LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV Rocephin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV Rocephin
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the cheapest pharmacy to order IV Rocephin from? I was told Infuserve is the best place for supplies. I need to tell my doctor asap so he can order for me. I have tried researching on the internet, but my brain feels so swollen that it might just explode. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Infuserve is the cheapest but I don't remember the exact quote. I'm going to give them a call again tomorrow.

In fact my insurance just cut my coverage... so I'm searching for a pharmacy to supply these three meds at cash price.

Rocephin
Zithro
Flagyl

I will post after I find out more. Hopefully others might have some resources for us.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found Infuserve to be the best price for most IV meds. You do have to pay up front with them but they will submit for reimbursement for you.

Even if your insurance is denying home health care infusion they may still reimburse you for IV meds and supplies under your major medical policy. It's certainly worth a try. I've had one ins company reimburse a good percentage and another company did not reimburse at all.

Good luck searching4truth and scorpiogirl.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok they are the CHEAPEST around hands down!

For example if I choose to stay w/ my Infusion Pharmacy right now one month supply of Rocephin alone will cost me $2,100 ($70/day).

Now remember I also have to take Zithro and Flagyl.

With Infuserve, my TOTAL for the month for 3 IV drugs PLUS my IV supplies is $1,285.20 plus shipping fee.

So to me that's a no brainer. I won't be able to submit this to the insurance company b/c it was under major medical that covered the 3.5 months and now no longer.

If I want to continue on IV... that is what I need to come up with per month!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Ok... Rocephin plus Saline/Hep from Infuserve for the month is $678 plus shipping.

That is the cheapest price I found thus far... still calling around though...

--------------------
 -

fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with insurance. When they cut off out IV meds I asked if they would cover supplies. All of the supplies were covered just noot the medication. They did not let me know this, I had to ask.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Mine said no... so my Pharmacist is trying to figure out how to bill the supplies into my dressing change supplies? I don't think it's going to work though for I need tons of saline and heparin per month. [Frown]

--------------------
 -

jpsmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jpsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how long have you been on IV rocephin? I have a script but am leaning towards doing hbot again, as I did have good results with 1st treatments but am relapsing big time
Posts: 443 | From The North Star | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scorpiogirl, how much rocephin do you take each day? Do you pulse?
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

This is my 4th day on Rocephin (and I'm herxing BIG TIME on this med!). I was on Invanz for 3.5 months (was supposed to be on for 3 but I was on vacation and I didn't want to start a new med).

I will PM you w/ the dosage b/c I don't think i can post it here?

I do Rocephin 2x/day everyday (3 months max to avoid gall bladder damage)

I do pulse Zithro and Flagyl though...

It's pretty rough but I told my LLMD I will stay on this until December then I'm going off to detox and try PE1.

--------------------
 -

searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Thanks everyone for all the good info. It is a lot to sort out, without insurance, and my head feels like it will explode if I think too much. So I will probably go with Infuserve. One stop shop!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement