LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Teeth falling apart - caused by Lyme & Co?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teeth falling apart - caused by Lyme & Co?
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband says it feels like his teeth are just falling apart. Like they are breaking apart from the inside. They don't hurt, like a tooth ache.

Could Lyme or one of the coinfections be the cause of this?

Does anyone else have trouble with their teeth cracking / breaking.

Posts: 2255 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM - I also started having tooth problems after getting Lyme, but I'm not sure what it's from.

Sometimes I think that maybe it's from some supplements I'm taking. More specifically, after a forum member mentioned that lemon-water is killing her teeth, I started thinking that maybe it has to do with the lemon-water I'm drinking.

I used to drink 2-4 lemons every day. After that forum member mentioned about how it's bad for teeth, I lowered it to 1 or 2 a day, and I think I'm noticing an improvement.

It didn't feel like my teeth were breaking, but they started to get very sensitive from the outside, like as if the enamel was wearing out.

P.S. I'll respond to your PM later. I apologize I forgot about it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an article from Public Health Alert newspaper

http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/marybudinger/lyme%20in%20mouth.htm

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donjoe341
Member # 28634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donjoe341     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I both have problems with our teeth and are also in treatment for lyme. Our teeth are starting to pit and have spots where they are see through. We believe that treatment is speeding up the aging process when comes to our teeth, hair and other areas of the body. The inflammation in our bodies I believe is causing this to happen. Herxing causes inflammation and doing nothing about killing the bacteria eventually inflammation occurs also. Inflammation prohibits our bodies from utilizing our vitamins that are available to us. It prevents our hormones from working properly as well as our saliva and mucus glands. Having a dry mouth can cause tooth decay and I have found that my dry mouth always coincides with herxing. We take digestive ezymes like bromelain in hopes that it helps with some of the inflammation and breaks down biofilms. We also try to avoid sugar, eat low carbs high fiber to also help fight inflammation. We do not know what else to do for our decay of our teeth or for our hair loss. I hope you find answers.
Posts: 26 | From Hershey, pa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you read the article in the Public Health Alert

The Dr. AL states
Not in the enamel, but in the dentin and tubules. Every tooth has some three miles of tiny tubules that spirochetes love to occupy.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Im only just now getting into this, so I cannot comment extensively. I will say that I am believing more each day in nutritional healing (with the help of antibiotics of course).

I have really bad tooth problems. two have been removed since dealing with Lyme. My latest Dentist (homeopathic) has said that you would be amazed at what blue ice cod liver/ raw butter oil on the parotid gland in the cheek will heal teeth. I am inclined to believe him. The more I read about Weston Price, the more it makes sense.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

we have no definite answers, but we do know that the path we're on now is not a good one. Modern dentistry is no longer modern. The only modern thing about it is the numbing agents and nitrous....and that is old too!

searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem. My family has just started seeing a dentist who follows the protocol set by Weston Price. Check out the book- Cure Tooth Decay. It is amazing. We are now taking the nutritional supplements and am going to start raw milk and grass fed beef.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I am a little nervous to try raw milk. I do not doubt its health benefits, I am just concerned about dying from bacteria poisoning. I'll need more convincing. I havent heard it explained the right way yet....

I see how pasteurization has stripped the milk of its good properties, and even made it harmful in many ways, but Less people have gotten fatal bacteria poisoning as a result of Pasteurization.

I don't even like milk! But I'll do what I have to do to get my teeth back on track.

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into xylitol...it is good for the teeth, breaks down biofilm, prevents candida, etc...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Razzle - that's a good suggestion, and I also recommend it to everyone. But I would just like to mention that I chew xylitol gum frequently, and definitely after every meal, but it's not a cure for my tooth sensitivities.

Maybe I would've been worse without the xylitol... I don't know.

jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO--it's best not to drink any milk. Raw, pasteurized or ultrapasteurized/organic.

Read Dr. Ron's book if you want more info. He is a proponent of raw milk but I still wouldn't touch it. While there are good aspects about raw milk, I think the chance for diseases are too great. If milk is so great, why aren't they giving it to adult cows?

Yes, lyme is bad for the teeth, so are antibiotics. The antibiotics kill the good bacteria in the mouth, not just the stomach. Always good to get chewable probiotics now and then.

-----------
The mighty oak tree was once a little nut.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know they made a chewable probiotic. That is a great idea!
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by searching4truth:
I did not know they made a chewable probiotic. That is a great idea!

too bad most of them seem to have yeast-foods in them, like sugars or sugar-alcohols.

if someone finds one that doesn't promote yeast, please point it out to us.

for now I just open probiotic pills into my mouth.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We drank raw milk all the time when I was growing up. None of us ever got sick from raw milk.

The cows were out in the pasture all day, eating grass. Grass fed cows have higher omega 3's in their milk / cream.

Posts: 2255 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Remember that most of the anti-raw milk propaganda was put out by the FDA in order to eliminate the smaller farmers - which they have almost successfully done. They've also brainwashed us all from our youths to thinking that raw milk is very dangerous.

I don't have a strong opinion on the matter of raw milk, but I know that I never trust what the FDA says.

Look at another way they brainwash us: if you ask most Americans which food is best for the bones, they say milk. Most studies show that milk leeches calcium from the bones. The countries (like the USA) which drink the most milk have the highest rates of osteoporosis, and the countries who don't drink milk have the lowest rates.

James1979
Unregistered

I agree with what MannaMe said.

My favorite dairy product is PaleoMeal, which is made from raw milk from grass-fed cows.

jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the better probiotics are found in the refrigerator section of Whole Foods and Roots. At Roots, they are even next to the Kefer. Usually though, they are in the health/vitamin section.

We get chewables for my kids. They have natural flavoring. I don't know about yeast.

James--I don't trust the FDA either.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemon water is doing it to me. I'm dropping that detox and going to try the castor oil packs. You only have one set of teeth!

I just saw a toothpaste commercial that says it's supposed to help (think it's called Pro namel or Pro enamel).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Like I said, I don't like Milk, i am just interested in changing my diet to benefit my health. I agree that our standard consensus about diet in the U.S. seems way off.
I am really getting into the Weston Price stuff. At this point I am trying to figure a way that I can follow a new regimen and not completely make a job out of it. The nearest Healthfood store to me is 20 minutes, and it is a bit of a ripoff IMO. They sell stuff that you can get at Shoprite way marked up. So I'm really just trying to figure out a plan of attack here.

James1979
Unregistered

Lymeboy - does Weston Price have a journal that they publish?

Once I saw a health journal with "Price" I'm the title at my NDs office, and it looked awesome, but for a long time now I couldn't remember the name.

lymeboy
Unregistered

http://www.westonaprice.org/
is the only resource I know of. I am a true rookie to this stuff. But I have been eating pretty healthy for years so I have a good start.

The book "cure Tooth Decay" is supposed to be an excellent resource. I have not purchased it yet, but I plan to.
I know that the answer is not far from Weston Price's theories. I just don't know if society will accept it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement