autoimmune is Th1 or Th2 dominant.

Th1 =astragalus, equinacea
Th2 = resveratrol, green tea, pine bark extract.

Each person is different.

Genetic test for autoimmune is controversial.

Organic acid tests, aminoacids status is important.

One autoimmune disease person can have other autoimmune. Numbers increasing.

Omega 3 are important, but not in excess. Ratio is important.

Psoriasis can go to remission. Most are infectious in nature, candida or bacterial infection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTuVUS0Uw7k&feature=related

Hashimoto Thyroide caused by a tick bite.

Why is there a correlation between lyme and gluten?
Lyme has coinfections, like bartonella , babesia, bartonella are devastating to the intestinal barrier.

Gluten is hard to digest for even health people. It is a horror food to digest.

If you have an infection compromising digestion, you throw gluten on top, you can get leaky gut, you increase food allergies�

Infection is the first part of the gluten problem.
It could be the other way round: gluten was already a problem (allergy), it lowers immunity, when they get bitten by tick, patient collapses because of low immunity.

Steroids is not easy on patients, adrenals are wiped out. Get aminoacids levels checked.

Amount of Vit D: with autoimmune between 800 and 100. More than normal people.

[ 08-22-2011, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, great info. I'm gonna forward your post to my Lyme email list.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I'm sending this to my sister and nieces. Very helpful.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. I also liked it, easy explanation and lots of good tips for prevention of leaky gut and allergies.

I understood why my food allergies soared everytime my lyme was active. Every time my lyme got dormant, they simply got back and almost disappear.

I still have sensitivities or allergies on and off.

It made me think about eating wheat...

Dr. Mercola is recently publishing lots of articles talking about how bad is HIGH consumption of pure carbs, wheat included.

I'm just copy-paste the end of Mercola's article:
Search Gary Taubes, Deadliest Nutrient in Mercola's site

-----------

"I point out in my book that hypertension is associated [with] obesity� Gout is a hypertensive state; [so is] heart disease. So that's why we want to avoid hypertension; because of heart disease and stroke� The simplest possible hypothesis is: Whatever causes all these diseases causes hypertension too.

The way we think about it now is you get fat because you eat too much. You get heart disease because of saturated fat. You get diabetes because you're sedentary. You get hypertension because of salt, and you get gout because of meat and alcohol. Yet hypertension is a common condition on all of them, so maybe it's something else."

That "something else" appears to be insulin resistance. And what do we know causes insulin resistance? Sugar, primarily fructose, and grain carbohydrates. Taubes agrees:

"Your simplest possible hypothesis is [that] it's the carbohydrates from the diet; the sugar and the refined carbohydrates that raise insulin and in turn raises blood pressure, causes hypertension, causes obesity, causes diabetes, causes heart disease.

The funny thing is the research community doesn't like these unified theories because it makes you sound like a quack.

And yet� remember these clinical trials where you put somebody on a high-fat, high-saturated fat but low-carbohydrate diet without sugars;

not only all their heart disease risk factors improve and their diabetes risk factors improve, but their blood pressure drops. It drops just as much in those studies as it does in this DASH-sodium study.

� What I'm trying to do is to get the medical research community and these public health authorities to look at this evidence, and look at it in an unbiased perspective. If you do that, everything implicates the carbohydrates."

Diet has a profound impact on your health. Of this there can be no doubt. And I hope this interview will have given you more ammunition with which to resist the status quo and turn a deaf ear to what many call "conventional health wisdom," which in many cases turns out to be little more than half-baked theories that fall apart upon closer scrutiny.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...And yet� remember these clinical trials where you put somebody on a high-fat, high-saturated fat but low-carbohydrate diet without sugars;

not only all their heart disease risk factors improve and their diabetes risk factors improve, but their blood pressure drops. It drops just as much in those studies as it does in this DASH-sodium study.

� What I'm trying to do is to get the medical research community and these public health authorities to look at this evidence, and look at it in an unbiased perspective. If you do that, everything implicates the carbohydrates."

I totally agree!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the carbs, the gluten, or the impact of micro-organisms that feed on the sugars?

That's not answered by this study...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx - one little comment - I was able to stop my psoriasis by drinking oxygenated water. It went away in a week's time.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
Thx - one little comment - I was able to stop my psoriasis by drinking oxygenated water. It went away in a week's time.

What do you mean by "oxygenated"? H2O2? Ozone? Bubble stones?

Thanks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadesofpurple
Member # 23923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadesofpurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

where do you get oxygenated water? does it have anything else in it ?

thx

Posts: 86 | From Central PA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels,

Great article!

I know my issues are mostly in my Gut, everytime I eat I get palpatations and bloating and it seems I have major issues with Candida and I'm sure Lyme has also injured my gut.

Question, Is there a test to see if our bodies are more Th1 or Th2 dominant? I'm assuming everyone can be different.

Healing the gut is so important. I have a friend with Chrones Disease and the thing that healed her gut was... Organic Raw Milk, Quefier and Butter. She tried everything else, couldn't even take probiotics but the the above healed her gut.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Razzle, look at the UTUBE videos above and get your own answers! UTUBE doctor didn't talk about carbs in general. he only talked about gluten.

Lyme bacteria (coinfections included) and gluten are a bad combination.

Gluten is hard to digest even for healthy people.
---------
Now the Mercola article talks about CARBS. How the studies are not looking at the whole evidence.

And Gary SUGGESTS that the main culprit for many chronic diseases COULD be high carb intake.

-----------
Cootik,

I think it's possible to test for Th1 or Th2 dominance but I'm not sure how. You got to ask your doctor, I suppose?

Diet is important, isn't it? See that your friend got healed from Chrons with high protein, saturated fats, and probiotics!

I guess the raw milk is also a good tip. Mercola agrees with it!

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder why he never mentions parasites as a major cause of degenerative disease, especially since 90% of the population has them.

Hulda Clark has suggested they play a big part in cancer. Dr. K. says parasites are a very big problem in Lyme disease.

I agree diet is important as well, but I really never bought the autoimmune theory. As GiGi mentions in the Babushka principal, the parasites are carrying the bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, fungus, yeast etc in their coats.

If you don't get rid of the parasites, the other pathogens are difficult to eradicate. Just my 2 cents.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Gael, you are right. There are other things missing there, like EMRs boosting candida for example. But it's just a doctor's opinion.

I found it was interesting anyway, that an autoimmune doctor knew so much about lyme and coinfections and did the whole correlation, explained how food allergies appear etc.

His presentation is short too, so I don't know how much he's sharing.

He relies only on lab tests, if I understood well. Few lab tests can catch most parasites, as most are unknown or not tested, right?

While Hulda Clark believes on the parasite story, her protocols to kill do not seem very efficient, most of the times... No doctor is perfect, that is my point...

It's up to us to connect the dots. So this is just one more thread helping us connect the dots.

While parasites are important according to dr. K., EMRs play such a huge part in everything, but most people just forget about solving the EMR problem. How many years is he talking about EMRs?

Now he's screaming for the EMR problem saying that even mercury and other heavy metals play a lesser role in disease today, than EMR. But still, while his heavy metal theory became widely accepted by even skeptics, the EMR theory is still to be accepted.

So, yes, lets add to the list of things to deal: diet, parasites and EMRs!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Lots of good info I had missed!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Keebler.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement