LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GcMaf (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GcMaf
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...another cure! Ok, I am open-minded, just cautious.

I am scared to get my hopes up and then remain sick! I was just reading the wonders about photon therapy, now I'm reading this. How does one know where to turn?

I am certain, abx will not get me well, unfortunately - taken multiple oral combos and 11 months of IV...so I've given abx more than its fair share, sigh.

My neuro symptoms are only slightly improved, still very sick. Photon therapy, GcMaf, HBOT....?

I need a plan....but feel overwhelmed and unfocused... TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates from our friends who are trying this treatment?

Scott - have you resumed treatment? Has your inflammation calmed down? What do you thing of GcMAF so far?

Thanks for sharing:)

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have started again at a lower dose. The inflammation is not entirely gone, but with supportive anti-inflammatory treatment, it has improved. Waiting for my nagalase retest but it takes several weeks. I don't have an opinion yet on the benefit as it is still early, but I do think people have to be ready if they do get inflammation from it.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:

The inflammation is not entirely gone, but with supportive anti-inflammatory treatment, it has improved.

What are you doing for anti-inflammatory treatment?

I've been taking Wobenzym for several years with good results.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One practitioner I have spoken with says that enzymes may be contraindicated with GcMAF. So, that's probably something to be debated more in the future. I'm doing some enzymes, but not a tremendous amount, Inflamyar from Pekana (both pellets and topically), Sanum remedies, massage, and fish oils.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than nagalase testing what ate the immune factors that would point to need for GcMaf? if your immune system is very good, and all four IGG, IGM, IGE and IGA well within normal limits would u not be a candidate for GcMaf?
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

The key is nagalase. If you have a functional immune system, you should in theory have a normal nagalase level. I would not consider GcMAF without doing nagalase testing prior and during.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,

I read something about the enzyme issue too. Can you give any additional information as to why systemic enzymes are contraindicated?

Does it have something to do with nagalase being an enzyme itself?

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

My practitioner thinks that the enzymes may digest/impact the GcMAF itself and render it not useful. I think it is just a theory at this point.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I just got my nagalase test result back, and thought I'd share. For those of you who are interested -- I had my blood draw on 10/7/11, and the result came in on 11/14/11, so it took awhile.

To my surprise, my nagalase level came back as 0.60, which is in the normal range. I haven't spoken to my doctor about this yet (the result was just scanned and sent to me), but I assume this means I won't be doing GcMAF.

I'll be having an in person appt in a month, so we'll see what they say, but it doesn't look as though I would be a candidate. I'll certainly still be interested in following all of your progress.

Scott, I have been thinking about you a lot, and I hope the inflammation calms down for you -- it sounds challenging. May this leads to a wonderful healing for you. All my best...

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

LymeAware - 0.60 is excellent. That's great news. I am not aware of any reason to do GcMAF if nagalase is normal, but I will be interested to hear what your doctor says.

It will be interesting to see what other people find in terms of their results. Unfortunately, the lab has been pretty slow in getting results back. I did mine on 10/18 and still don't have them back.

Thanks for your kind words. It is definitely better than it was, but still doing a lot to support the inflammation response while using GcMAF. Hopefully, it is ultimately a good thing. Appreciate your kind words.

Just got back from Germany Sunday having done the second of three tonsil freezing procedures. One to go. Yay! [Smile]

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,

I was at the Dr. K. conference in Seattle, when he was talking about that tonsil freezing. I didn't walk away with any great sense of how to determine if tonsils were anything that needed dealing with in that way. Care to speak about how you determined it was worthwhile to go about that?

Michael

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

ART over several years had shown this to be a factor and clinical symptoms (sore throats, etc.). Determined this had to be addressed before any consideration of CCSVI interventions.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott -- I definitely am rooting for you, and hoping that this really is part of the healing process, and will lead to wonderful improvements. In the meantime, I hope you have the supports you need, as I know those times are difficult. You are in my thoughts.

And way cool on the 2nd cryotherapy session! You are really getting around [Smile] Sounds great.

Yes, I'm seeing my normal nagalase range as a good sign! [Smile] Nice to see that this is functioning well for me.

I wanted to ask -- have you heard of others, very ill with lyme, having normal nagalase levels? I have no idea where I came up with this idea, but for some reason I had thought that everyone who had been tested with lyme came back with high levels.

Am I off base from what you've heard?

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. K said not to necessarily trust the labs if nagalase levels show within normal range. He didn't feel that the test was highly accurate.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Thank you Tammy. That's very interesting. I want to be optimistic about my levels, but I did wonder about that. I'll see what they say next month. Thanks!
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you mention that Tammy, I hadn't heard that but was wondering it as well. Somehow I have a harder time trusting a lab's results when it takes 5.5 weeks to do a test like this.

I'm now 2 weeks since blood draw, but am not waiting. It took me quite a while to order, but looks like my gcmaf is set to arrive on Friday.

I will trust my pendulum more than the blood test in any event, but do see benefit to monitoring progress of some items with blood tests.

Scott--Do you care to share how quickly you got inflammation (hours vs. days)? I have a flight planned for Saturday and am pondering if I want to chance inflammation during a flight or if I want to wait until I return home.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he doesn't feel the test is accurate then why do it? This is the same thing that was said about KPU.....

should we all assume we have high nagalase and KPU?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Hi LymeAware - thanks for your very kind words. I appreciate it. I am rooting for you too!
One more tonsil treatment to go and that issue should be another checkmark. [Smile]

I have heard of a few others with normal nagalase that have Lyme and are still struggling with it. So, it is not entirely uncommon, but I don't think we know the percentages yet.

Everyone tested with Lyme has come back + for CCSVI, but nagalase is still so new that I don't think many have been tested. Another friend of mine that is still very symptomatic had a 1.0 nagalase which I was surprised by.

Interesting comment on the labs maybe not showing it but still needing the treatment. If ART showed it was still beneficial for me, I would have considered it even without the lab test being positive. However, my goal for treatment end is based on the nagalase retests. So, I'm less clear how one would know when to stop if they never had an elevated nagalase to start with.

The inflammation started at week 4 though others have had it almost immediately.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Regarding the lab -- from what I understand they were affected by the bazaar sudden snow storm a few weeks ago and suffered power outages, like a lot of folks in NJ. I'm wondering if the samples were well preserved. I imagine they have generators, but I'm still curious. Anyone know anything more?
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any update on this?
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

I just took my second weekly dose today. My pendulum says it is quite excellent for me. I have not noticed any difference in symptoms or whatnot to report. My pendulum says to use 60% of what the standard dose is they recommend.

I still have not received test results. It has not yet been the 5.5 weeks that LymeAware's results took.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lab work is sent to Health Diagnostics, but actually done in Europe, Holland, I believe.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a doctor on the east coast that is rx'ing GcMaf, say in or near NYC? I know that you can get it on your own, but it seems best to have it monitored by a dr knowledgeable in this.

I actually found such a dr, but he is charging more than twice what the med costs up front for the meds for 5 months worth, on top of charging for office visits through insurance!! Yikes! He was listed on the company's website, but no longer is.

I definitely want updates from you guys that are doing it. It's such uncharted waters for Lymies.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Rumigirl, http://drbradstreet.org
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Just as an FYI, no Rx is needed.
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any oral formulation, or only an injection?
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

The place I bought it from just has an injection. I haven't heard of any oral forms being available.
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Reticent to inject something into myself from an unknown source. Do people do their own injections or get a doctor?
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Does sound a little brave when you put it that way. I have been doing the injections myself.

FYI, this is not IV or anything, just injecting under the skin in the leg (that's where my doc suggested doing it). My doc is on board with the treatment, he was actually the one who brought it to my attention, his office supplied me with the syringes. They are similar syringes as used by diabetics, extremely thin needle.

tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael how long have you been doing treatment?

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael how long have you been doing treatment?

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

About a week and a half now. The injections are intended as weekly, and I have had 2 so far.
tricia386
Member # 29623

Have you noticed anything yet?

--------------------

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

No, I have not noticed any effect at this point. I rely on energy testing and that says it is excellent for me, so I feel good about that, but nothing good or bad reaction-wise to report.

Editing this to point out that I do not really have much in the way of lyme-specific symptoms anymore. I do still have a failing CD57 score, and do still energetically test good for (and take) Byron White herbs for lyme, bart, babs, and fungus. Main symptoms are digestive, candida, and fatigue, which can be lyme related or not. I will not consider myself over the lyme until I get a passing CD57 and test for no longer needing lyme herbs. Since starting this treatment, I have reduced lyme herb dosage from twice a day to once a day, based on energetic testing. So, in that sense I would say progress has been made (whether from this therapy or other things I have been doing).

[ 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: MichaelTampa ]

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I consistently got that it was very good with energetic testing as well, but still had a very strong inflammatory response. I still think this is a good sign, but the inflammation can happen even with a good energetic test result.

20-30% of de Meileir's patients had the IRIS response. One common finding was that 7 of those people that had inflammation had Babesia.

I'm at about 10 weeks into therapy and having my second nagalase retest done next week. Sadly, the first one from six weeks ago is still not back. Reportedly, it will be available this week.

I do think it is important for people to understand that GcMAF is derived from another human's macrophages and that any treatment has potential risks.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GcMAF... p53...uPA and uPAR.

"independent of the macrophages"...

Figure out the connections, Scott.

Re: Doxy as first line treatment, but later/too late?

Ongoing inflammation...ONGOING...is a precancerous condition. NOT GOOD.

Scott...take a hard look at Rember.

What it is and how it works...dig deep...it works in *multiple* ways.

I think you know enough about Bb and our response to "get it".

Then there is Reishi...

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susieq2
Member # 30451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susieq2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I wish I knew what you were talking about.

I've been following this thread closely and am interested, but don't understand what you're saying.

Thank you.

Posts: 59 | From Seattle WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I don't have a clue either what you are talking about, Marnie. Can you simplify things a bit?

Thanks.

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What IS the Rx called Rember? Just "Google" it.

How was that chemical used in the past?

What does it do, i.e., how does it work?

Was it tried as a lyme treatment? If so, why didn't it work?

Note: it can NOT be used/taken if one is on an SSRI (Prozac, etc.) or has a specific gene-type!!!

Dosage/timing OR a

*2nd factor missing*?

It may take two to tango.

Just answer the first 2 questions...let's get a dialog going...about blue chromophores.

I will then try to fill in some puzzle pieces.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bite. I googled Rember and nothing came up. Is it/was it - similar to Gcmaf?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

My original nagalase was 2.9. After less than one month of GcMAF therapy, I had the rest done on 10/19 which just came back today at 2.1. I will be restesting again next week since I have had 6 more injections since the last test. The first test was after only 6 injections. So hopefully the retest will be at 1.5 or below with a target of 0.4 to 0.6. It's helpful to see some documented progress.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Marnie
Member # 773

I Googled Rember (you may not have spelled it correctly) and

Rember - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Here is a link discussing Rember as methylene blue, which apparently was thought to help Alzheimer's. Can't imagine what this has to do with gcMAF.

http://www.alzheimersreadingroom.com/2010/02/rember-methylene-blue-for-alzheimers.html

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, that is great that the GcMAF is working! Bummer about all the inflammation though.

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread, thanks for sharing and everything else you do for us all. You are awesome!
R

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I wonder if elevated nagalase is the ONLY thing that prevents the Vit D receptors from being activated on our macrophages. This treatment works on lowering nagalase only right?

Scott, your nagalase has been coming down. But how are you feeling? (I guess it's hard to tell with the inflammation though.)

I haven't had time to search more on my own. Would like to hear more from people who have completed the treatment to see how much it impacted their health.

Let's keep this thread going. I will reach out to some of my friends who recently started this treatment and see how they are doing. I'll report back when I can.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Feeling worse overall; in the midst of a die-off from the GcMAF macrophage activation. I wouldn't expect to be feeling anything positive given the inflammation response but at least there is provable progress with the nagalase results.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Marnie
Member # 773

"Finally, DBP-maf was shown to cause a

***reduction in urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) expression***

in prostate tumor cells. There is evidence that activation of this receptor correlates with tumor metastasis.

Conclusions

These studies show strong inhibitory activity of DBP-maf on prostate tumor cells

***independent of its macrophage activation.***

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0013428

�Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA),

*** when bound to its specific cell surface receptor uPAR, ***

efficiently converts plasminogen to the active serine protease plasmin (54), which
initiates the

destruction of various extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins.�

http://mcb.asm.org/content/23/20/7177.full.pdf

In a modified enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using immobilized, soluble ECM components,

***plasmin-coated B. burgdorferi***

degraded fibronectin, laminin, and vitronectin but not collagen.

Incubation of plasmin-coated organisms with biosynthetically radiolabeled native ECM resulted in breakdown of insoluble glycoprotein, other noncollagenous proteins, and collagen, as measured by release of solubilized radioactivity.

Radioactive release did not occur with untreated spirochetes or spirochetes treated with uPA or PLG alone.

Kinetic and inhibition studies suggested that the breakdown of collagen was indirect and due to prior disruption of supportive ECM proteins.

B. burgdorferi is an invasive bacterial pathogen that may benefit by use of the host�s plasminogen activation system.

The results of this study have identified mechanisms in which the spirochete can use this borrowed proteolytic activity to enhance invasiveness.

B. burgdorferi has also been shown to possess receptors for PLG.

PLG (plasminogen) activator (uPA)

http://iai.asm.org/content/67/8/3929.full

Review:

Bb has receptors for PLG (plasminogen) which converts to plasmin which Bb uses to coat "himself" thus triggering the breakdown of fibronectin, laminin (glue that holds our cells together) and vitronectin.

Collagen breakdown is an indirect result.

See abstract (first section of this link) - important:

http://www.pnas.org/content/77/1/414.full.pdf

Note...some gene types and those on SSRIs can NOT use/try that!!!

C5A is implicated:

C5A and it's receptor (C5AR) other pathogens (as well as cobra venom)also trigger C5A.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complement_component_5a

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16302727

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0004953

http://www.jleukbio.org/content/80/6/1575.full

Note in the above link the level of C5AR in neutrophils...which secrete *elastase* which is supposed to destroy Bb (but in vitro can be quite different than in vivo!)

http://iai.asm.org/content/66/4/1408.full

WBCs:

Neutrophils, basophils, and eosinophils *normally* have short lifespans compared to

monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes.

susieq2
Member # 30451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susieq2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, I would love to hear back about your friends who have started GcMaf.

Scott, Does your inflammatory reaction seem like a typical herx like you've had in the past, or something different?

Still wish I knew what Marnie is talking about. I guess I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

Posts: 59 | From Seattle WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Just got my nagalase test back. The score was 1.40 which is elevated, suggesting GcMAF could help. Blood was drawn November 2, my doctor got the results December 2.

I just took my third injection yesterday, needed a nap a few hours later (related or not, but unusual), and have been energy testing good for "Nrf2 Activator", a product supposed to be good at combating inflamation (could be from injection therapy on shoulder or related to this).

nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy N.:
I wonder if elevated nagalase is the ONLY thing that prevents the Vit D receptors from being activated on our macrophages. This treatment works on lowering nagalase only right?

Scott, your nagalase has been coming down. But how are you feeling? (I guess it's hard to tell with the inflammation though.)

I haven't had time to search more on my own. Would like to hear more from people who have completed the treatment to see how much it impacted their health.

Let's keep this thread going. I will reach out to some of my friends who recently started this treatment and see how they are doing. I'll report back when I can.

This is a very good question about the vitamin D receptors.

If scores of people start getting better, I would consider this. But until then, I would definitely take a wait and see approach here.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

It is much more intense than a normal herx reaction.

Nrf2 Activator is a good option for inflammation and cytokines.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Scott -- Congrats on hearing back that your nagalase levels went down! That's awesome! And, I imagine with all the inflammation you are dealing with, it was a really good thing to hear that there was an objective improvement from it all. So glad for you.

I really hope that the intense symptoms you've been dealing with calm down as things regulate. Hearing that this has been much more intense than a normal herx reaction just shows how much it's been. Herxing over here is often pretty intense [Wink]

MichaelTampa-- Good luck! I hope this really helps!

As for me, I'll be seeing Dr. K this coming week, so I assume I'll hear for certain whether it's worth it for me to treat even with my reported normal nagalase levels. Looking forward to hearing.

CD57
Member # 11749

Has anyone heard of the Marshall Protocol, now modified and called Inflammation Therapy? The premise I believe is the cell wall deficient bacteria are responsible for many chronic illnesses.....and the main medication Benicar, has something to do with Vit D receptors......
CD57
Member # 11749

I just remembered. The cell wall deficient bacteria, per the MP, cause Vit D dysregulation and block Vit D receptors on cells, thus "turning off" the innnate immune system. (Hope I have that right.).

So Tammy, maybe it's more than just nagalase that can do block receptors.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

I think things are progressing well for me here on this gcmaf. Before treatment, I used Byron White herbals for lyme, bart, and babs (all 3 formulas), twice a day. Soon after starting, I started energy testing for only once per day for each of them. Took my 4th injection recently and now no longer test for the babs formula the last few days, and today did not test for the lyme formula. Sounds very positive to me.

I have been fatigued a good bit, typically a first couple/few days following each injection.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

As an FYI, for those considering this, my doc today told me that biopure europe (austria?) is now or will soon be offering a homeopathic GcMAF remedy. It sounded like they were closed for a few weeks until early January, so it may not be possible to get right now, but perhaps soon. Sounds like this would be a lot cheaper, effectiveness of both versions I guess would remain to be seen.
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Very cool, Michael, thanks for the update!
CD57
Member # 11749

anything new here
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Any updates from our friends using GcMAF?

Scott, how are you doing?

Best to all,
Tammy

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also like to read some updates!
Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Any new updates?
Truesun
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truesun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted just to update that I am on the GcMaf Homeopathic. I've only been on it for two weeks and haven't noticed anything yet. As soon as I notice any change I'll post. I do think it is important we keep this post going as I do think it is promising.

I want to add doing the Homeopathic because I'm afraid of the full injection reaction.

--------------------
Misdiagnosed for many years. Treated for many things besides the real issue. Lyme diagnosed April 2008. Parasites diagnosed recently. Past to both my sons. Trying to remain hopeful and thankful.

Posts: 144 | From Ohio Valley | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

I have been on it about 2 months now, cycling on and off as the pendulum says so. I am off now for the last week. About half way through when I got off through pendulum testing, we took nagalase test again, just got results at that point the nagalase level had gone down from 1.40 to 1.00, the "normal" range is something like 0.35 to 0.95, with 0.60 supposedly a good result. I could be at about optimal level now, and am feeling much better.

I'm getting CD57 test this coming week, which I use as a monitoring tool as well. Just got 3 fire ant bites yesterday, ugggh, hope that doesn't screw things up.

FYI I have been using injections, just ordered the homeopathic in case that ends up being better, just to test it out with the pendulum, but my results are from the injections.

I heard at a conference just last weekend that the homeopathic can cause the inflamation reactions just like the injection can, which at least speaks to it's potential power.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

I am interested in:

1) getting the test
2) possibly trying the homeopathic
3) possibly trying the injectable

Do I get all 3 from http://www.gcmaf.org/ ?

Thanks.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Dan

The test is actually done in europe, but there is one place in the U.S., Vitamin Diagnostics in New Jersey, that will send it to europe for processing. So you need a doc to get some account/arrangement with them and their test kit to mail to V.D. in NJ.

The homeopathic is called "Homeo K MAF" and is available from Biopure--their Europe website, which will ship to the U.S.

The injectable can be purchased at the website you listed.

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a possible alternative to injections and homeopathic remedies. I've recently gone into SuperSupplements inquiring about hcg for weight loss, something that was discussed on this forum. They said that the drops with no hcg in them (homeopathic drops) did not work but the stuff that had some in them (sublingual drops) did work well.

They now have people making their own sublingual drops from injectable hcg. Wonder whether that same thing would work with GcMaf. I don't know how to make the sublingual drops but maybe that would be similar to the hcg procedure. I have that and can post it but it is a lengthy post, about a page. If anyone is interested in trying, and if it's okay to post a page, I'll put it up. Otherwise a search for mixing hcg for subliminal drops or something similar might do the job.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I ordered the homeo K MAF last week, per one of my docs in Dr. K's clinic. I will be starting soon.

Didn't realize it could have the same inflammatory response as the injections. I will be sure to start slowly.

I, too, did not feel comfortable about the injections.

I hope this is a home run for us.

Best to all....

Truesun
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truesun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Just an update. Had all over body pain today with other nasty symptoms. This is new to me and I am assuming it is coming from GcMaf. I am going to slow down to one drop. Was taking five twice a day.
Bad, Bad, Day

--------------------
Misdiagnosed for many years. Treated for many things besides the real issue. Lyme diagnosed April 2008. Parasites diagnosed recently. Past to both my sons. Trying to remain hopeful and thankful.

Posts: 144 | From Ohio Valley | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Just wanted to report, I ordered the homeopathic version (Homeo K MAF) but still have the real stuff for the injections. Although a couple of the Homeo K products are testing as good for me, the Homeo K MAF is not, even during the last couple days where I have tested for large amounts of the injections.

So, sounds like while the homeopathic is powerful for some (sounds like Truesun may be one such example), for me, looks like it's just the injections...

CD57
Member # 11749

Anything new here?
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I spoke with betterhealthguy recently. He said this was the toughest treatment he's done so far. Crazy inflammation took a long while to subside. Now it is much more manageable. It seems the most notable difference he has seen is that his nagalase level is much lower, for which he is happy about.... he said at least now he has likely decreased his chances of getting cancer.
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

I'm getting requests for updates. I don't know that there's a lot new that's going to answer people's nature question of whether this is the magic cure or not, but here is where things are at this point.

I am still on this some. I have taken 9 vials now, each vial is 600 euros plus expensive shipping, so it certainly is not a cheap treatment. Actually, as of today, 600 euros is only $731. Not too long ago it was about $1000, so the price has gone down a bit in that sense (at least for now).

I took it for a few months, got a lot better, then stopped as I stopped energy testing for it. I did start up again, and have been using it with homeopathic lyme nosodes. At times I have tested to take a lot of it, immediately following the lyme nosode. So I think I am targeting the usage against lyme and coinfections.

I haven't run into any of the inflammation problems that betterhealthguy is reporting. My main symptom from this is extreme fatigue, immediately following taking it. In the beginning, within an hour of the dose, I would love to take a nap, even if that wasn't always possible. All the other powerful treatments I have taken have had similar results in terms of fatigue.

I had at a point gotten a good bit of increased energy. Lately, I am fatigued all the time. My nagalase levels are certainly down, but I don't have a recent result. I got it retested 6 weeks ago but haven't got those results yet. It may be with lowered nagalase levels and use of the lyme nosodes, I have my own GcMAF constantly fighting the lyme, causing the consstant fatigue. Or, of course, there are many other possible explanations (perhaps mold in home, thyroid function, yada yada), but I'll note I've had more energy in the past than these days, including one week about a month or so ago.

I do think it is a very powerful treatment. It does not appear to be some magic thing and take some of this for a couple months and magically you're all better no matter what your issues were. It seems possible it could be an important part of getting well. I am not across any such finish line at this point.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Just got nagalase results today from late June blood draw. It showed 0.85, the lowest yet for me, although very near 0.91 from a couple/few months before. Must say I was surprised with the amount I had taken in that time, that it just went down that much.

It is now in the normal range, per the lab report, although the people making the GcMAF do say if you don't get it down to 0.62, and stop taking it, then it just goes back up. From the conversations I had with them, I do expect them to be very surprised to hear this latest report regarding how little it had gone down.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement