LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does LDN make you feel tired?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does LDN make you feel tired?
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it normal to feel really tired when you first start LDN? I am only taking 1.5 mg instead of 3-4.5mg. I started it 4 days ago. At first it was hard to sleep so I thought that was it, but last night I slept ten hours and felt almost sleepy all day. Do endorphins make you feel tired?

I feel extremely unbothered most of the time. I think even on this very low dose I am making a lot more endorphins than I am used to. It is like being in LaLa Land - almost loopy.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took my body about a month to adjust, but it's helping me now.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started LDN about 2 weeks ago, give or take...started at 1mg and working up. I am having major fatigue problems and a general increase in symptoms.

several on my support group started LDN at the same time and most, not all, of us are having fatigue issues and skin breakouts..amongst some other neurological exacerbations.

If you research LDN, this is often the case in the beginning, for several reasons, the immune system is being turned on and is working hard (increased fatigue) and symptom exacerbation may be because the immune system is fighting infections and we are having flare/die-off.

there is a LDN yahoo group if you're interested.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jecati
Member # 26700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jecati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's different for everyone but I did have an increase in symptoms in the beginning but by week 3 or so I was feeling a positive difference.

I started on 4.5 but took 1/2 a capsule the first couple nights only. My llmd wanted me to get up to 4.5 asap. I took melatonin the first couple nights as well to help with sleep.

You may just not be getting 'good' sleep because of the ldn, just hang in there and give it time, I do hope it works out for you as it has me and others!

Posts: 83 | From NC | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses. I felt like I had been given a horse tranquilizer. Today was not as bad so maybe I am getting used to it, but I still have to double what I am taking to get up to the correct dose.

I am very excited about it working. I joined the yahoo group but have no luck getting responses to my questions. I did a lot of research but couldn't find any information about it causing tiredness at first so I am glad to know that is normal.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had horrible fatigue and bones ached. I was working full time and had to stop. I plan to try again as the benefits can be wonderful.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.fiikus.net/?ldn very good article about LDN with links to more info/ groups, etc.
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been on LDN since March 2011. Def had fatigue early on but it did not last. Feel great on it now. I had sleep issues early on as well which made me extra tired too. Took maybe 6 weeks to normalize.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Thank you for that link, feelfit. I was glad to see diabetes listed as one of the things LDN helps as I am trying to convince my adult son with LADA to try it. Dr. Bihari had 6 diabetic patients that went into remission - no further beta cell destruction.

I emailed Dr Z and he was kind enough to respond, saying essentially there have been no trials to prove it's effectiveness on diabetes but it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

I am going to order the medical text book about it for my son and maybe that will help.

ktk, I have read many MS patients quit using it because of pain.

What dose did you guys take?

--------------------

feelfit
Member # 12770

I started at .50 mg for 3 days, 1 mg for 3 days, 2 mg/ 3days, 3mg/3days...3.50 about 5 days and holding at that for awhile.

my rx is for 4.5 mg.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I am still at 1.5 mg because I am having trouble falling asleep. I use a bit of seroquil to stay asleep. When I first started LDN I did not take the seroquil and was up for three hours in the middle of the night. Insomnia is something I have always struggled with.

Dr. Z has done research on LDN and says it is ok to take during the day. I will have to look that up.

--------------------

landerss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefferdun, I just started at 1.5mg a few weeks ago and upped it to 3mg last few nights. It has actually helped my fatigue, but as with feelfit, I'm having increased skin breakout.

Keep us posted, and I'll do same!

--------------------
Increasingly ill over past 10 yrs; treating since October '08.

Posts: 180 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

OK. I feel pretty good now. I notice I feel calmer and happier. I hope it helps to get me into remission. My fatigue is gone.

I need to locate a doctor in Seattle to RX it for my son.

--------------------

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had major aches and pains, along with feeling uneasy and adrenaline.

I started on 1.5mg and did that for over 2 weeks. Had to stop because work and family were suffering.

Maybe this winter??

Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement