LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cold Weather and Relapse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cold Weather and Relapse?
rainbowriver
Member # 24772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbowriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped antibiotics since spring of this year. I have been on Dr. Z's herbs still. Every month my symptoms were getting less and less. A few bad days here and there throughout the summer. 90-95% most of time. Played tennis 10 hours per week. Come this month (September), my symptoms are flaring up and getting worse. I have been feeling the spreading of symptoms from head to spine, back, check... My routine has not changed. The only thing different is that the weather is getting cold, and I also excercised lessed last week. I am really concerned about slipping back to the old lyme days.
Posts: 99 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry... Many here who have gone through relapses know that winter time is THE time when relapses occur more frequently.

If you were 90-95% in summer, it means you still have active infection, right?

Try supplementing with Vit D3, take more sun... Possibly adding iodine (if your thyroid needs that), at least rubbed on skin.

Don't overdo sports, as if you feel tired, so does your immune system. I only did sports until I felt more energy from them, not the opposite (drained!!).

cold is the good temperature for borrelia and even candida, I feel. In my case, I only get candida relapses in cold weather!

my lyme is gone, and I'm crossing fingers it won't return this year again. I passed 2 winters already, without relapses, but my daughter only 1 winter. I guess I will only rest when we both go through 5 winters without a relapse!

I find that supplementing with Vit D3 made me catch less infections in winter, more energy etc. And I tried to take as much sun on my skin as I could...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my post on this thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/110897?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbowriver
Member # 24772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbowriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, thanks for your comments.
TF, read your link above, I have to agree with you. Two winters ago, I got really sick. Last winter was bad too.

I had bart, lyme, enhlichia and possibly barbesia, and Dr. Fry's prozoa (he said it is not treatable). Through two years of treatment, I believe I got rid of some of these. I definitely still have something, maybe bart, may be barbesia, maybe it is the prozoa discovered by Dr. Fry.

My main symptoms are headache all around, sore scalp, bumps on my head, it is spreading to my back, spine, ... Even when I felt 95% in the summer, my head didn't feel quite right.

Posts: 99 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement