LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please Help Very Long...LLmd doesnt seem to know what do.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help Very Long...LLmd doesnt seem to know what do.
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...Here it goes very long.

I took LDN 4 mg it was way to high for me and has a bad reaction to it. A very bad reaction. Anxiety basically my body went through withdrawls. My doctor said.

Then I started to become very emotional crying every second and bad anxiety and bad panic going on.

My Doctor thinks its Babs...I dont know why not Bart....We started treating babs. Were not sure if I am herxing or side effect of mepron. I literally cried all day yesterday I was so scared..I am 25 and I had to go to my moms. I cant sleep I have racing thoughts...My doctor said she could put me on Lexapro. I am not a fan of those drugs. Shes said I could stop teh medicine and see what happenes and re-start.

However. I think I am on to something. I think That the LDN put my body through so much distress that i could have High Cortisol levels...

I feel like I have adernaline pumping through my veins. I am also hypothyroid...I asked for 24 hour saliva.

Naturally my mom wants me off all meds. I am on mino mep an zith. I have been tretaing for 6 months..my mom thinks maybe i need a break or need to go slower with my body.

She did give me a perscription of Xanax so I will try that tonight...

My anxiety is worse at night like I am having an adernalin dump. I wake up periodically up throughout the night. I had panic attack last saturday in the middle of the night....

Do you think my adernals could be shot?

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would need to do the sputum test to adrenals to be sure....

If you think the LDN started the bad reaction, you might want to start with a much smaller does than the 4 mg like l mg or even less and work up to where your Dr wants you to be as you can tolerate.

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I hatet his uneasy horribble feeling its horribble

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have same reaction when treating Babs.

Xanax, although great, works fast and peaks quickly. Klonopin I have found works better when I'm in the type of distress you are describing and can't sleep, am manic and going over the edge.

IMO although many LLMDs feel that herxing is a good sign and that it is preferable to force ourselves thru the worst of it, I feel differently.

When you hit the wall such as what you describe, sometimes a break is very neccesary. In many ways, although your doctor may be well versed on treatment, etc., you know your body better than anyone else.

Treatment is a long, often ardorous ordeal. Don't hesitate to take a break every so often -- in order to meet the challenges that come up with these infections, it's often the best thing you can do.

Good luck and hang in there..

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

robbiem-

How long did this last for?

--------------------

robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weeks. I was taking Byron White Formulas for Babesia -- something called ABAB along with one of the detox formulas, and I was neuro herxing worse than I ever had on Mepron/Zith, just to give you an idea. The thing with the formulas though, you can adjust your dose. Apparently I am very sensitive to them -- so was taking 1/4 of the regular dose. Once I cut back, and pulsed on/off them, I was fine. But I realize that isn't the case with what you are taking. If it's that bad, which it sounds like it is, I just think you need to take a break. Living like that is so awful -- I did nothing but sob and cry, and I NEVER cry -- practically EVER! I would say I was getting suicidal, honestly. If it's that bad Tricia, it isn't worth it. I think many of us just have this mind set now that makes us feel like we have to plow through no matter how bad b/c we believe that the worse the herx, the more we are making headway, but that isn't necessarily so -- it isn't that clear cut, IMO. FOr one thing -- the worse the herx, often the worse the toxin load and just continuing to dose yourself with the meds adds more insult to injury. Have you considered doing alternative measures? They can be just as good if not better than the medications alot of times (and often cheaper, too)..

While I was in the thick of it, there was virtually nothing to help -- I tried Melatonin, Kavinace, alcohol, you name it. Klonopin worked. But the reality of that and the Xanax is that taking it too often builds up a tolerance quickly and the reverberations from that can leave one with a very bad depedency which is quite awful to get off of.

I'm sure you will find a way and do what is right for you.

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if it were me, I would stop the meds for a few days and see what happens. You can find out that way if its a herx or not.

Lyme caused me to develop a mood disorder; it affects the brain sometimes in serious ways; and I had to go on psych meds. You need to find out what is causing your problems. If its a herx reaction then you need to have a few days to detox. If its a psychiatric issue then you may need some medications for that.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

What kind of mood problem did it cause for you?

--------------------

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I developed what my doc calls cyclothymia. Its a milder form of bi-polar. I also have had anxiety and depression. I am taking meds to correct it now.

I thought that what I was experiencing was all just the lyme coming out. But it got to be more than I could handle. I would get really keyed up and then I would crash. It was awful. The meds have helped with that a ton.

But what you are experiencing could very well be a herx reaction, that is why I think stopping the meds for a few days might be helpful.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Lyme is known to cause mood disorders!
tricia386
Member # 29623

So the mood disorders are not reversiable?

--------------------

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

According to my doc it can be reversed in about 80% of ppl, with the right treatment.

Treatment generally take 9 months to a year at the right dose and proper medication.

Some ppl seem to get better without medication.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would certainly back off. Severe herxes can do damage for several months. Go low and slow. Give yourself time to get over the herx.

Good luck.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us here take meds like zoloft or prozac.
A low dose for me keeps panic away and also helps me not feel hopeless with this disease . It is a small price to pay . Often anxiety or depression is genetic .

You can try different approaches, but the meds make my life much better . You sound very anxios, and the anxiety can color the lens through which you view everything - even your
LDN . It makes it hard to see things objectively , same with untreated depression.

Saying a prayer for you....

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every one who takes LDN should read the ORGINAL LDN site by the founding Doctor.

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

I took full dose 4.5 LDN for my so called "MS" for 2 years.

He was my MS doctor. I felt wonderful, then I began to get knee pain, joint swelling. "something else going on".

Found a LLMD, positive for Lyme and the LDN founder was thrilled I found the cause.

Couldn't do LDN with while on abx therapy...after taking LDN 1 hr later suddenly I literally felt I would die.

Through out the 6 yrs of abx treatments I would try (at the lowest dose 1.5mg) & still horrid reactions

It can flip thyroid from hypo to hyper
http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

read #2 under cautionary warnings.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement