LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Bartonella - What do your supps look like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Bartonella - What do your supps look like?
JenInMa
Member # 31544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenInMa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kids are taking multi, D, Probiotics, B complex, magnesium, Omega 3 & Ginko. I'm open to more or less or fine tuning their regime. My son has Bartonella and it's still unclear if daughter has co-infections. We're still fairly new to this whole thing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--------------------
IGG 41++, 58+
IGM 31 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND

Son (most chronically ill)
IGG 41+
IGM 39 IND, 41+++
Bartonella positive

Daughter
IGG 39 IND, 41++, 58+
IGM 31+, 41 IND, 83-93+

Posts: 39 | From Boston, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the recommended supplements for bart are the amino acid Cysteine, and Boluke or nattokinase to break up biofilm.

Resveratrol is supposed to help. High doses of Zhang's HH capsules can help when taken with abx. Some people have had good results with A-bart and A-bab. I haven't tried them.

You need abx to cure bart and babs and almost everyone has mulitple infections. In fact, one of the famous LLMDs said he has never seen a patient with only borellia (lyme). It is the infections working together to suppress the immune system that keeps us chronically ill.

We need to take something for detoxing the effects of the die off as well as the drugs, on the liver and kidneys. My favorite is Alpha Lipoic Acid as it is a very powerful antioxidant. It is also very good for the brain. A lot of people use Milk thistle for liver support.

When there is a lot of inflammation from die off, quercetin is helpful. For serious cases IV Glutathione offers the most relief. Glutathione is not well absorbed orally but you can take the precursors to it which is L Methionine and Cysteine.

For lyme there is teasal root and TOA free cat's claw (or Samento). Grapefruit seed extract is supposed to help with the cyst form and it is very good for controlling yeast.

Derivatives of the herb artemesia are used in combination with drugs to treat Babesia. In order of potency, there is aretemesinin, artesunate and then artemether. Cryptolepsis is another one.
Best not to use these without drugs because the babesia will develop resistance to it.

I think the supplements are best used for support. It is hard to tolerate fighting all the infections at once because they require different medications. As you get one infection under control another one will emerge and try to take over.

I think the herbs help the immune system keep the co- infections somewhat suppressed while you are treating the primary problem, but eventually you will need to address everything with drugs. That has been my experience.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS I forgot Vitamin D3 which is so important for immune support.

And I always take alpha lipoic acid with acetyl l carnitine. ALCAR improves stamina and helps with muscles if there is cramping. It helps the body convert fat to muscle. It also benefits the brain with improved circulation. These three supplements are at the top of my list for offering the most benefit.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antiparasitic herbs are important for everyone. Check out Humaworm website for more info and they also have childrens doses. Very important especially if you have pets, or they are around pets.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son and I are taking rifampin and minocycline for Lyme and Bart at present.

In addition, we take:
-multivitamin
-Co-Q-10
-alpha-lipoic acid and L-carnitine
-Vit. D
-fish oil
-B complex vitamins
-grapefruit seed oil
-burbur

I also do whole-food smoothies with avocado, parsely and/or kale, coconut water, nut butter.

It's quite a trip.
Susie

Posts: 234 | From albany, ny | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenInMa
Member # 31544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenInMa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention that my son is on IV Rocephin and they are both on oral Zithro & Minocycline... son is on Tindamax 2x's a week.
Thanks for the feedback... I'm adjusting their supps with all of this in mind.

--------------------
IGG 41++, 58+
IGM 31 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND

Son (most chronically ill)
IGG 41+
IGM 39 IND, 41+++
Bartonella positive

Daughter
IGG 39 IND, 41++, 58+
IGM 31+, 41 IND, 83-93+

Posts: 39 | From Boston, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Co Q10 is great. I can't take it because I am treating babesia and it interferes with atavoquone.

I would add something to assist with the biofilm for bart - boluke, cysteine and resveratrol helped me.

When I first started bart treatment Levaquin was extremely effective but it gave me tendonitis. If you dare try it, be sure to load up on magnesium and vitamin C.

Rifampin did not work for me, so if you don't get anywhere with it you might try Bactrim DS with a macrolide. It pretty much cleared it up for me, but it took nine months.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement