LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Strange Sour/Bitter Taste, Puzzled

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Sour/Bitter Taste, Puzzled
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

For some reason, I keep getting a bitter-sour taste in my mouth. I am not on the *supplements regularly at the moment.

I have been doing *them about every three days or so. But not anything that usually would taste sour/bitter.

Also have a bit of a tender gut a ways below the ribs on the right side. I don't have gallbladder or appendix anymore... not sure what is up.

It is getting annoying, TxC' fixes a delightful meal,salmon and rice,w/ a bit of mixed tropical fruit.ANd everything tastes odd to me.

ANy tho'ts? It bothers me,because it seems a milder form of the nausea and vomiting I had in March from 'Statin drug reaction.

[I am not vomiting, vomiting freaks me out big time,but things taste off, in a similar way]

The odd taste problem started a few days ago...but it hasn't gone away...

Jus' the Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the pH of your urine usually? Do you ever test the ph of your saliva?

The reason I ask is because sometimes overly-acidic saliva can cause strange tastes like that. This should be taken seriously, if this is the case.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you having any heartburn? Maybe it's acid reflux. I sometimes get a sour taste in my mouth when my stomach is acting up.

Have you tried Maalox or an acid reducer like Zantac?

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey <<<<< James1979 >>>>>,

I haven't checked pH levels of urine,or saliva so unsure.

I'll have to do a search to see what should be what.

It is getting irritating, and I don't know why it keeps happening.

TxC' said he isn't getting any strange tastes so i am figuring something is up w/ me.

BBL gonna search this ...

Jus' Silverwolfi-sourchops

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband just mentioned another idea. Do you have a propane heater for your trailer? He mentioned that he once stayed in a cabin that had a propane heater, and when he got up the next day, he had a weird bitter/coppery taste in his mouth and his teeth hurt.

It went away after he left the cabin.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< LymeGoAway >>>>>,

It is different than when I get heartburn.

That is what is puzzling me. it is like I've eaten something really bitter/sour and it is making most everything taste odd.

You type fast... [Smile] , We have natural gas, for heat and cooking, it doesn't normally bother me.

Since the Statin mess back in March tho', I've had some odd stuff occuring.

Jus' Silverwolfi off to search

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hmm the heater question gave me an idea...

We are trying to get a plumbing problem taken care of, the leak caused some mold issues.

I'm thinking maybe the mold ? I am getting really sensitive, chemicals,smells whatever...more than normal.

It's almost payday, and tho' finances are tight,w/ the plumbing bill coming, maybe I can get something to treat the mold ?

I heard/read something about vinegar,Hydrogen peroxide, and Borax... so we'll see.

Thanks for the replies...

Silverwolfi-sourchops

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Molybdenum for dealing with the mold toxins.

Also, if you are taking Flagyl or Tindamax, one known side-effect is a metallic or strange taste in the mouth. I think it is possible for other abx to cause this as well.

And if you have fungal infection/candida in the mouth, that could also contribute to strange taste in the mouth.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SW - have you learned that statins don't do anything but cause side effects?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Razzle, and James 1979 >>>>>,

Thanks for input!!! only taking Diovan[which can leave an occasional odd taste] ,and Metformin.

Because of finances, and herxes etc. I am only taking my supplements every three days or so right now.

[Having some plumbing leak issues fixed, which might clear up some of the mold issues.].

Will try to get some Molybdenum as soon as we can.

As to Statins, had I realized when they were prescribed that the Student PA was not listening, i would have never filled the prescription.

Statins' are dangerous and I consider them poison. First 'statin drug I received gave me seizures [I didn't know at first that it was a statin drug].

The statins I recieved in MArch,was the last I will ever knowingly take. I have joint pain in my hands,as well as legs knees,back etc. now.

And my body knew it was being poisoned before I did,in March. I vomited repeatedly for hours [bilious gross green sorry for the TMI]. We were at the VA hospital in SLC for a Kidney CT for TxC'.

Non VA can be admitted,if they have $2000 dollars and another $1200 or so hanging around to be ambulanced across street to a regular hospital,and pay for emergency visit.

I said no,when they suggested admitting me, we don't have three or four thousand dollars laying around... It is a medication reaction. They were kind enough to keep an eye on me in ER waiting room w/o charge back in March.

What is scary to me,is the taste I've been getting is 'bile like' nasty... blech... etc. It is different than heartburn.

I've noticed today,that a little watered down lemonade,seems to ease the taste,if not my tender abdomen.

Well I'll check in again later, thanks for replies!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i started flagyl i started having metallic taste in my mouth. Pretty annoying.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida causes a sour taste in the mouth after eating carbs. Do you have a white coating on your tongue? If so start drinking lemon water, use nystatin, and/or another candida protocol to clear the yeast.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh one other thing. If you have amalgam (metal) fillings and you have a broken filling, you can get a weird taste in your mouth. Same with an infected tooth or loose crown.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
so lo
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for so lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is scary to me,is the taste I've been getting is 'bile like' nasty... blech... etc. It is different than heartburn.
Sounds a bit like bile reflux to me
It's like the opposite to acid reflux - it doesn't cause heartburn but nausea (bile is alkaline)..Sometimes can cause vomiting and migraine.

What colour is your tongue when you get that strange taste in your mouth?

[ 10-22-2011, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: so lo ]

Posts: 6 | From lx | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Kramberry, CountryMouse, and so lo >>>>>,

So far most of the time my tongue looks normal,but I do in fact have a couple of broken fillings on the left side of my teeth.

And I am really wondering about the bile reflux issue, I've been fighting some nausea lately and I still get migraines.

James had mentioned PH balance,and someone else mentioned Betaine ? on one of my topic questions, as a help for not enough acids?? Some folk in my family get to much acids too.

My brain has been burping and glitching,so I have to go look things up... memory isn't working very well...

I am wondering, about the water quality here in our area too... our water is really chlorinated smelling... More than is usual.

I suspect yeast problems also,so I am waiting on our finances to ease a bit,and try some things that may help.

The 'IBS' issues, have been crazy lately,and so has my sweet tooth [not healthy w/ diabetes,and probable yeast problems],so I am trying to be very cautious what I eat.

But since the severe nausea and vomiting, w/ the 'statin poisoning,back in March, I have been battling the bitter taste.

Didn't connect it the first few times,but looking back that's when the bitter taste bit got started.

I'll research further and see what I can find that might help.

-Thanks to each of y'all for replying, somewhere is the answer ,and I am still trying to get my health back.-

If I repeat myself, or ask similar questions on different topics, please take my 'corn-diffused' Lyme and Co's brain into account!!

I've been known to post something,and then forget where, or forget,how to check where a post is...

To much stress, and a poor remember-er. And a computer that freezes up easily...

Jus' Silverwolfi... I was sure I saw my tail earlier... aaaarf arf HuuuMooooooRR.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

so lo
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for so lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And I am really wondering about the bile reflux issue, I've been fighting some nausea lately and I still get migraines.

I've had bile reflux for 2 years now, I used to (esp.in the beginning) get severe "attacks" - migraine followed by nausea and vomiting. Once I got it over with I felt great again. And I know lots of people with bile reflux have those attacks as well, so I think it is caused by bile.

I don't have them anymore though..except 3 times this spring right around the day lyme started, full-blown that is cause I've had symptoms here&there for years

It's not a common problem (there's hardly anything on the internet about it, definitely not as common as acid reflux...actually most docs don't even know how to treat it and will just give you meds for the acid one) but from that little info I managed to find it's much more prevalent among people who had their gall bladders removed. Don't know any stats or anything...just have been trying to find a reason for my problem and all I get is people who got it after GB removal

btw typically tongue is yellow/orange

Posts: 6 | From lx | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement