LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Afternoon Sweats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Afternoon Sweats
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to ask something. It seems every afternoon now I start sweating significantly (usually from 2PM - 6 Pm). My neck will drip, head, etc.

I'm not even doing any activity really when this happens. Just fatigued all the time. [Frown]

I just have a constant stuffy head feeling and drainage from my nose. Ears feel plugged up. Lot of phlegm in throat. SO sick of it.

I never really sweat at night. Also, immediately after I eat anything I sweat. Hmmm.

Any ideas?

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not have lyme etc, but I do have hypoglycemia. And if I eat too many carbs or go too long without eating for me the main symptom is sweating. I have never understood why, but frequently it is my legs that sweat from the knees down. But other times it could be my whole body.

Cinnamon capsules lowered my fasting insulin levels and also my glucose levels. 500 mg capsules 2 or 3 times daily.

I think that lyme and company stress out the body in many ways and for some people these illnesses can cause you to become glucose intolerant. There is a lot in the medical literature which indicates that cinnamon can improve cellular insulin sensitivity.

I used to have a chart a doc gave hubby that showed that the adrenal glands impact insulin -- forget the exact mechanism, but there is a relationship. And anyone with a long term illness definitely has adrenal stress.

Just one possibility that you might not have considered.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought of that Bea. Thanks. It could be it. I'm not diabetic, but quite overweight and definitely have higher sugar levels than I should (pre-diabetes levels).

I had very high insulin levels on a test an alternative doc did once. It was 2-2.5x normal. No doc ever ran the test again. Not sure why. I did OK on glucose tolerance tests, but get extremely shaky if I don't eat.

I know I'm not hypo as my blood sugar never seems to go below 95 based on my home monitor.

I think I'm going to try the cinnamon capsules. How long did it take for it to help you? Do you have a doc measuring your insulin levels through blood tests?

I'm hoping it's just not another infection issue as I have snots pouring down my nose the last two weeks. Need to get back on antibiotics. [Frown]

I'm mentally spent with all this. I have zero doubt I don't have major adrenal exhaustion.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gratitude
Member # 31314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gratitude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweating has been one of my most bothersome symptoms over the years and the hardest to get rid of. It began just in the afternoons and turned into most of the time. I sweat badly after eating some (most) foods.

My doctor said my sweats are from babesia.

What is helping me is diet and addressing parasites/colon cleansing.

Along with my lyme and babesia meds, I'm taking anti-parasitic herbs & psyllium (Colonix brand) and I've also started the Salt/C protocol. Its helping so much.

I'm also on a raw vegan diet. Raw and/or vegan may not work for everyone but I believe its essential to at least be eating minimally/non processed, whole foods, and no sugar or simple carbs. It feeds all the bugs and creates an environment for them to prosper. And I've noticed a direct correlation to my sweats.

Posts: 57 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked out Bartonella?

I think I have the sweats from head and neck from Bartonella. My face turns red and it's like someone opened a faucet over my head - only for 20 min or so, but I drip really badly during the day sometimes and got a lot of other Bart symptoms (soles on fire and tingling, hands throbbing, purple streaks, etc.)

Good Luck!

--------------------
Persistence, persistence, persistence!!!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
attributed to Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afternoon sweats are often Bart. But Babs could also be a culprit.

artonellosis symptoms from fuzzyslippers 2.21.09

Common symptoms of bartonellosis include:

___Fatigue (often with agitation, unlike Lyme disease, which is more exhaustion)

___Low grade fevers, especially morning and/or late afternoon, often associated with feelings of "coming down with the flu or a virus"

___Sweats, often morning or late afternoon (sometimes at night) - often described as "thick" or "sticky" in nature

___Headaches, especially frontal (often confused with sinus) or on top of head

___Eye symptoms including episodes of blurred vision, red eyes, dry eyes

___Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and sometimes hearing problems (decreased or even increased sensitivity - so-called hyperacusis)

___Sore throats (recurring)

___Swollen glands, especially neck and under arms

___Anxiety and worry attacks; others perceive as "very anxious"

___Episodes of confusion and disorientation that are usually transient (and very scary); often can be seizure-like in nature

___Poor sleep (especially difficulty falling asleep); poor sleep quality

___Joint pain and stiffness (often both Left and Right sides as opposed to Lyme which is often on one side only with pain and stiffness that changes locations)

___Muscle pains especially the calves; may be twitching and cramping also

___Foot pain, more in the morning involving the heels or soles of the feet (sometimes misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis)

___Nerve irritation symptoms which can be described as burning, vibrating, numb, shooting, etc.

___Tremors and/or muscle twitching

___Heart palpitations and strange chest pains

___Episodes of breathlessness

___Strange rashes recurring on the body often, red stretch marks, and peculiar tender lumps and nodules along the sides of the legs or arms, spider veins

___Gastrointestinal symptoms, abdominal pain and acid reflux

___Shin bone pain and tenderness

Bartonella is a bacterium that causes illness, the most commonly known of which is a disease called "Cat Scratch Fever."

Thousands of known cases of Bartonella occur in the U.S. each Year, with the vast majority of known cases due to bites from fleas that infest cats or infected dogs (may also occur directly from bites and scratches from infected dogs or cats).

Bartonella can also be transmitted by ticks that transmit Lyme Disease.

In fact, in a study published recently, deer ticks from New Jersey had a higher prevalence of Bartonella organisms than of Lyme organisms.

It is unclear whether the organism that we see transmitted along with Lyme disease is actually a Bartonella species (such as B. henselae or B. quintana) or is "Bartonella-Like Organism" (BLO) that is yet to be fully identified.

While BLO has features similar to organisms in the Bartonella family, it also has features slimiar to the Mycoplasma and the Francisella (causes tularemia) families.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement