LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » When the world even becomes smaller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When the world even becomes smaller
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rough day yesterday. Rough night. And still iffy this morning. Closing eyes as I type this.

Took excedrin every 3 or 4 hours yesterday.

Body kept getting too hot. Movment was not a good idea. I have had this before but it has been a while.

I forgot how it was/is. Need to fight going to the how can I end this...don't really have a way so I am OK in that area.

Need to get up and take 2 more excedrin.

Need to figure out what causes this.

Did not take gabapentin yesterday. AT first because I thought it might be the reason my vision/reading skills or even looking at the computer is a problem.

Should have taken it I think.

Amazed at how many times I needed to use the restroom. So, something going on there. That is part of it every time this happens.

And usaully vomiting but the excedrin helped keep that at bay this time and no movement or as little s possible.

Curled up on couch.

Can't watch TV

I did lay in the lonnge chair on teh aptio for a while last night.

That seemd to help with the body temp.

I did have cottage cheese and pineapble recently and purcahsed regular milk instead of goat's milk as they were out of goat's milk.

So going bck to no diary again unless it is goot's milk.

I did eat two containers of a new planters mix. One container had preszels etc in it.

So, going back to GF again.

I did have laughing cow cheese so stopping cheese again.

The pressure in the head is great. NOt a migraine but something else.

HOping this goes away soon.

AT least I am abel to type this am.

Hate this.

HOping taking more excedrin helps. AT that point where I may toss my cookies even with taking excedrin now.

Thankful I was able to take sleeping pill cocktail finaly around 2 am last night.

Woke around 4 am.

I am going to go with food intake causing this. Got to go back to no dairy, GF.

I had forgotten what it was like to just have to lie still and breath..keep breathing.

It also is a time wehre I realie just how low functioning my health is and how little I am able to do and how living like this is not not good.

But, then my health improves adn I am able to taek my mind of of things by being on the computer playing meaningless games with difficulty sseeing what I am playing.

And hopefully being able to watch TV in the afternnon as mornings and nooish the brain needs quiet so can't do the tTV.

OK. Just needed to vent. SAcred. But, getting up now to take some more xecedrin. HOping that helps and I am doing well enough to get Rosie out to toilet via the power chair.

Need to go slow in PC as too sick to move at my regular speed in the PC.

This too shall pass.

Treid to read again lately. Able to read what a neighbor brougth me about lyme disease in his laternative health magazine after having here for a month.

Felt the guy was just tring to drum up business for his book. It was able tane xpensive treatment in other countries that is not allowed in US. Pancia or something.

So, tried to read in Guidepost the next day and wasn't able to again. 10 yrs a friend has been sending me the inspirational stories in Guideposts and it is rare I am able to read them.

99% of the time I am not able to.

it gets discouraging.

I can' type things out but reading print is usually out. One liners yes.

I am improving. But, it is slow going. Barely surviving for the most part.

I read what others are able to do and wonder why and when I will have more of a life.

10 years now.

Still can't sit upright for more than 5 or 10 min if the power chair is moving. Sitting still is even more iffiicult to impossible.

Cant' stand. But, can walk...for 5 min, rest..if it is in a quiet place like the foerest.
Can drive th e 3miles out of the town to the trailhead now.

Been able to do this for two months now...started when I finally got the amoxy and biaxin to take.

But, amoxy is almost gone. Not sure how much more biaxin I have.

See new primary doc. Hoping she will be able to write teh presciptions.

One step at a time.

First step...get trhough what ever is going on witht eh health right now.

Things look better when I am doing a bit better.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear, kam. I think a couple of things are going on here.

First.. no gabapentin. OOPS. Then you ate dairy and gluten... so maybe it's one or the other.. or both. And possibly it's yeast/candida and that is causing the neuro issues.

Also.. you could have a bladder infection. That can make you totally out of it.. and would explain the "hot body" thing you described.

I will refrain from writing more than you can read today...so I'll shut up!

I really hope you feel better very soon! Get that urinalysis if you can!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can do is give you a virtual hug!

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all your pain go away!

Hope it gets better soon!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I think it has broke. The heat wave is the kind you get before the body throws up.

Laying low today. Just drinking water. Next step is to be doing well enough to get some applesauce in me.

Then mabye gf toast if I have some.

I had planned on going to thes tore this am.

Hopefully tomorrow am.

I have the twitching going on to the past 3 or so days.

That comes and goes. It has been a while since I have had it.

But, I have noticed that it goes hand in hand with health being almost unbearable.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

thanks. Scares me when this happens. I am still taking excedrin every 3 or 4 hours.
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exedrin can cause nausea if taken without food so please try to eat something when you take it, toast, saltines, etc.

So sorry you're feeling so bad. Hope this passes quickly for you.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this passes soon for you. It breaks my heart to hear how sick you are. I know I have a lot to be thankful for.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Day 3 of this.. Abel to get a little applesauce down me yesterday.

I do take a scoop of almond butter before taking the excedrin.

I know not to make any dcisions when I am like this. Too sick to do anyghing.

But, my brain does think that it would be better to just go to sleep and not wake up. I pray for it when I am going tthrough this.

I also pray for healing too and

kam
Member # 3410

Able to make some poached eggs. Still shakey on my feet but doing better.

Able to drive Rosie across the street to the groomers...she is long over do.

JessJoy
Member # 33443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessJoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THis too shall pass...I say a prayer for you, kam.

Jess

Posts: 42 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, praying for you, big hugs (((((Hugs)))))

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Thaanks Jess and Flutterby...
kam
Member # 3410

Now, that I am feeling more human trying to figure out how to avoid these symptoms.

To tell a doc what I am going through doens't work for me as when I am going through it I am too out of it to know what is going on.

Then, it lets up and I can't recall a lot of the experience.

I do recall the body gets hot and cold in waves and something is going on with my brain that is over the top.

I am amazed at the amount of ..how can I put this..it is as if the bowels have been impacted and they cut loose although I have had regular bowel movements daily.

Sometimes I need to get depends on me as I can't make it to the bathroom.

I also need a trash can near me to toss my cookies in as I can't make it to the bathroom for that.

This time wasn't as bad. i was able to make it to the bathroom.

Thsi went on for 3 days this time.

I was able to keep water down me this time.

Can't move due to it making things worse. Can't open eyes, etc.

I have had migraines since the 80's. But, this is different.

it was one of my first symptoms before my body got too bad that I couldn't work.

The imitrex was not working. I had made an appointment to see what was going on as I was missing work almost weekly.

Then, my health really went south and I wasn't able to work at all.

I don't know if things are coming out both ends due to the pain or if there is something going on with the evacuation system.

I don't know if it has something to do with the weather change or the moon or what I eat..but I did go back to not eating cottage cheese and laughing cow cheese...which I had stopped and then tried again right before this hit.

I have changed laughing cow cheese to mad cow cheese to remind me that I can't eat it.

I don't know if taking the gabapentin is what stopped these symptoms

I also had stopped taking gabapentin as vision seemed to be getting worse as far as being on the computer.

I have gone back on the gabapetin.

Big time herx??

For now, I all I can do is stay away from dairy, etc.

GF only too.

I use to make my own gorp mix but learned I can't do it as it makes me sick.

I did have the new planters gorp mix right before this hit too. So, not doing that again.

All I know is something changes in my brain and I think death is the only answer when this hits.

But, am too sick to do something about it. I do knwo it scares me.

And I am thankful for Rosie. I know it is strange but I do need to get another companion dog if anything were to happen to Rosie.

As she has kept me alive more times than I can count.

I also know once it passes I have what it takes to keep fighting the good fight.

I also know i don't even like talking about this as just thinking about that period of time is not where i want to go.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement