LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dark field microscopy and use of IV dioxychlor and sulfoximine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dark field microscopy and use of IV dioxychlor and sulfoximine
Noriah White
Member # 23216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noriah White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am wondering if any of you have used dark field microscopy to diagnose lyme disease and/or if you have had IVs of dioxychlor and sulfoximine? I am scheduled to see a MD who uses these and I have become worried as these methods seem to be the ones used by Dr. Bradford who has been charged with fraud. He is also the developer of the Bradford microscope which he said was able to diagnose lyme disease. Wondering if I should cancel my appointment! Thanks for any thoughts!

Posts: 10 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am VERY open to alternative tx including the salt/c protocol which I currently do. However, I would NEVER let any doctor run an IV of dioxychlor or sulfoximine through me. I just feel it could be dangerous.

I have used dioxychlor oraly yrs ago and it did nothing for me. I don't have a problem with the darkfield microscope and other alternative protocols.

Just my own feelings. Hopefully others will come along with insights for you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noriah White
Member # 23216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noriah White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you so much for your reply! The idea also makes me quite nervous - so thank you!
Posts: 10 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My original Lyme diagnosis was via darkfield. You could definitely see the spirochetes. I've found it very helpful. I don't know anything about the other treatments you mentioned.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my daughter's docs used a microscope to examine blood. We observed a spirochete trying desparately to get into a red blood cell, and then morphing into the cyst form! Later we saw one successfully get into the cell. Creepy, but good confirmation of what we were dealing with! However, the tests "were not for diagnostic purposes."
Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noriah White
Member # 23216

Thanks so much for your input. I think I will see this doctor and go through his diagnostic process and see what he is recommending. I will think long and hard and ask a million questions before subjecting myself to anything that I think is questionable. This is quite a journey!
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just in case you are not aware of this, dioxychlor is chemically the same as MMS.

I have nothing against MMS Dioxychlor or more accurately chlorine dioxide as a treatment method. I use it myself, but orally, and not for Lyme.

I just think you should know exactly what it is you will be using as a treatment.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noriah White
Member # 23216

Thanks for your input but what does MMS stand for? And can you let me know what you are using it orally for, as in, what are you treating? Thanks!
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMS is Miracle Mineral Solution. When mixed properly it produces chlorine dioxide which oxidizes acidic pathogens in the body.

The FDA is trying to stop its distribution, and warns against using it as a treatment for anything.

I have used it as a Crohn's Disease treatment, and for Flu, Colds, food poisoning, etc.

It is quite effective for many things, but it is a tough treatment to take for Lyme. Some people with Lyme do not do well with it. Others swear by it.

It worked quite effectively for my wife, who does have Lyme, but it also caused her stomach problems after a while. This is often the case for her using any oral treatment.

She had to stop using it for that reason.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shachar
Member # 31825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shachar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to a LLMD that uses the darkfield test at every appointment to check my process of my treatment. It has been very helpful in determining the progess and of the effectiveness of my current treatments. I do have regular labwork along the way too. It is a great way to check and see the current statis of my blood and if are any active spirochete, fungus and etc in my blood. I would definitely give it a try.
Blessings!

Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noriah White
Member # 23216

Thanks so much for your input! It does certainly seem like it would be a useful way to see how the treatment is going!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement